• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I was going to say it deserved to win before seeing That's The Way It Is from Red Dead Redemption 2 was also nominated.

Sorry, shitty techno.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hell yeah!!!! I unapologetically love that song

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Good on them, the song is epic from DMC5.

I'm still salty about the lack of appreciation for 2016s FFXV ost. Game soundtrack of the generation among a selection of games that have memorable tracks. My opinion only of course.
- Veiled in black, Apocalypsis Noctis, Somnus, Hellfire, Omnia Lacrima, Invidia, Nox Aeterna, . .. These tracks are so epic. I still get goosebumps.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Silver Bullet is better ;)
It only works because Devil Trigger is as good as it is. By virtue of piggybacking, Silver Bullet is lesser (IMO), even if I do feel it's more appropriate thematically.

I'm still salty about the lack of appreciation for 2016s FFXV ost. Game soundtrack of the generation among a selection of games that have memorable tracks. My opinion only of course.
- Veiled in black, Apocalypsis Noctis, Somnus, Hellfire, Omnia Lacrima, Invidia, Nox Aeterna, . .. These tracks are so epic. I still get goosebumps.
What's the name of the title screen track? It made me cry after I beat the game. That whole OST is brilliant.

OP
OP
lowhighkang_LHK
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
That's The Way It Is from Red Dead Redemption 2 was also nominated.

One of the best songs ever in a video game TBH. It's great how different types of music in different genres trying to extract different kinds of emotions in different kinds of video games can all get the credit they deserve.

Love video game music. Always have since I first played FF1.

OP
OP
lowhighkang_LHK
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Silver Bullet is better ;)

It kind of is though...casey and ali also did that one as well. So let's give it credit here at the least::

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I cant say it and it kills me but you know what is supposed to be here !!!

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I like silver bullet more too but its well deserved. Its no coincidence that the song has almost 10 million views on youtube, its a bang bang banger.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
The thing with Silver Bullet is it didn't permeate the public consciousness like Devil Trigger did, considering Devil Trigger was available since the reveal of the game while Silver Bullet's only been around for 8ish months.

May 15, 2019
Silver Bullet wouldn't work as well without Devil Trigger as its context though. Getting that remixed take on the song in the moment that you do is part of why it works so well.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Well I should hope so. That song SLAPS. Easily one of the most iconic themes of the generation. Almost Metal Gear Rising quality, I dare say.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017

It's very, very good. The similarity to the Morrowind theme sours me on Apocalypsis Noctis though. The melody is almost a straight ripoff to my ears.