• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
DPMA97tUEAAesMc.jpg:orig

Netflix Page: https://www.netflix.com/title/80174974
Official Site: http://devilman-crybaby.com/

Director: Masaaki Yuasa (Mind Game, Kemonozume, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, The Night is Short Walk On Girl)
Screenplay: Ichiro Okouchi (Planetes, Code Geass, Kabaneri)
Character Design: Ayumi Kurashima (Xam'd, G-Reco)
Demon Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama (Space Dandy, Flip Flappers)
Music: Kensuke Ushio (Space Dandy, A Silent Voice, Ping Pong)
Animation Studio: Science Saru (The Night is Short Walk On Girl, Lu Over The Wall)

Netflix Blurb:
With demons reawakened and humanity in turmoil, a sensitive demon-boy is led into a brutal, degenerate war against evil by his mysterious friend, Ryo.

Starring: Kouki Uchiyama, Ayumu Murase, Megumi Han

All 10 episodes going up on Friday Jan 5th 2018 Worldwide. Exclusively on Netflix.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, pretty please let this lead into a Violence Jack Netflix series. It's been too long.

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
So, looks like it's sticking to the manga. Oddly, it looks like a lot of it is set during the manga's ending arc.
Makes sense, considering it's the material that's almost always been skipped / missed when they've adapted Devilman in the past because it's so dark and nihilistic.

Yuasa directing this is enough to hype me. Him and Takashi Koike are the best people currently working in anime. If anybody here hasn't seen any of his real mind-trip of material like Mind Game or Kaiba, you owe it to yourself to watch them.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So, looks like it's sticking to the manga. Oddly, it looks like a lot of it is set during the manga's ending arc.

I see elements of the whole story in there but this wouldn't surprise me.

The funniest part of reading Devilman is right before that final arc happens, the manga straight up warns you by saying "Oh it's about to get FUCKED UP" now.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it. Never read the manga but love me some Yuasa. Glad it's on a Friday too, lovely little weekend treat.
Nice OT duckroll!

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, considering it's the material that's almost always been skipped / missed when they've adapted Devilman in the past because it's so dark and nihilistic.

Yuasa directing this is enough to hype me. Him and Takashi Koike are the best people currently working in anime. If anybody here hasn't seen any of his real mind-trip of material like Mind Game or Kaiba, you owe it to yourself to watch them.

The meeting god and finale sequences of Mind Game are probably my favorite moments in any anime ever.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
This show is going to be good. Maybe even too good.

So much that I might be unable to bear watching the whole thing in a single day.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Other than reading the blurb and knowing it's directed by Yuasa, I don't know anything about this. But it's Yuasa, so I'm 100% in. Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong are two of my all-time favorites.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, the dude who directed Mind Game? This is gonna be sick.

I know absolutely nothing about Devilman, though.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember Devil man. Used to be up there with Urosukodoji I think. Wonder what the modern take is like.