• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao these guys are amazing. The ultimate punchline would be if Rockstar accepted. Of course it's impossible with T2 in the picture, but it would be funny.

winkyface

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
oh devolver

0dpddIq.gif
I laughed way too much at this.

dat boi

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know, this seems kinda scummy to me...

Obviously they're joking but how do you feel if you're Rockstar? Some low budget indie publisher (relative to the level of Rockstar/Take Two) is calling you out publicly for not announcing a PC version and asking for likes on Twitter.

Rockstar obviously didn't announce a PC version for specific reasons, probably because of Take Two. This just seems like a cheap way for Devolver to make Rockstar look bad and in the process generate publicity for themselves.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017

Obviously they're joking but how do you feel if you're Rockstar? Some low budget indie publisher (relative to the level of Rockstar/Take Two) is calling you out publicly for not announcing a PC version and asking for likes on Twitter.

Rockstar obviously didn't announce a PC version for specific reasons, probably because of Take Two. This just seems like a cheap way for Devolver to make Rockstar look bad and in the process generate publicity for themselves.

I'd imagine Rockstar mostly wouldn't care considering they are comfortable in the knowledge RDR2 is going to do gangbusters.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Well they already did that other game that's just like GTA, I think it was called Hotline Miami? RDR and GTA are basically the same thing so they'd do a great job with RDR2 I reckon.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Meanwhile at Rockstar

giphy.webp

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017

Rockstar gives zero fucks and continues being an industry leader while making insane amounts of cash.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
I love them.

Hello Devolver, i can offer you my marketing insights. I also can bring the beers to the office. You need me.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

Rockstar don't give af

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Rockstar likely couldn't give a fuck. I also don't think Devolver are trying to make them look bad either, just having a little fun, as it's so obvious it'll release on PC later, Rockstar are just making themselves look bad, trying to pretend otherwise.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Rockstar doesn't need anyone else to make them look bad, they do that on their own.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Joke will be on you guys when they reveal that Devolver is actually doing the port and this was all a pr stunt

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i'm sure a single employee at rockstar actually saw this tweet and asked "who is this revolver dude" and then promptly forgot about this whole thing

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Devolver is great.

I think Rockstar should take them up on the offer, PC dev kits aren't easy to come by. It took years to ship enough to Japan to get their games on PC.

dat boi

Oct 28, 2017
Rockstar likely couldn't give a fuck. I also don't think Devolver are trying to make them look bad either, just having a little fun, as it's so obvious it'll release on PC later, Rockstar are just making themselves look bad, trying to pretend otherwise.

Yea I guess so. It just seemed in bad taste to me and kinda unprofessional among people in the same industry, although I guess tone doesn't translate well to online posts.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course they will. They know people will double dip.

Yes, 15 million people buy the same game twice. It couldn't just be that the PC market has high expectations and they don't just want a straight port, could it?

They always add features, content, and optimize to the max compared to the original release. A task that would require a sizable team for a massive open world showcase that isn't even going to be complete on day 1, as it will have its multiplayer mode enter beta after official release. Said showcase has already been pushed back multiple times. Similarly, the PC versions typically get delayed multiple times as well.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom

I dunno man, I really don't think any devs as Rockstar will see it this way...

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be even funnier when Devolver publishes the PC port of the first Red Dead Redemption.

Actually, them publishing Red Dead REVOLVER would be even better.