• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
that tweet could cost a lot of people a lot of money if it was a joke--- so my guess is we're hearing an announcement very soon

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
that tweet could cost a lot of people a lot of money if it was a joke--- so my guess is we're hearing an announcement very soon
This is my thoughts. Devolver makes a lot of jokes, but they're not a parody account and they do care a lot about the industry they're in. I'm guessing they're earnestly giving this as a heads-up even if they can't directly confirm it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They joke a lot but this wouldn't be the time to do that. It's gonna get cancelled.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Is Devolver saying this as in THEY'RE pulling out, or is E3 officially cancelled?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
An E3 without Nina Struthers doesn't deserve to be called E3 at all

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Man, Evo is also almost certainly cancelled too. Sighs, this sucks. Of course it would happen one of the few years that would have Soulcalibur VI...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Not sure why they'd joke about that, not like it was even funny

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
A new world.

Both consoles will likely be fully unveiled via a stream with no corresponding live event. I don't care myself. Let's see the 12-14TF boxes already.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering how the PS and XBOX next gen showcases will happen now. They need a live audience but at the same time can't bring a live audience together.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
E3 getting cancelled should feel bigger than it does, but with Sony, Nintendo and EA already doing their own thing, we're really only missing out on Microsoft's normal show and cringe compilations. I'm sure the equivalent of those announcements will still come via pre recorded show Direct style.

With the health concerns, there's no reason to limp through another show right now.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
E3 getting cancelled should feel bigger than it does, but with Sony, Nintendo and EA already doing their own thing, we're really only missing out on Microsoft's normal show and cringe compilations. I'm sure the equivalent of those announcements will still come via pre recorded show Direct style.

With the health concerns, there's no reason to limp through another show right now.

Yeah, I don't see how it really matters at all. Companies can live-stream their planned events.

It's a little weird that e3 still exists in the first place. It's a lot of time, effort, and money put into something that only a very small handful of people get to enjoy in-person.

Status
Not open for further replies.