• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

It's been a long time coming but here it is: the first frame-rate test between PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X running what we're pretty certain to be identical content with the same visual feature set... and running with an effectively unlocked frame-rate to boot, all the way up to 120fps. And with optional ray tracing too! It's only one game - and a launch game at that, with far from final developmental environments. But still, the results are fascinating - and some might say, somewhat unexpected...

Optmst

Apr 9, 2020
tenor.gif

*Can't wait for DF face-off* crowd

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
It reminds me when MHW launched and it performed way better on ps4 pro compared to xbox one X.. Idk why but capcom seen to not optimize well enough its game in the microsoft platform.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, without (hopefully) this thread going into console warz, I think one of the main takeouts is that a $399 PS5DE is an absolutely killer deal for a next gen system, as the words "punching well above its weight" keep being repeated.

It's early, but I think this all looks very good for the start of next gen.
Love the many modes available in particular. Something for everyone, and I hope most games will adopt the same philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.