• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-assassins-creed-origins-performance-analysis

It's early days with Xbox One testing - we've literally only had a couple of hours to run through gameplay, pick out some stills and run a few clips through our performance analysis tools. However, initial results suggest that the base Microsoft hardware doesn't quite match its PlayStation 4 equivalent. Whether it's in matched gameplay or in those troublesome cutscenes, Xbox One is 1-2fps behind PlayStation 4 in areas where the Sony console can't hit its performance target.

Of course, the version we'd love to show you right now is Xbox One X - which by all rights should be the most impressive console version available. Alpha code showings at E3 and Gamescom weren't convincing - obvious visual bugs back in the day included low resolution textures in the medium and far distance, which caused concern. However, we're much more optimistic about now based on the three versions we've looked at thus far, all of which are more polished. Logically, Xbox One X can only build on the good work seen here on the other platforms.

Ubisoft has clearly built a game that scales nicely across hardware- the primary difference is a lower level of softness the more GPU power you have in your console. If PlayStation 4 Pro hands in something along the lines of a 1350p-1584p spread with its dynamic scaling, we'd expect significantly better from Xbox One X simply by virtue of its extra compute power and bandwidth. However, we do wonder whether higher level texture work can be factored in too by virtue of the new Microsoft console's additional four gigs of GDDR5. HDR is also a lock on the X, though we're told that all versions will get that upgrade at the time of the X's launch via a title update. First impressions on the new Assassin's Creed are certainly promising then, and we'll have more analysis and discussion on the game soon.

Look if old

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont like how they are punishing consumers who bought the game on Day 1. Dont know if they are doing this to favor X1 owners but HDR should not be an afterthought. cut a side mission or two and focus on that instead.

HHGaming

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had to skip the Game on consoles duo the Mid 20 Frame rate + Change of gameplay system of the series, the new Combat really make a use of the higher frame rate
Looks like a great game from what i have played but will wait for the Patches+DLC for the PC Version before playing it again

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I dont like how they are punishing consumers who bought the game on Day 1. Dont know if they are doing this to favor X1 owners but HDR should not be an afterthought. cut a side mission or two and focus on that instead.

Same reason why I haven't bought The Evil Within 2 yet. No Pro support, no HDR support on any consoles. We'll see if there are updates by the time the Xbone X launches.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Looks much better than the early showings, which already looked pretty good. I have yet to see some Senu gameplay, but the geometry/shadow pop-ins are less noticeable and happen at a farther distance, from what I've observed.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish DF would just include an average FPS metric. Sometimes it's hard to tell if they're bring a bit hyperbolic or if there's enough significant drops to drastically affect gameplay.

It would be nice to have the data and decide ourselves.

Wordstar

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The resolution looks realy nice do to the Temperal AA. I hope they get that cutscene performance fixed a little bit though.

Addikt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am an old man now but every time I see comparisons like this I just think when will companies concentrate on stability first then pushing graphics second. Console owners are desperate for open world games playing smoothly. I want to be immersed and not pulled out every time it starts hitching. Still AC looks great and I will be buying it once I get my X.

HHGaming

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish DF would just include an average FPS metric. Sometimes it's hard to tell if they're bring a bit hyperbolic or if there's enough significant drops to drastically affect gameplay.

It would be nice to have the data and decide ourselves.

The game is 100% not smooth 30FPS (frame rate drops+Frame pacing on PS4 PRO)
I don't mind 30FPS Games, for example for me Uncharted/Horizon on the PS4 were very Smooth 30fps so it doesn't bother me at all, but AC Origins was "unplayable" for me, can i finish the game in its state? yes but i will be annoyed as hell with the frame rate drops with this new combat where i felt a solid frame rate really needed

In the video they even talk about the game stutter at 8:46 mark

This is just embarrassing

33333301ss3.png

jpg

Last edited: