• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
🔥🔥 Link: https://github.com/lantus/devilution-nx

Watch this video for more info. It's awesome!

In 2018, Diablo source code was reverse engineered. Brilliant YouTuber MVG explains the history of how it happened, and as a bonus even compiled a Nintendo Switch version of Diablo 1!

Of course, you need a homebrewed console. It's still fascinating as hell! 😈

For now, it uses sticks to move the character (similar to PSX version), but he said he may add touch controls to it. Note that this is an open source project, so expect him or other people (you?) to improve this.

Anyone with a homebrew Switch want to try this?! :D

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Gif from video:

qN2WKpF.gif

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
Cool cool cool. MVG's mistakes were made series has been amazing really hope he keeps it up. Anyone interested in how hacks for consoles come about should check it out.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this earlier.. man, makes me want to re-hack my launch Switch lol.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The PS1 port of Diablo vastly outshines the PC version. Local multiplayer is great and controls are definitely more responsive feeling.

Would love to see the game pop up on the PS Store at some point, but we probably won't get any ports.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I just played the GOG version with 3 other friends, it really hasn't stood the test of time as well as Diablo II.

I'm also playing it on the PSC (modded with Bleemsync) and I kinda agree that the PS1 version is better. Plus, it looks better with the colored lightning.

This is an interesting project on the Switch.