• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
PSA: REMEMBER TO TURN ON ELECTIVE MODE

This way, you can map any skill to any button, even skills from the same groupings. Almost all builds will require this.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I don't know why but seeing this OT pushed me over the edge and now I wanna pick this game up. Gotta wait for Black Friday for the slimmest chance that I can get a deal on this.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Read something about console d3 that kinda lowered my hype. Apparently nephalem glories double your dps on consoles so you reach the same dps as pc and because of that grifts are much harder since they are basically mandatory? Is that truly an issue?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dpy7U5zUUAA7GYm.jpg:large
Jesus.

Legit not buying due to that. Get with the fucking program, Blizzard.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Read something about console d3 that kinda lowered my hype. Apparently nephalem glories double your dps on consoles so you reach the same dps as pc and because of that grifts are much harder since they are basically mandatory? Is that truly an issue?

Never had an issue with it. Grifts aren't particularly hard to beat and remember you will always be working your way through the ranks so if they are "much harder" that just means you would need to gear up a bit more to run higher levels. I've never felt any difficulty issues with them though if it exists.

One big positive with console D3 for me personally is that I would get hand cramps on PC playing it for extended sessions and it's way more comfortable on console for me.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Wonder when i'll get the special edition console in. Haven't received any shipping info yet from eb games. I'm assuming they ship it on the release date and i'll get it next week.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I'm not a big fan of Diablo 3 and I still play Diablo 2 nowadays.
However, portable Diablo is a dream come true! I will buy this product and hope Blizzard will port more titles to the Switch in the future!
(Like the rumored D2 Remake/Remaster... that would be... amazing!)

Last edited:

Deleted member 4852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does the preloading timeframe work? If youre in the US is it 9PM Pacific/12am eastern or does nintendo make you wait?

Riesenfass

Oct 29, 2017
My local shop called me today to tell me my pre-order is there and will be available Friday morning. Taking the day off work to pick it up and watch the blizzcon keynote. This is my third time buying D3, looking forward to playing it on lunch breaks with friends.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
How will offline seasons even work? Do you have to get connected once in a while to sync stuff?

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo. What everyone first starting class will be? Im hesitating between Witch Doctor and Crusader. I just love Captain America build and at the same time love my Grin Reaper build from WD. Hmmm decision, decisions..

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This game seems like a great fit for the Switch and it's awesome to have a portable version of it. It just makes me wish the Switch had support for playing your own music in the background, or a Spotify app. Nothing against the music in the game, just played it enough on PC where it would be nice to have my own tunes in the background. I know you can always put the game on mute and play music off another device, but I like hearing sound effects and other audio cues in the game. This is going to be a great commute/travel game regardless, but just would be nice to listen to some of my own tunes in the background while I played. That being said, I'm still probably picking it up.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
Grinded and got burned out on the PC version dozens of times but the couch co-op is just too much to turn down. Hopefully it's worth the double dip. Very excited

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I live in central time zone, but I'm gonna be in pacific time zone when this comes out. So will it unlock at 9pm PST? Or will I have to wait until 12:00am PST even though that would be 2:00an CST already?

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
How will offline seasons even work? Do you have to get connected once in a while to sync stuff?

According to reddit you have to be online during character creation. Then anything you do offline is saved but not shown on the leader board so if you are pushing a rift that will out you high on the board be sure to connect before you start that rift (if you care about such things )

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
Thinking of getting a Switch just for Diablo and Civilization for when I travel...seems like a dream to have hundreds of hours in your backpack (I don't game on my iPad or phone)

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Torn between Monk, Demon Hunter and Necromancer after playing exclusively as a Wizard on PS4. Gonna have to make a decision when the game unlocks.

I'm mostly just nervous about having a melee focused build after enjoying and understanding how the ranged wizard works, but I am curious about how the other classes play! I hear you basically can't go wrong, so it'll probably be fine

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this ends up doing pretty well

I personally won't partake because this kind of game is not my thing, but I want Blizzard to see there is an audience for them on Switch

So let's do this thing

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Never played Diablo but I am curious..... Not sure if $60 curious but the fact you can play online goes a long way towards convincing me I may enjoy this.

Apr 21, 2018

I personally won't partake because this kind of game is not my thing, but I want Blizzard to see there is an audience for them on Switch

So let's do this thing

The pre-load has been pretty high on the charts where I am, and I think there's a Diablo bundle. That and the Nintendo direct/treehouse push and local multiplayer...I think it's going to do very well.

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I don't even really like Diablo 3....

.... but I still caved an pre-ordered D:

ARPG on the Switch too good to pass up.

OP
OP
Tu101uk

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I haven't played in a year. Are any classes not viable at higher torment levels?
I mean, on the PS4 version I beat Greater Rift 70 (the level you need to reach to unlock Primal Ancient legendaries, the current highest rarity of gear) with a Crusader with an unoptimised Shield Bash skill build and unoptimised equipment, so I'm assuming most builds on console shouldn't have issues reaching that.

Beyond that? It gets harder as mobs start one-shotting you and Rift Guardians become damage sponges but that's always been the case anyways.

Glad to see people getting hyped for this classic game. Third-party sites like Icy Veins are great for research when you're a bit more experienced but to be honest it's a lot more fun to just to go in and experiment with the classes yourself. I guarantee you newcomers that, with 7 classes and many armour sets you will eventually find a skill build that will click with you.
No preorder bonuses but you do get Nintendo-exclusive cosmetics. I mean who doesn't want to go around the depths of hell as Ganondorf with a chicken as a pet... :V shame about them scrapping the Link equipment transmogs.

Last edited:

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Is this crossplay with any other version?

Not right now but they seem to be committed to making it happen. I think we could get cross play with Xbox fairly soon.

So let's do this thing

It's #6 on the US eShop right now on pre-loads alone. So looking pretty good so far

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see people getting hyped for this classic game. Third-party sites like Icy Veins are great for research when you're a bit more experienced but to be honest it's a lot more fun to just to go in and experiment with the classes yourself. I guarantee you newcomers that, with 7 classes and many armour sets you will eventually find a skill build that will click with you.

To add to what Tu101uk has said, seriously, don't sweat your builds and obsess. Especially in the early game. Do the campaign on normal with a character you like the sound of, unlock your skills and play around. Coming in new and obsessing over the "optimal" build is just going to ruin your enjoyment of the game. I went down that path and it just makes you freeze up and doubt yourself.

I had the most fun when I just didn't sweat it. As Tu101uk says, there's plenty of time down the line to start to think about builds. Just have fun with it.