• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tjhin

Oct 27, 2017
Got my copy early :)

Dq5fcPCU0AIzqJP.jpg
Dq5fca4VAAA8YrJ.jpg

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT! I'm glad someone made one. I'll have a place to spam with questions Can't wait to play this when I finally can next Monday.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, on the PS4 version I beat Greater Rift 70 (the level you need to reach to unlock Primal Ancient legendaries, the current highest rarity of gear) with a Crusader with an unoptimised Shield Bash skill build and unoptimised equipment, so I'm assuming most builds on console shouldn't have issues reaching that.
Oh god, I forgot they introduced a tier above ancient legs. As a hardcore player, that bums me out a little.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Are you sure you read that right? Even the controller layout above with 2 joycons show you can evade with the stick

If you shake your Joy-Con the character rolls (same with using the right joystick) -> unfortunately I couldn't find a way to turn this off, using two joy cons this can be annoying if you just move your hand out of convenience and then rolling around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ot_an_early_copy_of_diablo_first_impressions/

"On the single joy-con, however, rolling is handled by flicking the joy-con in a quick motion. It is surprisingly reactive and accurate and works well as a solution to the lack of a second stick on the joycon."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...the_single_joycon_however_rolling_is_handled/

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
If you shake your Joy-Con the character rolls (same with using the right joystick) -> unfortunately I couldn't find a way to turn this off, using two joy cons this can be annoying if you just move your hand out of convenience and then rolling around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ot_an_early_copy_of_diablo_first_impressions/

"On the single joy-con, however, rolling is handled by flicking the joy-con in a quick motion. It is surprisingly reactive and accurate and works well as a solution to the lack of a second stick on the joycon."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...the_single_joycon_however_rolling_is_handled/

Please don't force me to shake my console. Fuck.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Don't forget, one thing this version has that others don't is an amiibo item. Using it makes a rainbow portal appear, then scanning a standard amiibo such as Mario summons a rare named mob.

There's also datamining to suggest that two Diablo themed amiibo are on the way, one of which will let you enter that portal once every 24 hours.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Don't forget, one thing this version has that others don't is an amiibo item. Using it makes a rainbow portal appear, then scanning a standard amiibo such as Mario summons a rare named mob.

There's also datamining to suggest that two Diablo themed amiibo are on the way, one of which will let you enter that portal once every 24 hours.
Does any non-mario amiibo make a rainbow portal appear? I think all i have is a Kirby left over after i sold them all.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Kirby will work just fine to summon a rare mob too, yeah.
Is it completely random? like one day you might get a rainbow portal one day you might get a rare mob? Assuming the rainbow portal you are talking about is to the Whimsyshire. Damn, i hope i can get it early through another regions store today i can't wait to play it.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Is it completely random? like one day you might get a rainbow portal one day you might get a rare mob? Assuming the rainbow portal you are talking about is to the Whimsyshire. Damn, i hope i can get it early through another regions store today i can't wait to play it.

Oh no, so. You have an item in your bags called "amiibo portal". Using that item is what makes a rainbow portal appear. But then you scan an amiibo which dictates how the portal works. Scanning a "generic" makes mobs come out of it, but scanning the datamined "Treasure Goblin amiibo" allows you to enter it.

Entering it seems like it could take you to either Whimsyshire, Whimsydale, or Greed's Realm, but that's just speculation based on datamining.

OP
OP
Tu101uk

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK

Yeah I wanted some official info on the amiibo stuff before adding it to the OT, but I'll add a little note for the time being.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
How is Demon Hunter on console? It was the class I played back when D3 released on PC and tempted to start as that. But back then you wanted to move one direction and shoot in another, is that possible here?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
How is Demon Hunter on console? It was the class I played back when D3 released on PC and tempted to start as that. But back then you wanted to move one direction and shoot in another, is that possible here?
I've had no problem vaulting on the Xbox version and spraying my fire in the opposite direction behind me, should be perfectly fine here.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I was thinking the same while playing the PC version. Then I realized I can't do it in the PC version either.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Demon Hunter is awesome right now because of Season 15. You can earn the Unhallowed Essence set which lets you just obliterate things on the other side of the screen. The set is easily enough to allow you to dive right into some of the higher rifts.

(2) Set:
Your generators generate 2 additional Hatred and 1 Discipline.
(4) Set:
Gain 60% damage reduction and deal 60% increased damage for 8 seconds if no enemy is within 10 yards of you.
(6) Set:
Your generators, Multishot, and Vengeance deal 100% increased damage for every point of Discipline you have.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-multishot-build-patch-2-6-1-season-15

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Demon Hunter is awesome right now because of Season 15. You can earn the Unhallowed Essence set which lets you just obliterate things on the other side of the screen. The set is easily enough to allow you to dive right into some of the higher rifts.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-multishot-build-patch-2-6-1-season-15
Yeah UE is the set I used to finish this most recent Season Journey on PC. Multishot spam is insane while using Vengeance and clear speed is crazy good.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I just cant wait to be the first to coordinate my dump ´splouch' with a Legendary drop when im on the bowl in the toilet. Wont try to youtube the moment, dont worry here.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at no mandatory download for this one.

Wondered how they crammed it all on one cart, those CGs must be compressed to 'hell'. :lol

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've decided on Crusader to start with and maybe I'll do some sort of magic dude as as a secondary character in a couple of days.

Are we looking at a midnight release?

Oct 27, 2017
Went with crusader on PC & Xbox One. But, for the switch, I'm tempted to give barbarian class or Demon Hunter a shot.

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
Haven't tried the necromancer yet so I will start with that. What do you all think of that class?

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT OP, excitement building.

I wonder if there's scope for those who are deeply invested in the game to share either short guide to the various classes/ tips for newcomers or external resources they've found handy? I imagine it would prove invaluable for those going in for the first time, who better than those who know the game inside out and looking to pass on their extensive knowledge. Merely a suggestion, feel free to ignore :)

dat boi

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't tried the necromancer yet so I will start with that. What do you all think of that class?

Excellent for this season. You can work towards completing your season journey to get the Rathma set which is used for current meta builds. Don't worry about this until you hit level 70 though and just enjoy the game until then.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I had no idea this was releasing so soon. I'm falling so far behind on Switch games I want to play this is crazy. So excited that this is 60 fps mostly in handheld and docked.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I asked Blizzard on Twitter about Eshop release time so hopefully they get us an update.

Sniffynose

Oct 30, 2017
I got my copy early and I am blown away so far with how great it runs. I've thrown thousands of hours into this game and have owned several copies on each platform and was really happy with how well this port performs.

Only downside is the terribad game icon...

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, on the PS4 version I beat Greater Rift 70 (the level you need to reach to unlock Primal Ancient legendaries, the current highest rarity of gear) with a Crusader with an unoptimised Shield Bash skill build and unoptimised equipment, so I'm assuming most builds on console shouldn't have issues reaching that.

Beyond that? It gets harder as mobs start one-shotting you and Rift Guardians become damage sponges but that's always been the case anyways.

Glad to see people getting hyped for this classic game. Third-party sites like Icy Veins are great for research when you're a bit more experienced but to be honest it's a lot more fun to just to go in and experiment with the classes yourself. I guarantee you newcomers that, with 7 classes and many armour sets you will eventually find a skill build that will click with you.

No preorder bonuses but you do get Nintendo-exclusive cosmetics. I mean who doesn't want to go around the depths of hell as Ganondorf with a chicken as a pet... :V shame about them scrapping the Link equipment transmogs.
Maybe they are tied to Link amiibos.