• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Can't search this thread from mobile, but has anyone encountered a Ramaladnis Gift yet? I'm paragon 594 on my DH and haven't seen one drop yet :(
I'm at about that paragon level, and I only have one. Unfortunately, your situation is not uncommon; Ramaladni's Gift is just that stubbornly rare. Of course, given its enormous potential (and the fact that a lot of characters will only need one), that certainly makes sense.

I haven't been getting too deep into adventure mode yet, I just keep making new characters to try out.
That's pretty normal, actually - each class plays very differently and a lot of people try to find which one they like most. Try to get some paragon levels with one character if you haven't already; the first few dozen or so are very quick to obtain, and they benefit all your characters.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Did anybody try to play last night and have problems connecting?

It wouldn't let me and my brother join eachother's game and we weren't doing anything wrong and everything was working..

The invites worked but it would always bring up an error.

Played Salmon Run instead.

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at about that paragon level, and I only have one. Unfortunately, your situation is not uncommon; Ramaladni's Gift is just that stubbornly rare. Of course, given its enormous potential (and the fact that a lot of characters will only need one), that certainly makes sense.

Yeah, it's quite annoying. I just don't recall them taking nearly this long to drop for me on the most recent seasons I played on XBOX/PC.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty normal, actually - each class plays very differently and a lot of people try to find which one they like most. Try to get some paragon levels with one character if you haven't already; the first few dozen or so are very quick to obtain, and they benefit all your characters.
Oh neat, so Paragon levels are like those upgrade points you get in Borderlands 2 that carry across characters?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I somehow had two gifts drop at once. Something is funky with the rng in this game.
Damn...I thought I got lucky when a rift boss dropped two legendary potions, but that's approaching lottery-winning levels right there.

Oh neat, so Paragon levels are like those upgrade points you get in Borderlands 2 that carry across characters?
Oh that's right! I completely forgot about the Badass Rank or whatever it was in B2. Yes, the paragon system works in a very similar way - the one big difference being that in D3, paragon XP can only be earned by characters who have reached level 70. (Normal and Hardcore characters also have a separate Paragon level.)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
also seasonal pargon and normal paragon is seperate, although when the season ends, all the season paragon rolls over into the normal game like items and characters do. But during the season its seperate.

edit: finally a short man's finger. Shit realy melts in T13 now, so guess ill see how far I can push in GRs and then either take a break when I hit a wall or lvl something else, not sure. I've already moved on to only playing at work (dont be jelly lol) and that wont change with Darksiders 3 next week and then Mutant Year Zero the week after (I believe) so I wont be playing much Diablo at home. A break is probably a good idea to come back strong in S16, probably best not to burn out (ive crossed the 100 hours played now in 1 week or whenever I bought it)

Last edited:

GreatBritton

Oct 29, 2017
I'm currently playing for the first time. I'm onnswitch playing as a crusader. I'm working through act 1 on Hard difficulty and have reached level 34, however I'm not even in the second act yet? Does this seem normal?

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
So, what's the consensus on the port? Solid? Any drops in later levels? I've played this on PC and XBX, so this'll be the third dip. How does the res holdup on handheld mode?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So, what's the consensus on the port? Solid? Any drops in later levels? I've played this on PC and XBX, so this'll be the third dip. How does the res holdup on handheld mode?

its the most impressive port I've seen on Switch. Also one of the ones up there for a showcase of the handheld mode in my opinion.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It drops a ton of visual effects when it gets busy and that really really sucks.

Frame rate drops are rare but the cost for that is extremely high.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ah the disapearing effects is certainly a thing, I noticed on the crusader sometimes the horse wouldnt show. Hardly a gamdbreaker in my opinion, I think its fantastic overall (ive only played handheld).

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah the disapearing effects is certainly a thing, I noticed on the crusader sometimes the horse wouldnt show. Hardly a gamdbreaker in my opinion, I think its fantastic overall (ive only played handheld).
Same here. Haven't had any issues with the port while only playing undocked. Game is virtual crack.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
If you haven't, try equipping the Blood Rush skill which should help you escape from any immobilizing effects, and the Final Service passive to prevent you from dying once every 60 seconds. If you're one-shotting everything you can probably afford to lose a little DPS.

The best way to get Jesseth I think is to upgrade rare one handed scythes and shields at the cube. You'll need a stack of Deaths Breaths to do so.

I've just entered the gr60's with Jesseth and the season set and I'm having similar issues with surviving, generally ok until something one-shots me while Final Service is on cooldown. I swapped out a DPS ring (convention of elements) for Unity to split damage with my follower and that effectively halved the damage I was taking which is great and means I'm not dying, but a rift is taking 11 minutes or so. I should be ok once I roll a socket on the Unity ring, and reforge my scythe. Then push on till the next wall and rejig again.
I found a way to breeze through GR65 (just now) and probably up to 70 if I try hard. The Endless Walk set and using Bone armor in a crowd increased my effective life to over 100 million. Huge difference.

Now I feel lucky for having half a dozen of those at Paragon 400

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has the Necromancer curse bug been fixed? I wonder if that's why I am having such a hard time surviving in T13 Greater Rifts. Losing one weapon there makes surviving much harder.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really regretting Necromancer for my campaign playthrough. She feels so overpowered. Granted I'm not to the end yet but I'm barely even losing any health.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised by how much fun I'm having. Feeling like a slog playing through the first act again for the umpteenth time, but I didnt buy the expansion on PC, so interested to see what happens in Act 5

Black Thunder

Nov 1, 2017
So I really regret downloading 2 voice packs... I tried deleting and reinstalling and they are still there (total game size is 22.2gb). Anyone have any luck figuring out a way to remove these?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
So, for years my wife and I have been looking for the perfect cooperative role-playing/dungeon crawler/loot game but to no avail. We've dabbled with the Destinys, the Final Fantasy XIVs and the Divisions out there, but none ever seemed to stick with her because she wants something where she can "loot, level up and laze about". Basically a game that you can put in as little or as much time as possible and still feel like she accomplished something with each session.

So, for YEARS I've been trying to get her to play Diablo 3 with me since it's is exactly the type of game she's looking for but she would always say no because it "looked silly". So, over the Thanksgiving break, after looking for something to play together, I suggest Diablo 3 again for the umpteenth time and this time she finally said "Oh, why the heck not?"

After playing for 5 hours straight, she then turned to me and says "This Diablo's a pretty good game" lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Playing a wizard. My time bubble doesn't show up much of the time. Have to press the button 3 or 4 times for it to appear. The button is fine and it only seems to be an issue with that one time bubble spell. Strange and annoying

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
So I really regret downloading 2 voice packs... I tried deleting and reinstalling and they are still there (total game size is 22.2gb). Anyone have any luck figuring out a way to remove these?
Nintendo currently doesn't have a system in place where you can delete individual DLCs. Your best bet is to uninstall, contact Nintendo support and hope they can remove the voice packs from your account, then redownload.

It sucks, but there's just no other way right now. Everyone keeps hoping for things like folders and themes in future Switch firmware updates, but my most-wanted feature is easily a better content manager.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I can't stop playing my hardcore Crusader that I recently got to 70. I've gone down 5 spots in normal leaderboard since I started playing her. Went back to main dude last night and got board in a couple minutes. The way hardcore forces you to approach the game is just much more engaging to me. I'm on the edge of my seat for every single encounter, even with trash mobs.

Also female Crusader VO > male Crusader VO. It ain't even close.

I only wish more people played hardcore so it was easier to find farming groups for bounties.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
barely finished a GR 80 so I guess thats my wall with my WD. I bet I can push a 90with my ccrusader now with all the paragons I got while playing the WD tho.

but yeah as usual, the "push part" doesnt really interest me. Finishing a set (and by set I mean a full build set, not just the green pieces) and making T13 irrelevant / being able to do decent GRs is always where I lose interest lol.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
So, for years my wife and I have been looking for the perfect cooperative role-playing/dungeon crawler/loot game but to no avail. We've dabbled with the Destinys, the Final Fantasy XIVs and the Divisions out there, but none ever seemed to stick with her because she wants something where she can "loot, level up and laze about". Basically a game that you can put in as little or as much time as possible and still feel like she accomplished something with each session.

So, for YEARS I've been trying to get her to play Diablo 3 with me since it's is exactly the type of game she's looking for but she would always say no because it "looked silly". So, over the Thanksgiving break, after looking for something to play together, I suggest Diablo 3 again for the umpteenth time and this time she finally said "Oh, why the heck not?"

After playing for 5 hours straight, she then turned to me and says "This Diablo's a pretty good game" lol

I love that!

sgb

Nov 1, 2017
I am just under lv 700 paragon right now if anyone wants to add my FC! Currently have a Multi Shot DH, Hammerdin Crusader and Lightning Archon Wizard all in season.

FC: 6496-0724-9499

Probably be light playtime until the season ends then I will get to work on a Necro!

Oct 27, 2017
Can set items drop with different stats? I already had several duplicate legendary items that were straight upgrades from one another but is it the same with sets?

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, nothing carries over when seasons change, right? Paragon levels, gear in stash, challenges completed in the current season: nothing?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
So, nothing carries over when seasons change, right? Paragon levels, gear in stash, challenges completed in the current season: nothing?
Everything carries over. Season characters just become regular ones, all your stash items get sent to the mailbox, gold/mats/shards/paragon XP is all added to your non-season total, and of course you get to keep whichever cosmetics you earned during the season.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017

So the point of seasons is to have a fresh run with new loot unique to the season, leaderboards etc.., when the season ends that loot goes back to your "main" non-seasonal characters. Including paragon exp I think.