• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the sales for Diablo 3 are good? It's a very good port, it deserves some recognition.

Well, with the walmart error they must have been good. All walmarts are sold out because of that error.

Btw, do you guys have a video on how to play this game? I bought it with this error but i don't know the gameplay basics of this game.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well, with the walmart error they must have been good. All walmarts are sold out because of that error.

Btw, do you guys have a video on how to play this game? I bought it with this error but i don't know the gameplay basics of this game.
I haven't watched this at length but a quick search looks like this might be a good guide to watch, he seems to show some good info from what I did see. Game has been out a while and changed a lot, so this seems to be a more recent guide for new players.

and Chosen has a good one as well below (I prefer this one below as I like his style a bit more)

Last edited:

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer

The game's site has a decent basics guide here, but you really don't need it; D3 is a super simple game to play. There's also an in-game tutorial that helps you out as you go, so really just jump right in. Be sure to make a seasonal character (for the additional rewards and objectives) and start with the campaign to learn the fundamentals of the game and its story/mechanics.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
thanks guys, I'll be sure to check them as I start playing this. I got a little afraid after seeing how convoluted is the UI, but still, I know it shouldn't be too difficult to learn

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
thanks guys, I'll be sure to check them as I start playing this. I got a little afraid after seeing how convoluted is the UI, but still, I know it shouldn't be too difficult to learn
Yeah by all means, follow what SirNinja said and just give it a shot without looking anything up first. If you find anything confusing, then maybe reference the videos above. Just have fun and obviously ask here or in the discord if you have any questions, plenty here to help if you need.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
Ugh, missed Greater Rift lvl20 by 10 seconds...back to the dps drawing board...or maybe a different level will give me more elites quicker with less walking

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
barely finished a GR 80 so I guess thats my wall with my WD. I bet I can push a 90with my ccrusader now with all the paragons I got while playing the WD tho.

but yeah as usual, the "push part" doesnt really interest me. Finishing a set (and by set I mean a full build set, not just the green pieces) and making T13 irrelevant / being able to do decent GRs is always where I lose interest lol.
Yo, you've been killing this game. What's your Plvl?

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
barely finished a GR 80 so I guess thats my wall with my WD. I bet I can push a 90with my ccrusader now with all the paragons I got while playing the WD tho.

but yeah as usual, the "push part" doesnt really interest me. Finishing a set (and by set I mean a full build set, not just the green pieces) and making T13 irrelevant / being able to do decent GRs is always where I lose interest lol.

For sure. I'm at that point with wizard and demon Hunter. Not sure which class to go for next. Might just wait for the next season to push another.

Iorv3th

Oct 27, 2017
For sure. I'm at that point with wizard and demon Hunter. Not sure which class to go for next. Might just wait for the next season to push another.

I can do Torment 9 with my Demon Hunter using the season set armor. Went from Torment 4 struggling a little to being able to one hit everything on it once I got it. Now I don't know what to do to level up. Just hope for better weapons/armor and rings/amulet drops?

When does the season end and a new one start?

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can do Torment 9 with my Demon Hunter using the season set armor. Went from Torment 4 struggling a little to being able to one hit everything on it once I got it. Now I don't know what to do to level up. Just hope for better weapons/armor and rings/amulet drops?

When does the season end and a new one start?

Middle December.

Try following the icy veins guides. That should take you right to t13.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
So I just finished the Rathma set dungeon and I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing yet I hit all the requirements. I got the 500 cool down and finished within the time allowed. Is there any reward for doing it since I didn't see anything happen...oh and please don't hate, but WTF is cool down anyway? Is it the time needed to replenish a skill?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So I just finished the Rathma set dungeon and I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing yet I hit all the requirements. I got the 500 cool down and finished within the time allowed. Is there any reward for doing it since I didn't see anything happen...oh and please don't hate, but WTF is cool down anyway? Is it the time needed to replenish a skill?
Mastering a set dungeon is one of the later steps to fulfill the season journey, should see it completed if you check either Guardian or the one before it looks like it's actually Champion. Congrats on doing it without really trying, I'm never that lucky... lol

Oh and yeah cooldown (cd for short) is basically how long until you can use it again.

Last edited:

chironex

Oct 27, 2017

Cooldown is the time you have to wait between using a skill and using it again. The requirements are 500 seconds of cooldown reduction, tied to the effect of the set armour which gives a chance of speeding up the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second when minions hit an enemy.

The award is just a portrait frame iirc.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah by all means, follow what SirNinja said and just give it a shot without looking anything up first. If you find anything confusing, then maybe reference the videos above. Just have fun and obviously ask here or in the discord if you have any questions, plenty here to help if you need.
the WHAT NOW?

Where the links to that shit?

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Cooldown is the time you have to wait between using a skill and using it again. The requirements are 500 seconds of cooldown reduction, tied to the effect of the set armour which gives a chance of speeding up the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second when minions hit an enemy.

The award is just a portrait frame iirc.
Word. Portrait frame. Lol. Anyway, I'm having a great time learning about how this game plays and that addictive feeling I have knowing that eventually the perfect items will drop. That formula keeps me coming back daily.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Mastering a set dungeon is one of the later steps to fulfill the season journey, should see it completed if you check either Guardian or the one before it looks like it's actually Champion. Congrats on doing it without really trying, I'm never that lucky... lol

Oh and yeah cooldown (cd for short) is basically how long until you can use it again.
Thanks. I can't believe this is my first go with this series. What was I doing? Anyway I can't get enough and I have only tried Necromancer so far. Next season it's onto something new. (=

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Picked this up on Thanksgiving during the price error. I can't believe how well this game plays and looks. It's an amazing port.

I've come from D3 on PS3 and PS4, and even the graphics aren't a huge step down, to be honest.

Been running season 15, this is actually my first time doing a season. I have chapter 3 complete. I don't think I'll have time to finish it properly though with my new job on Monday, but it's been a blast.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Been running season 15, this is actually my first time doing a season. I have chapter 3 complete. I don't think I'll have time to finish it properly though with my new job on Monday, but it's been a blast.

You can almost certainly do chapter IV of the season before mid-December. The hardest part is reaching Greater Rift 20 solo, and that isn't usually too bad, even though you only have a partial set from the seasonal reward.

Completing Chapter IV will get you the final pieces of the season set, and you'll get a ridiculous damage boost from doing so. I highly recommend finishing that part of the season at least, as you'll quickly go from struggling with Greater Rift ~25 to laughing at GR 50+.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
You can almost certainly do chapter IV of the season before mid-December. The hardest part is reaching Greater Rift 20 solo, and that isn't usually too bad, even though you only have a partial set from the seasonal reward.

I'm going to try, for sure. I'm a WD, btw. Can't get enough of the class. I'm wearing 4 pieces and haven't really tested it out yet.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I'm going to try, for sure. I'm a WD, btw. Can't get enough of the class. I'm wearing 4 pieces and haven't really tested it out yet.
Nice, WD is one of my favs too. And even with just the 4-piece bonus, the Helltooth set is quite powerful. GR 20 won't be a problem at all if you use the many skills it gives a 15x damage bonus to.

Oct 26, 2017
I am slowly getting to grips with the systems of this game. Despite being only able to play during my commute, I already racked up 30 hours. Crusader Paragon LV. 45. Did my first greater rift yesterday and even stayed in the time limit. I think I'll jump into a serious build next season as I am still exploring and experimenting with stuff. Not in the mood for obsessive min-max optimization just yet.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
So I'm not in any rush to play this game again, but I do really want it on Switch. I'm better off just waiting till I have the time to buy it right? I keep thinking about grabbing it since I missed out on the Walmart deal but the smart thing to do would probably just wait. Get it cheaper most likely.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Running my first WD ever, on hardcore, and on my initial journey to 70, currently at 38, I just got a Short Man's Finger from a random drop.
This looks... broken? Was I super lucky?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Hmm... a friend just cancelled our appointment for this afternoon... what to do...

Curses still broken right?

Geuss I'll play my Crusader or Monk

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
various of the buffed sets on the PTR if youre interested

Zunimassa looking good, I miss those little fuckers running around (the fetiches), and it still incorporates the garg with the ring (seems thats a staple in WD builds these days, at least pet builds, it sure wasnt back in my day)

edit: and more builds

Last edited:

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I have like a billion gold and nothing much to use it on.
Always empower Greater Rifts, and keep upgrading those gems. You'll want a lot of Flawless Royal gems for cubing an additional stat roll onto your armor (the "Caldesann's Despair" recipe on Kanai's Cube).

You can also try to reroll your equipment enchants so that they're as close to perfect as possible. That will eventually start costing a ton of gold, especially if you're unlucky [*raises hand*].

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

season 16 rewards. The sets are kinda disapointing, not sure what the best free one to get it tbh. Monk maybe if ulyana is good again, that exploding palm build from years ago was so fucking fun.