• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

chironex

Oct 27, 2017
Booted the game up. So seasonal character or normal character? Feel like I've heard seasonal is better.

Seasonal grants free set armour pieces on the completion of certain objectives, and is probably where most people are playing online.

Yeah the only reason I can think of is if people are frequently offline and don't want to worry about being online when they start up a session and can jump between games on the go.

Yeah pretty much. And as long as you don't close the game itself you can keep playing seasonal offline. Or if you are happy to use mobile tethering, you only need to be connected for the initial validation, not to keep playing.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Yeah pretty much. And as long as you don't close the game itself you can keep playing seasonal offline. Or if you are happy to use mobile tethering, you only need to be connected for the initial validation, not to keep playing.
I honestly never even considered that. Just make a temp wifi hotspot on my phone, boot up the game and then turn it off. Hmmm, good tip.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I spent a 4 hour flight finally getting my kanai cube stuff in order! Got a ton of legendary affixes set aside, reassigned a bunch of equipment, started getting my Set items in order, and more.

Two questions:

• Do the special gems work in jewelry for followers too? Or can I just use them on my own two rings and one amulet?
  • I got the Legacy of Nightmare rings - do I need to make sure to unequip all other matched set items to ensure it works? How do I know if it's working?

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
And finally my first Gift at Paragon 615! Was thinking it'd never drop ... now I just need a good enough ancient Yang's to use it on.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
  • Do the special gems work in jewelry for followers too? Or can I just use them on my own two rings and one amulet
Other than the Gem of Ease, I don't think so.

Speaking of which, I fucking love Gem of Ease (at level 25), it makes leveling new characters so much faster when you can slap a 4000 damage ancient weapon on them.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Spent the last couple of days getting the rest of my shadow set items for the impale build..went from dealing around 30 mil damage to 60 bil lol

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this on Black Friday. The campaign, story, dialogue and voice acting is absolute trash but the game is so much fun. I usually hate loot-based games but something about the gameplay loop in this is very satisfying. I've been mostly playing adventure mode as a wizard. I always go for the magic classes and the wizard in this is great.

Handheld mode is kind of a mixed bag, though. There's just too much going on and the characters are too small for the size of the Switch's screen. It's the only game besides Splatoon 2 that I prefer to play docked.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
So I purchased/transmorphed all the ganondorf armor and to my surprise his signature sword is missing.
really? I can buy a bloody axe or a fucking baseball bat with spikes for 50.000 each but not his sword? what the f

Also, at this point, I would pay money for an update that lets me save where and whenever I want. the random auto-quicksaves are utter trash.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I bought this on Black Friday. The campaign, story, dialogue and voice acting is absolute trash but the game is so much fun. I usually hate loot-based games but something about the gameplay loop in this is very satisfying. I've been mostly playing adventure mode as a wizard. I always go for the magic classes and the wizard in this is great.

Handheld mode is kind of a mixed bag, though. There's just too much going on and the characters are too small for the size of the Switch's screen. It's the only game besides Splatoon 2 that I prefer to play docked.

what the hell is wrong with the voice acting? what a strange complaint.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
For the numerous hours I've been playing, I've always got rid of the stuff I didn't need at a shop by selling it. I hope it's not wasting ?

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
I picked this up and have been really enjoying it on the Switch. I have been running through the story with a Necromancer on the highest Non-inferno difficulty and I feel like something is just "clicking" with me moreso then when I played this on the PS3. Not sure if I've gotten great drops yet, but I got a ring that lets me double my spawn of Skeletel Mage and a helmet that will drop whatever Gem is slotted in it whenever any other Gem drops in the game (which seems helpful in the post-game).

I am kind of unsure where I want to bring my Necromancer build, though. Currently I have been generating corpses with Flesh Golem/Skeletel Mages, and then spamming enemies with the Corpse Lance that takes health. I really am not having too much trouble making my way through Act III with this build, but I have a lot of skill slots I don't know if I am using in the most optimized manner. Any suggestions?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up and have been really enjoying it on the Switch. I have been running through the story with a Necromancer on the highest Non-inferno difficulty and I feel like something is just "clicking" with me moreso then when I played this on the PS3. Not sure if I've gotten great drops yet, but I got a ring that lets me double my spawn of Skeletel Mage and a helmet that will drop whatever Gem is slotted in it whenever any other Gem drops in the game (which seems helpful in the post-game).

I am kind of unsure where I want to bring my Necromancer build, though. Currently I have been generating corpses with Flesh Golem/Skeletel Mages, and then spamming enemies with the Corpse Lance that takes health. I really am not having too much trouble making my way through Act III with this build, but I have a lot of skill slots I don't know if I am using in the most optimized manner. Any suggestions?
Do whatever you want prior to 70, you won't find many resources for that since it doesn't really matter. All the starter build guides are labeled for "fresh 70" characters. That's when the real game starts. ;-)

When you get to that point, you'll almost certainly be switching to abilities you never even thought of using before because of how they are enhanced by items you don't yet know exist. For now just experiment and have fun learning the ins and outs of your class.

what the hell is wrong with the voice acting? what a strange complaint.
Not really... D3's meme-worthy dialogue and voice acting is legendary at this point.

Last edited:

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Do whatever you want prior to 70, you won't find many resources for that since it doesn't really matter. All the starter build guides are labeled for "fresh 70" characters. That's when the real game starts. ;-)

When you get to that point, you'll almost certainly be switching to abilities you never even thought of using before because of how they are enhanced by items you don't yet know exist. For now just experiment and have fun learning the ins and outs of your class.

Makes sense. I have been trying to finish the story before doing the bounty stuff too much, however I saw that doing Bounty's yields recipes to craft Set Gear. It sounds like those, in addition to more unique legendary drops, would fundamentally change how you play.

I guess moving forward once I'm done with the story and starting a new character for the next season, is the quest to 70 best accomplished via doing bounties instead of the storyline? It seems like the drops are much better in that mode.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. I have been trying to finish the story before doing the bounty stuff too much, however I saw that doing Bounty's yields recipes to craft Set Gear. It sounds like those, in addition to more unique legendary drops, would fundamentally change how you play.

I guess moving forward once I'm done with the story and starting a new character for the next season, is the quest to 70 best accomplished via doing bounties instead of the storyline? It seems like the drops are much better in that mode.
You can get a fresh character to 70 in 3-5 hours in adventure mode, yeah. The story is something you play once and then never again. Next season you'll want to start out in adventure mode with the rest of us. I hope to be decked out in my free seasonal set by the end of the first day!

EDIT: clarification, after you hit level 15 or so you do want to exit adventure mode and bust through act 1 story for the guaranteed Leoric's Crown drop from skeleton king. That's an invaluable leveling tool. So you'll end up playing some of the story mode again. ;-)

Last edited:

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Just beat a GR78 with roughly 40% time to spare, I feel like I've got a pretty decent build going now.
I've really run out of major improvements though. Aside from primal versions of my gear, all the major multipliers I can think of seem to be in place.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Urgh, upgraded like 15 ritual daggers and been playing Torment 8-10 but still don't have a Sacred Harvester (or a short mans finger).

Typical that I did get 4 Star Metal Kukkiris when I farmed that shit on PC for ages back in the day.

This game is addicting though.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Urgh, upgraded like 15 ritual daggers and been playing Torment 8-10 but still don't have a Sacred Harvester (or a short mans finger).

Typical that I did get 4 Star Metal Kukkiris when I farmed that shit on PC for ages back in the day.

This game is addicting though.

Sacred Harvester is a tough sob to get. I got one on one of my two witch doctor, and its no even ancient yet.l, :( ( but i got a primal Starmetal Kukri yeeee... ), helps for the dps at least :). Man i miss how i felt to be lucky on PS4 where i got a SH primal...

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Sacred Harvester is a tough sob to get. I got one on one of my two witch doctor, and its no even ancient yet.l, :( ( but i got a primal Starmetal Kukri yeeee... ), helps for the dps at least :). Man i miss how i felt to be lucky on PS4 where i got a SH primal...

Yeah I kinda feel like exploiting by grinding 2-3 rolls and the just resetting the game quickly if I don't get 1 (at least a normal one).

Ah well, at least I've got something to play for.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Right - I usually spend all of them on whatever type of equipment I need the most. I was just wondering if people have more specific strategies or if it's all the same.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Weapons and jewelry cost 75 shards to gamble, so everything but those until I get the ancient I want.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, usually you want to gamble for armor pieces. I wouldn't gamble for weapons or jewelry when/if you're really set in every other slot.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are crazy, rings are the hardest thing to get the rolls on. I've been spending 90% of my shards on rings for over 200 hours and still don't have the right rolls on my rings.

I'd spent shards on everything but armor. The armor will come in time just by playing. Rings and amulets will take serious work.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Okay I've officially made it to Act IV
Level 62 I think.

Am I able to get that cube or do I have to complete the story first ?

When are we finally going to get a port where you can play mobile with Diablo graphics and then dock with Phantasy star online style game play with the same progression.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I've officially made it to Act IV
Level 62 I think.

Am I able to get that cube or do I have to complete the story first ?
Is the cube even available in story mode? Honestly asking, I'm not sure if it is.

When are we finally going to get a port where you can play mobile with Diablo graphics and then dock with Phantasy star online style game play with the same progression.
Hopefully never!

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Replaying with the Necromancer.

Normally I played on the standard difficulty before, but now I selected the highest difficulty the game affords at the start and ... it's honestly not that different. It is a bit slow at the beginning as you build up your powers, but then smooth sailing. I do what I always do, which is to maximize damage over everything else.

Martl

Oct 30, 2017
Austria
Normally I played on the standard difficulty before, but now I selected the highest difficulty the game affords at the start and ... it's honestly not that different. It is a bit slow at the beginning as you build up your powers, but then smooth sailing. I do what I always do, which is to maximize damage over everything else.

Difficulty choices are a bit broken during leveling. New items or a level up can change the experince quite a lot. During leveling my wizard on the Switch i changed the diffculty a few times to have a smoother flow.

Last edited:

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
I thought I read that you were guaranteed a Primal item the first time you solo clear Greater Rift 70 but I still haven't seen one.

I've been coasting on WoL Sunwuko set for a while with minimal upgrades but I definitely need to figure out how to optimize because I have zero survivability against bosses and GRift Elite packs. I've tried digging into some of the guides on Icy Veins and searching for other advice but everything is pretty impenetrable to new players.

Also, I've gotten the Avarice conquest for the season. Are any of the other conquests soloable or should I tap out of the Season Journey now?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I read that you were guaranteed a Primal item the first time you solo clear Greater Rift 70 but I still haven't seen one.
That's in the season 16 patch, currently on PTR.

The guaranteed primal is on the PTR. It's for testing, not sure if it will reach the live version.
Stuff like that is pretty much guaranteed. The only things that might change are the numbers on the set buffs.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Am I doing something wrong? When I try and increase difficulty it never lets me go past XIII. Not sure what's up with that.

Last edited:

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of difficulties and different game modes :

- There are 17 difficulty levels (Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, T1 to T13)
- There are 5 different modes (story modes and all four different adventure modes)
- There are 4 different ways to play these modes (seasonal, non-seasonal, HC seasonal and HC non-seasonal)

Which means the community is splitted between 340 different combinations (not even sure if I'm forgetting some.. lol).

I feel like in a few weeks/months it will be pretty hard to find people to play with on Switch, they really need to find a way to fix this (wether it's by cross platform or removing some of the useless difficulty levels).

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
That's in the season 16 patch, currently on PTR.

Stuff like that is pretty much guaranteed. The only things that might change are the numbers on the set buffs.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Speaking of difficulties and different game modes :

- There are 17 difficulty levels (Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, T1 to T13)
- There are 5 different modes (story modes and all four different adventure modes)
- There are 4 different ways to play these modes (seasonal, non-seasonal, HC seasonal and HC non-seasonal)

Which means the community is splitted between 340 different combinations (not even sure if I'm forgetting some.. lol).

I feel like in a few weeks/months it will be pretty hard to find people to play with on Switch, they really need to find a way to fix this (whether it's by cross platform or removing some of the useless difficulty levels).

Oh wow, that's bad. I hope a decent population comes back when new seasons start. I was wondering why I found such a strong drop off in quick match games. I wonder what difficultly/mode I can find a decent population for on my seasonal character.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I am still finding lots of quick match on XIII for seasonal.

I do, too.

But sometimes I join a XIII quick match and see that 3 other people are below Paragon 200 (doesn't mean they're bad or anything, just that it might not be.. optimal), so I try to leave party and find another group and will still be matched with the same people. It's a bit annoying, especially for greater rifts.