• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, guys.

I've been thinking about getting this game now that it's on sale. So, I would like to ask, how does the game look on the switch? Does it look sharp? From the screenshots, it kinda looks a little blurry to me and I've been turned off by Warframe because it looks blurry. LOL. Thanks.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Bought the game with it being on sale. Already have it on PS4 and put a lot of time into it there but hard to resist being able to play this on the go.

Please feel free to add me, I'll be online playing.

SW-5064-7688-7401

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hi, guys.

I've been thinking about getting this game now that it's on sale. So, I would like to ask, how does the game look on the switch? Does it look sharp? From the screenshots, it kinda looks a little blurry to me and I've been turned off by Warframe because it looks blurry. LOL. Thanks.
It looks really good! By far my favorite version of the game. Definitely sharper than Warframe.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
It looks really good! By far my favorite version of the game. Definitely sharper than Warframe.

I see. Thanks for your input. Looks like I'm getting the game.

Additional question, should I start with the main campaign or jump straight to adventure mode? Are there unlockables by finishing the campaign? I've only finished the campaign on PC when vanilla launched and I didn't get the expansion. Didn't care for the story.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I see. Thanks for your input. Looks like I'm getting the game.

Additional question, should I start with the main campaign or jump straight to adventure mode? Are there unlockables by finishing the campaign? I've only finished the campaign on PC when vanilla launched and I didn't get the expansion. Didn't care for the story.

The main campaign doesn't really give you anything you couldn't get from adventure mode, so you may as well jump straight in.

Oct 28, 2017
Just dealt with Act 2's boss and I feel like Wizard is incredible easy mode, even on harder difficulties. I understand everyone says to just play Adventure but I might as well play the story as I've never done so before.

Disintegrate with the cone upgrade is absolutely incredible. Just melting everything that runs at me.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
So I got the game on sale along with the discount coins I have amassed, not bad for 25 euro. I tried to look for the answers so apologies if this has been asked before:

How do you enable couch co-op? Can I do it on a Seasonal character and can this be done in Campaign or is it Adventure only? I cannot find an option to turn this on.

With new season starting so soon, is there a point even playing season 15? What happens to the seasonal character I am playing currently?

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the game on sale along with the discount coins I have amassed, not bad for 25 euro. I tried to look for the answers so apologies if this has been asked before:

How do you enable couch co-op? Can I do it on a Seasonal character and can this be done in Campaign or is it Adventure only? I cannot find an option to turn this on.

With new season starting so soon, is there a point even playing season 15? What happens to the seasonal character I am playing currently?

Just bought the game myself too. :)

Did you mean, what happens to you're seasonal character when the season ends? I've searched around and they say that seasonal characters become non-seasonal and keep whatever items that character acquired. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Just bought the game myself too. :)

Did you mean, what happens to you're seasonal character when the season ends? I've searched around and they say that seasonal characters become non-seasonal and keep whatever items that character acquired. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

So this means it would be best to wait with making a seasonal character until January then? That is one of the things I am trying to figure out. Apart from finding the couch multiplayer option completely at a loss here.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
So this means it would be best to wait with making a seasonal character until January then? That is one of the things I am trying to figure out. Apart from finding the couch multiplayer option completely at a loss here.

IMO, I don't think there's any disadvantage in starting a seasonal character right now. You get to keep your items anyway. And if you manage to get a seasonal set, that would be a plus to me.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Yep, even if the end of the season was in 3 days, it would still be better to start a seasonal character. You lose anything in seasons, all is transferred after. You can get free stuff with the seasonal journey and everybody is there. You'll feel alone with a non seasonal character (but let's be honest, most of the crowd is at the beginning of each season).

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Yep, even if the end of the season was in 3 days, it would still be better to start a seasonal character. You lose anything in seasons, all is transferred after. You can get free stuff with the seasonal journey and everybody is there. You'll feel alone with a non seasonal character (but let's be honest, most of the crowd is at the beginning of each season).

Thanks! Will play this way. Still, I cannot find a way to start a couch coop session in this game. Am I missing something? This should not be this difficult right?

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
when you go to start a game with 2 controllers detected i think it says to hit the right button to add another player. been playing it with the wife and never had an issue with it.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Just beated the game on normal difficult.
Since is the only one available during the first playthrough, I found the game kinda easy since it was virtually impossible to die.

But, in the end, the nephalem has done the impossible.

IMG-20181208-231619-467.jpg

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since is the only one available during the first playthrough, I found the game kinda easy since it was virtually impossible to die.

Congrats. You can play on master difficulty the first time though, that's what I'm doing.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Act IV, I'm guessing that's the end of the original campaign and Act V is from the expansion? Is it worth playing or should I just go into adventure mode or seasons? I'm getting kind of bored with my Necromancer tbh.

dodob19

May 3, 2018
Finished Act IV, I'm guessing that's the end of the original campaign and Act V is from the expansion? Is it worth playing or should I just go into adventure mode or seasons? I'm getting kind of bored with my Necromancer tbh.
I enjoyed going into the houses for mini-quests in town. Getting my revenge on Adria was satisfying. And I REALLY enjoyed seeing all 3 follower's tales to an end, as well as Zei's story. All in all I'd say I liked Act V the most.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I was worried I wouldn't be in time for the season rewards because I got the game pretty late. But in hindsight... not bad for one weekend of play.

VKZ68FK.jpg

qkSKIXU.jpg

Bonus clips:

This game is so damn good!

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Any tips for Belial in act 2? Playing on master difficulty the first time and now i have a feeling to hit the first wall.
Once he starts with green sources that cover the whole ground i'm nearly instadeath.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Any tips for Belial in act 2? Playing on master difficulty the first time and now i have a feeling to hit the first wall.
Once he starts with green sources that cover the whole ground i'm nearly instadeath.
Nearly instadeath is not instagib, so that's a good start and means it's doable.
As for the green stuff... you dodge it matrix style. It helps if you have a moving attack. In my case I was using Demon Hunter's strafe, attacking while dodging. Vaulting (dash) whenever I cornered myself on the pattern to an unmarked spot. This boss took so many lives back when I played this on hardcore, hehe.

Of course, the easier way out is just lowering the difficulty. There's no shame in that. I did my leveling through the campaign and starting first on Expert and slowly upping the difficulty once I picked up a few gears with good stats.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Woo, just got my first Guardian portrait frame! This game is pretty gud, can't wait to try a different class next season.

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone have advice on how I can get my hands on the Infernal Machine plans? I have multiples of the keys but have yet to get the plans needed for the blacksmith to drop.

Tutorials have been a bust as the place I'm supposed to go to doesn't have a keywarden spawn.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Anyone have advice on how I can get my hands on the Infernal Machine plans? I have multiples of the keys but have yet to get the plans needed for the blacksmith to drop.

Tutorials have been a bust as the place I'm supposed to go to doesn't have a keywarden spawn.
You don't need those plans anymore. Just break the door in Tristram and click on the keys to open the portals.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
God. Lucky you. Havent deen that happen yet :(. On PS4 it happen e few times, but havent got the luck yet to see this on Switch :(
I got super lucky with this. Back when RoS first came out in 2014, my first-ever rift had a big goblin pack. It's all in the RNG...

My left stick is starting to mess up when pushing up, I blame you Diablo.
I'm more worried about the buttons giving out on mine, given some of my character builds and how important the skill timing is in higher grifts.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I finally got around to playing multiplayer with two other people running rifts, and the Switch just chokes. I'll be heading back to PC, sadly.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, guys. I'm kinda terrible in selecting skills (LOL) and was wondering if anyone can help me improve my skill loadout.

I use Akarat's Champion to increase my damage and to generate wrath, Shield Glare to blind enemies and to increase damage by 20%, Laws of Valor to increase attack speed and to increase critical hit damage, and Heaven's fury for additional holy damage while I spam Blessed Hammer. I use Slash with Zeal to generate wrath while Akarat's Champion is on cooldown. I currently have a two handed weapon hence Heavenly strength passive. Holy Cause passive to heal from holy damage and Long Arm of the Law to increase law duration.

Hope someone can give me advice. Thanks.

q2S1Z3d.png

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

as one who has been playing this game since PC launch and was among the first to reach Inferno (what is now called Torment) and after 3,000 or so hours, it tickles me greatly to see people experiencing it for the first time.

Time to hit those Greater Rifts, young buck. >:D

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never played this game before and thought I was hot shit because I got that Fan of Knives leggo and just spammed it to get my season set.

Then I put the season set on and it does like 50m on multishot o_O

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Me and my bro put this game on hold after that annoying 2nd boss.

Been comfortably playing on Master difficult until this part near the end of the boss where he spams explosions all over the screen.

That part is just cheap. Turn off.

We've been loving the game but that boss is just dumb. Turning down the difficulty just for this boss doesn't sound like fun either.

It's not even a challenge, it's just dumb and cheap. The only reason we stand a chance is cuz my Crusader has good healing abilities. My bro's Necromancer is a sitting duck against that part.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Me and my bro put this game on hold after that annoying 2nd boss.

Been comfortably playing on Master difficult until this part near the end of the boss where he spams explosions all over the screen.

That part is just cheap. Turn off.

We've been loving the game but that boss is just dumb. Turning down the difficulty just for this boss doesn't sound like fun either.

It's not even a challenge, it's just dumb and cheap. The only reason we stand a chance is cuz my Crusader has good healing abilities. My bro's Necromancer is a sitting duck against that part.

All those explosions are dodgable. I agree that they hit too hard, especially for something so late into the fight, but they can be avoided.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I never played this game before and thought I was hot shit because I got that Fan of Knives leggo and just spammed it to get my season set.

Then I put the season set on and it does like 50m on multishot o_O
Yeah, the season sets are all a crazy damage boost. (And next month, most of them are going to be even crazier...)

also I got teleported into a rainbow world and was attacked by teddy bears and ponies
Just another day in Diablo, lol. Those enemies can also rarely show up in Rifts as well.