• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
How? He completely covers the ground with them.

They don't all appear and go off at the same time, unless something has changed since I last fought him (a few months ago). You need to constantly move, exiting a circle as it goes off and moving into an adjacent one, etc. It takes two seconds for a ring to explode once it appears, so completely stop attacking him at this point and focus only on dodging.

If you're having trouble with the timing, wear lighting protection gear to reduce the damage from the explosions.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
They don't all appear and go off at the same time, unless something has changed since I last fought him (a few months ago). You need to constantly move, exiting a circle as it goes off and moving into an adjacent one, etc. It takes two seconds for a ring to explode once it appears, so completely stop attacking him at this point and focus only on dodging.

If you're having trouble with the timing, wear lighting protection gear to reduce the damage from the explosions.

I believe the pattern is different with two people. You know how easy it is to run into explosions meant for my brother? We could stick to different sides, and we did that, but then my bro won't benefit from the healing stuff I set up.

We will give it one more try at this difficulty and really make sure our abilities are set up for this fight, along with our armor, but after that we'll have to lower the difficulty just for this fight.

The fight is long too. It's so stupid for the boss to just spam attacks near the end. It's very annoying to the whole thing all over again if you die.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked, but would this game be enjoyable offline by myself? I picked it up as it was on sale but it seems that online coop is the preferred way to play for most.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Apologies if this has been asked, but would this game be enjoyable offline by myself? I picked it up as it was on sale but it seems that online coop is the preferred way to play for most.
Playing solo is great; you can explore every side area, rift, etc. at your own pace. Local co-op with a friend is great too.

Is it a good idea to make rare items junk if you find better items and then sell all your junk at once?
The best use for any unwanted items is to break them down into crafting mats at the blacksmith. Don't ever sell them, because money becomes absolutely trivial late-game.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Playing solo is great; you can explore every side area, rift, etc. at your own pace. Local co-op with a friend is great too.

The best use for any unwanted items is to break them down into crafting mats at the blacksmith. Don't ever sell them, because money becomes absolutely trivial late-game.

Ah good to know. Just got to level 12 so I'll make sure to stop selling them! So tempting to get rid of all the junk though.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, I managed to get the season set reward for my crusader. Now I don't know what to do with it because I have been focusing on blessed hammer with my crusader. LOL.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Even salvage the grey gear?
Absolutely. Grey/white gear salvages into unique crafting mats. Don't ever sell them; you'll only get pocket change for them, and gold is not going to be a problem late game, trust me. The crafting mats are infinitely more useful.

Whelp, I managed to get the season set reward for my crusader. Now I don't know what to do with it because I have been focusing on blessed hammer with my crusader. LOL.
If you really like Blessed Hammer, you can make a great build out of it by finding the Seeker of the Light set. In the meantime, I recommend putting your new Roland's set to work with a build that plays to its strengths. The Roland's + Shield Bash or Roland's + Sweep Attack builds are both great this season.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
If you really like Blessed Hammer, you can make a great build out of it by finding the Seeker of the Light set. In the meantime, I recommend putting your new Roland's set to work with a build that plays to its strengths. The Roland's + Shield Bash or Roland's + Sweep Attack builds are both great this season.

Yeah, I looked into the Seeker of the light set and was thinking of farming Greater Rifts for it. But, then again, that set is the season reward for the next season so I might as well make a build out of the Roland's set. Will check out those builds you linked to for ideas. Thanks.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Great port. Got necro up to 200 paragon, now playing wizard.

Any word on the music bug? (after resume/suspend multiple music tracks can play at the same time, very annoying?

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Is online dead for this? Used the 7 day trial for switch online and so far have not found a single person through quick match over the past couple days.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's about maybe 15 minutes of my patience left before I uninstall this crap.

I can't figure out how to leave a party and stop the game from inviting randoms until I actually want it to but I can't figure out how

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
I got this for Navidad and if I understood correctly, I should start with a seasonal character, even if I'm doing the campaign, correct?

Also, what stats should I focus on as a demon hunter?, lastly any good db sites I should be looking?. This is my first try at a Diablo game and it's kind of overwhelming tbh haha

sgb

Nov 1, 2017
Icy veins has builds and information on how to play them or suit them to your style.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I just picked up the Loot Goblin Amiibo today, almost missed out since I didn't know it released already.
I've never been to the Vault or whatever so that was pretty awesome.
Would using an amiibo be possible online?

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Played some 4 player single-joycon co-op this Christmas. Actually really really good fun and probably the best co-op game for gamey friends (when everything else is too casual and Nine Parchment was the 'deepest' game before Diablo 3). Not too much trouble with the controls either, except that equipping in the menu uses Analog-hold + Up-Button instead of just Right-Button confuses me, because the Right-Button alone isn't taken and that's how it works with a normal controller.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Played some 4 player single-joycon co-op this Christmas. Actually really really good fun and probably the best co-op game for gamey friends (when everything else is too casual and Nine Parchment was the 'deepest' game before Diablo 3). Not too much trouble with the controls either, except that equipping in the menu uses Analog-hold + Up-Button instead of just Right-Button confuses me, because the Right-Button alone isn't taken and that's how it works with a normal controller.

I'm going to have to get my nephew to join up over the weekend. Sounds fun on local play. Nintendo really sucks for not including a chat option

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England

I'm playing bog standard offline mode right now and enjoying it. I'm only on the basic difficulty and everything fairly matter of fact right now, but I'm not complaining. I feel like my build setup does make me fairly tough to damage. I've got a lot of health regen, a skill which is basically a crossbow machine gun from a distance, something that makes me temporarily invisible and really fast. In a nutshell, I let my tank-like templar wade into things with his sword while I sit back and belt damage out from a distance. If I do get swarmed, I have trousers that let out a massive fart that does 490% damage or something, at which point I switch to a shotgun type attack that makes me backflip away as I fire. Can't kill me if you can't get near me.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a group on here that plays/match makes like Discord? Would be fun to go through this with some peeps.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I got really busy over the holidays and never finished my Season tasks to get the full set of armor-I only got 2 pieces.

Do the rest of the pieces go into the general loot pool now or are they lost to me forever?

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I got really busy over the holidays and never finished my Season tasks to get the full set of armor-I only got 2 pieces.

Do the rest of the pieces go into the general loot pool now or are they lost to me forever?

The seasonal armor sets are always available from the general loot pool. The season journey just gives players a chance at a guaranteed, specific free one.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
There you go. Another Switch bug. Wirt Leg doesnt give Map of the Stars....Wirt Leg blue bug, seem to happen on PC too.

Yay! Blizzard strike again...

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be the most active Diablo thread so I have a noob question.

Do you have to run the campaign mode for each character before you can do adventure mode/rifts?

I picked up the game on Ps4 and leveled a character though bounties and rifts(season), but now that the season is over my only option is campaign.

I already beat the game on PC a million years ago, even being a lvl 70 and running though mobs I am still in Act 1....I'll do it if it is a one time deal and all future characters will be able to just do adventures

thx

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Seems to be the most active Diablo thread so I have a noob question.

Do you have to run the campaign mode for each character before you can do adventure mode/rifts?

Nope! On Switch, Adventure mode is open from the get-go.

There you go. Another Switch bug. Wirt Leg doesnt give Map of the Stars....Wirt Leg blue bug, seem to happen on PC too.

Yay! Blizzard strike again...
Yep :( Wirt's Leg is supposed to be a Legendary that dismantles into the Map. I hope Blizzard patches this before the event ends...

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So... I finished the campaign as a crusader (took me close to 50 hours - I really try to go to every nook, hit everything that can be hit, and generally am a very slow player). Had a really great time, I love this game.

Some questions:
1. Despite my supposedly covering everything, I haven't encountered this cube, which as I understand it is in act 3. No idea what it is supposed to do, but can I now go back to act 3 and find it without doing absolutely all of act 3, or is it now lost to me forever? Also, is it possible I got the cube and salvaged it without noticing in my haste to make space in my inventory at some point - can the cube be salvaged?

2. Near the end of act V, my inventory was full, so (as I did several times before) I jumped over to the hideout for a moment to salvage a large part of my inventory. While there I talked to one of the characters in the hideout, and went on some quest with him that resolved his story - but when i returned from that quest, the game reset the original area I came from so the map for that area was blank, where before it was almost completely mapped out. Being afraid this would happen to me with other characters in the hideout, I stopped talking to them while finishing the campaign. Having now completed the campaign, is there a way for me to return to the same stage the conversation was with the other characters, which will probably lead me to their "end of their story quests" as well? Or are these quests lost to me?
The quest I went on was for the old gem guy, finishing his story. I could also talk to (but didn't) with the blacksmith, Myriam, and the enchantress - I suspect talking to at least some of them would have also lead me to an " conclusion of their story" quest

3. I think I read somewhere that you can upgrade weapons from, say, rare to legendary (?) If so, how?

Any help would be appreciated, I know this information must be available somewhere but I am really short on time these days and if I wait too long before I find out the answers I'm afraid I may find myself already having moved on to another game, which would be a shame.

Last edited:

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
1. You can hop straight to where you want to be in adventure mode. Remember to talk to Kulle first.
2. You can set which checkpoint you want to start at in campaign mode.
3. Cube, and the recipe is in-game for that after acquiring it. However, it's a pretty late game thing to do so unless you have a very specific farming set, you only want to do it a few times with some spare materials that you have.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
1. You can hop straight to where you want to be in adventure mode. Remember to talk to Kulle first.
2. You can set which checkpoint you want to start at in campaign mode.
3. Cube, and the recipe is in-game for that after acquiring it. However, it's a pretty late game thing to do so unless you have a very specific farming set, you only want to do it a few times with some spare materials that you have.
Thanks!