• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I remember when I got D3 vanilla on launch on Mac, I had the staff pretty fast and was doing Whimsyshire a lot. I don't know why it got so hard to get.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I remember when I got D3 vanilla on launch on Mac, I had the staff pretty fast and was doing Whimsyshire a lot. I don't know why it got so hard to get.
I'm not sure the drop rates were ever tweaked for that; more likely scenario is you just got unusually lucky there. It can happen!

Chiltara's definitely the most aggravating part of that quest. There's so many consecutive RNG rolls you need to pass. You have to check six possible locations in the Fields of Slaughter to find the dungeon, hope it's the correct dungeon, hope that it has a level 2, hope Chiltara spawns there, and hope she actually drops the stone. Most of the other ingredients for the Staff boil down to just "go [here]-> check [place]".

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not sure the drop rates were ever tweaked for that; more likely scenario is you just got unusually lucky there. It can happen!

Chiltara's definitely the most aggravating part of that quest. There's so many consecutive RNG rolls you need to pass. You have to check six possible locations in the Fields of Slaughter to find the dungeon, hope it's the correct dungeon, hope that it has a level 2, hope Chiltara spawns there, and hope she actually drops the stone. Most of the other ingredients for the Staff boil down to just "go [here]-> check [place]".

Yeah, now she spawns like 80% of the time, and there's always a level two. But you have to find the cave and hope it's the right one. You can tell when it's definitely not the right one since there are a couple bounties that are for Icefall.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Created a new discord link to be posted in the OP since we've been having some bots coming in spamming. Wanted to post it here as well. Sent a msg to Tu101uk to get it updated. New season will be here sooooon!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

pets, turrets AND its one of the strongest bulds in season 16 and you get natalya's from the gift? Guess I'm going DH.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm up to like Demon Hunter Paragon 243 after a couple nights of jumping into random Torment VI rifts. So many greens.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a bug on Switch in regards to the Jewler not being able to combine certain gems? It seems that there is a gap in my Diamond tree where he can make Level 8 diamonds and level 10 diamonds, but not level 9.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Is there a bug on Switch in regards to the Jewler not being able to combine certain gems? It seems that there is a gap in my Diamond tree where he can make Level 8 diamonds and level 10 diamonds, but not level 9.
Did you teach the jeweler the recipe yet? The highest-level gems require you to find the right recipe book. Do more bounties if you don't have them unlocked.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
So how does this work? I have a rank 70 crusader, if I start with a DH for this season does the DH start from zero? And do they get all my equipment or can they take only from the stash?

If your Crusader was a seasonal character, it should be converted as a non-seasonal character by now. When you make a DH for this season, you'll start from scratch (which means you won't have any paragon level and your stash will be empty). Once the season is over, then once again your character will be converted into a non-seasonal character and all your xp will be added to the previous cumulative amout of xp you've earned.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
If your Crusader was a seasonal character, it should be converted as a non-seasonal character by now. When you make a DH for this season, you'll start from scratch (which means you won't have any paragon level and your stash will be empty). Once the season is over, then once again your character will be converted into a non-seasonal character and all your xp will be added to the previous cumulative amout of xp you've earned.
Thanks!

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
are there jewels above level 10? I swear my jeweler is level 12 but I only have level 10 even at paragon 280. I know there are legendary gems.

Also, I can't seem to get my damage up on my DH. I put all points into Life on Hit and Dex, basically. I'm doing like 1.4 million per hit but it's still taking awhile to take down enemies in Torment 5-6.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
are there jewels above level 10? I swear my jeweler is level 12 but I only have level 10 even at paragon 280. I know there are legendary gems.

Also, I can't seem to get my damage up on my DH. I put all points into Life on Hit and Dex, basically. I'm doing like 1.4 million per hit but it's still taking awhile to take down enemies in Torment 5-6.

For the gems, I think you need to train with the jeweler to unlock them (not sure though).

As for your DH, look up a DH build on DiabloFans or on Youtube and try to get the pieces of gear you need to run that particular build. Items synergy is really important in Diablo III!

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer

Flawless Royal (tier 10) gems are the highest quality of the five regular gem types. Legendary gems are a completely separate kind of gem; they only drop from Greater Rift bosses and can mostly only be socketed in jewelry.

Past a certain point, most of your damage will come from collecting Set (green) equipment. The most powerful Sets confer a ridiculous damage boost when you equip 4-6 pieces at once, and most of them are going to get even more powerful with an patch coming very soon. Once you do that, you'll be able to clear Torment 10+ without much of a problem.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Flawless Royal (tier 10) gems are the highest quality of the five regular gem types. Legendary gems are a completely separate kind of gem; they only drop from Greater Rift bosses and can mostly only be socketed in jewelry.

Past a certain point, most of your damage will come from collecting Set (green) equipment. The most powerful Sets confer a ridiculous damage boost when you equip 4-6 pieces at once, and most of them are going to get even more powerful with an patch coming very soon. Once you do that, you'll be able to clear Torment 10+ without much of a problem.

Thanks. I have like 20 legendary gems. Good to know.

I have a few complete green sets, but I guess I need to focus on the correct ones for damage.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Apologies for the double post, but the patch (2.6.4) is now out on Switch! Most of the top-tier Sets have been buffed (some of them massively), and there are now ten slots to save loadouts. Grift keystones have also been moved to the Materials tab and now no longer take up inventory space. Primal Ancient items also get a big QoL boost, with a red beam (and unique map icon) when they drop, plus you're guaranteed one the first time you clear GR70+. The full patch notes can be found here.

I kinda wish they also added Torment XIV and XV difficulty as well, because the mobs on XIII absolutely disintegrate now. Playing my Wrath of the Wastes Barbarian from last season and he's tearing through everything like tissue paper. Ah well, that's what the greater rifts are for...

sgb

Nov 1, 2017
Very weird patch implementation. Loving the updates to builds as it made some awesome combos now, BUT, the primal drop from GR70 didn't happen and I am unable to join any GRIFT in session. Not sure if these changes will come with the actual patch but it is frustrating.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies for the double post, but the patch (2.6.4) is now out on Switch! Most of the top-tier Sets have been buffed (some of them massively), and there are now ten slots to save loadouts. Grift keystones have also been moved to the Materials tab and now no longer take up inventory space. Primal Ancient items also get a big QoL boost, with a red beam (and unique map icon) when they drop, plus you're guaranteed one the first time you clear GR70+. The full patch notes can be found here.

I kinda wish they also added Torment XIV and XV difficulty as well, because the mobs on XIII absolutely disintegrate now. Playing my Wrath of the Wastes Barbarian from last season and he's tearing through everything like tissue paper. Ah well, that's what the greater rifts are for...
Did the freakin fix the necro bug?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still want to go wizard for s16, but the lackluster freebie set is making think I might choose a different class to start. Maybe barb. Idk.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I decided to take the interwebs' advice and do N6M4 build for my Demon Hunter for tomorrow. Focusing on cold damage. So far so good except I can't seem to get Natalya's Bloody Footprints or Wraps of Clarity.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

So I just jumped on today and went to Chilltara's area for the first time since the patch update. Dropped the gemstone first kill. Phew.

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about going Barb for this season, Seems to get a decent starter set to build upon, Don't want to go ranged again this season, Wanted to try monk but the set doesn't seem that great and very specific.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Went DH last season, was super fun. So this season I want to go melee or at least hybrid. BUT, then again, the Necromancer bug is now fixed, and I still haven't really played one of those properly. Hngh.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a Wizard or Demon Hunter since they revamped difficulty levels on PC. I'll likely go with one of those this season.

E: Gift for DH seems like the way to go. Maybe run that and swap to Wizard for gambling uniques.

Last edited:

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Are we 100% certain that the season will be live at 8 PM on Switch tonight?

There was a News post on my Switch saying it was live now, but I guess it went out a little early. But yeah, it's a 99% certainty.

From here:

Q: When do Seasons go live for players on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch?

A: Seasons go live for all console players globally Friday, January 18 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, regardless of which regional version of the game you may have. Please note that Seasonal Leaderboards for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch are still separate by hardware platform.

Ugh, annoying, that's 1am here in the UK.

Last edited:

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017
There was a News post on my Switch saying it was live now, but I guess it went out a little early. But yeah, it's a 99% certainty.

From here:

Q: When do Seasons go live for players on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch?

A: Seasons go live for all console players globally Friday, January 18 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, regardless of which regional version of the game you may have. Please note that Seasonal Leaderboards for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch are still separate by hardware platform.

Ugh, annoying, that's 1am here in the UK.
Man that sucks was ready to use my commute home to start the season