• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
God I'm excited to start playing.

What carries over from season to season? Also is there a new challenge rift that will start at season drop, or should I save it until after it begins?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
God I'm excited to start playing.

What carries over from season to season? Also is there a new challenge rift that will start at season drop, or should I save it until after it begins?

To my knowledge-nothing carries over. Nothing. You start completely fresh at zero. No PAragon levels or anything.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
hmmm did they do something with the difficulty settings for this season or is DH just fucking abysmal early on? I cant even kill shit on hard, let alone any higher. And forget any elite packs. Like your basic attack hits for 3... 3! what? >_>

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
hmmm did they do something with the difficulty settings for this season or is DH just fucking abysmal early on? I cant even kill shit on hard, let alone any higher. And forget any elite packs. Like your basic attack hits for 3... 3! what? >_>
I think DH is one of the worst to lvl up as a first seasonal character.

Oct 30, 2017
That's odd because I loved running DH last season. Getting her kitted out and seeing the insane DPS numbers multishot was doing was a great feeling.

Now I'm running Crusader and it's all right. Hard for me to enjoy melee combat sometimes.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
What carries over from season to season?
Season is a reset right even on paragon levels?
Yep. You start each season completely fresh - no gold, no Paragon, no items or upgrades. When the season ends, everything transfers to your non-season characters (including the characters themselves).

Yeah, Demon Hunter has a rough time of it early on. To speed things up, play on Normal until you can obtain and/or craft a full suit of blue equipment, then go up to Hard or greater. It gets better very quickly as the DH starts to unlock their full skillset.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
yeah gonna change to normal tomorow when I get back to it, I might even change to story instead of adventure tbh, at least for a while, not sure. I can't even think of THE skillyou get that changes things tbh, the turret I guess? Multishot? Like ANY sort of AOE would help >_>

Sure is a far cry from WD and Necro who have their little army super early on.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
yeah gonna change to normal tomorow when I get back to it, I might even change to story instead of adventure tbh, at least for a while, not sure. I can't even think of THE skillyou get that changes things tbh, the turret I guess? Multishot? Like ANY sort of AOE would help >_>
At level 11 you get Bolas (decent AOE regular attack despite the explosion delay) and the Withering Fire rune (reduces Hatred cost of Multishot). That will be a big break. The important thing before then is equipment. At level 8, the blacksmith can craft you a Warden Bow, which will probably be a nice damage boost unless you got lucky. Sentries are great but you won't get them until level 25, so you'll have to make do with Bolas/Grenades until then.

EDIT: Fan of Knives at level 17 is also a super-helpful early AOE skill.

Last edited:

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not the only getting his ass kicked as a DH, lol.

At level 11 you get Bolas (decent AOE regular attack despite the explosion delay) and the Withering Fire rune (reduces Hatred cost of Multishot). That will be a big break. The important thing before then is equipment. At level 8, the blacksmith can craft you a Warden Bow, which will probably be a nice damage boost unless you got lucky. Sentries are great but you won't get them until level 25, so you'll have to make do with Bolas/Grenades until then.

EDIT: Fan of Knives at level 17 is also a super-helpful early AOE skill.

Good advice, thanks.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm using my new Seasonal Wizard to also do the Darkening of Tristram event. It's pretty neat! I love the cosmetic 8-way movement, and all that classic music.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
How long does a season usually last? I just got No More Heores so I'm a bit busy playing that, but my game time overall is limited these days because of life and i dont wanna miss out...

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017
man keeping up a Massacre bonus feels impossible on the switch... Will take me some time to level up.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
How long does a season usually last? I just got No More Heores so I'm a bit busy playing that, but my game time overall is limited these days because of life and i dont wanna miss out...

From the blog about S16 and 2.6.4:

Q: When will Season 16 end?

A: We currently anticipate that Season 16 will be ending on Sunday, March 17 at 5:00 p.m. PST in North America, 5:00 p.m. CET in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia.

Q: Why is the Season end date an estimate?

A: Traditionally, we have given players two weeks' notice prior to the ending of a Season. However, we've heard the community's feedback, so going forward, we'll be providing more comprehensive Season details in the Season preview blogs. Please bear in mind that this date is an estimate and there is always a chance it may shift. While we will do our best to hit these target dates as closely as possible, we will continue to verify the Season end date at the two-week warning mark.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I think roughly a month. Also, I don't know how long they will continue but after each season there is a next one...
Edit: I was wrong, see post below this one

Last edited:

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Just posted this in Discord but I think it's worth repeating here. And I take no joy having to relay this info, just FYI for those who love to push leaderboards and play legit.

https://old.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/ahpy5n/dude_cleared_a_140_gr_solo_day_2_on_the/
lol yeah, for pretty much any "overall" online leaderboard you have to subtract the number of obvious cheaters from your position to see where you actually are. Hopefully Blizzard cares enough to intervene and clean up the rankings. If not, well, there's always the superior Friends leaderboard. :P

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Same stuff happened day one last season as well, this isn't new. I looked into it at the time, apparently there's a known Switch exploit, hacking on PS4/X1 is apparently also a thing but not nearly as prevalent/easy as it is on Switch for Seasonal play (there's tons of reports of hacked lobbies/boosting on PS4/X1 but not in Seasons?).

Still sucks, but unless you're really serious about pushing the top 1% on boards it's kinda whatever.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same stuff happened day one last season as well, this isn't new. I looked into it at the time, apparently there's a known Switch exploit, hacking on PS4/X1 is apparently also a thing but not nearly as prevalent/easy as it is on Switch for Seasonal play (there's tons of reports of hacked lobbies/boosting on PS4/X1 but not in Seasons?).

Still sucks, but unless you're really serious about pushing the top 1% on boards it's kinda whatever.
uh, there definitely wasn't anything blatant like this "day one" on Switch. On PS4 and XBO, there definitely was, but they've had hacking forever. It's a side effect of Blizz allowing offline play on the console versions. Hacking is just much easier on PS4 and XBO due to how easy it is to copy your save data directly to a thumb drive and then edit it on PC.

Switch has actually been the most "secure" console version of D3. It probably still is, even with this.

Also some of us do like pushing the leaderboards. The main reason I played on Switch was because there wasn't any hacking. Ugh.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
uh, there definitely wasn't anything blatant like this "day one" on Switch. On PS4 and XBO, there definitely was, but they've had hacking forever. It's a side effect of Blizz allowing offline play on the console versions. Hacking is just much easier on PS4 and XBO due to how easy it is to copy your save data directly to a thumb drive and then edit it on PC.

Switch has actually been the most "secure" console version of D3. It probably still is, even with this.

Also some of us do like pushing the leaderboards. The main reason I played on Switch was because there wasn't any hacking. Ugh.

Eh, a very quick search of two of the Diablo reddits within the first 1-2 weeks of the Switch launch point out the hilariously obviously hacked accounts on top of the boards already at that time (like the GR 106 DH with all primals including a weapon *with no socket* which I personally noticed and pointed out in the discord a couple weeks after launch). And I don't know what the Era policy is on linking to hacking stuff but there's been readily available tools to edit Switch saves that work for Seasonal characters since about the same time. I'm not saying it doesn't suck or anything don't get me wrong (I was top 50 on the DH solo boards for a hot minute on Switch) but it's shouldn't be a surprise sadly.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, a very quick search of two of the Diablo reddits within the first 1-2 weeks of the Switch launch point out the hilariously obviously hacked accounts on top of the boards already at that time (like the GR 106 DH with all primals including a weapon *with no socket* which I personally noticed and pointed out in the discord a couple weeks after launch). And I don't know what the Era policy is on linking to hacking stuff but there's been readily available tools to edit Switch saves that work for Seasonal characters since about the same time. I'm not saying it doesn't suck or anything don't get me wrong (I was top 50 on the DH solo boards for a hot minute on Switch) but it's shouldn't be a surprise sadly.
To be fair primal weapons don't come with a socket, though if he had full primals in every slot it's unlikely he hasn't seen a ramaladni gift drop.

This shit sucks. I'm probably not going to play anymore. Literally the only reason I started playing on Switch was because there weren't any hackers.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it sucks, but I don't think there being no cheating on Switch was ever gonna be realistic. Hell, even on PC past leaderboards have had obvious bots along with along lesser known exploits on them. NO version of this game has been clean, although it's obviously significantly worse on consoles with outright hacking stuff.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Rapid Fire really helps early on. for DH that is.
For Demon Hunter AoE while leveling try out the Chakrams. The most cost efficient and goes through enemy/object collision. Also there is an item that switches them from a Hatred spender to a Hatred earner. Rapid Fire is too resource heavy for my taste.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I just play the game to get better loot. Leaderboards were always unattainable to me due to how many nolifers there are at any given season.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
When I picked this game up on switch in Oct. I started as a Crusader. (First time Diablo player) pretty boring but I powered through the story and parts of the season.

Now I'm playing as a Wizard for the season and I'm having fun with that one, level 37 now.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
so i dont ever seem to have luck with people joining my games. Sometimes i get 1-2 but other times no one joins or i just cant find a game. Anyone else notice this too? im on season so i figured thered be more people to play with

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
so i dont ever seem to have luck with people joining my games. Sometimes i get 1-2 but other times no one joins or i just cant find a game. Anyone else notice this too? im on season so i figured thered be more people to play with

I got lucky yesterday for the first time I had 2 strangers join in my season quests on switch. We stayed together clearing bounties for a good hour or so which sucks on switch since you can't communicate. Fun with numbers.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I want the season perk, but I don't want to start all over and level all the way up just to get it, and my regular character doesn't share items with Seasonal, so I guess I might just say fuck it. I realize this is by design but it's annoying.

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017
Man having a level 70 Weapon on level 42 is great running torment 1 rifts as if it's nothing. Maybe I will get to 70 in a reasonable time. Still having issues keeping massacre bonuses running, but with leap it's way easier.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Man having a level 70 Weapon on level 42 is great running torment 1 rifts as if it's nothing. Maybe I will get to 70 in a reasonable time. Still having issues keeping massacre bonuses running, but with leap it's way easier.
How can you use a level 70 weapon when you're level 42? What am I missing? Or is this something to do with torment level (which I don't do) ?

Morzak

Oct 27, 2017
How can you use a level 70 weapon when you're level 42? What am I missing? Or is this something to do with torment level (which I don't do) ?
You can Craft a level 70 Weapon at the blacksmith, then you can reroll one of the stats to reduce level requirement (max reduction is 30) I was lucky to get reduction of 28 with the second reroll.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
You can Craft a level 70 Weapon at the blacksmith, then you can reroll one of the stats to reduce level requirement (max reduction is 30) I was lucky to get reduction of 28 with the second reroll.
Ah, thanks! I see I have been approaching the whole crafting and changing of stats from the wrong angle... That's the price of not reading up guides, don't have the time nor patience unfortunately.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Pick up friend codes on the first post or come on Discord (there is a channel where we drop friend codes). Most of them are not active but some of us still play ;-)

I don't open my party all the time but most of time anyone is welcome for rifts/bounties, feel free to join ! (sometimes I lower the difficulty to powerlevel buddies/alts too)

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I am closing in on 70 with my Wiz. Had a long weekend with stuff so didn't play as much as I wanted. Got a lucky 2h Axe craft with -28 level and went from Master to T2 for level grinding! I also had my first bovine rift. Cows everywhere! And I did a Cow King Event and gained a ton of XP. If I were grinding for drops and doing this on T13...I can't imagine the plvl gain, haha.

Should I take the season gift with Wiz or DH? I have heard the season set isn't great for Wiz and will easily be outclassed by other sets.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Paragon 715... was a good weekend hehe.

I even got two primals drop from the same rift boss guardian, those red beams are so satisfying to see! (I got crap though).

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Protip: for the first few levels, take the weapon off your follower (javelin/shield from Templar, Bow from Scoundrel, Staff from Enchantress) and equip it. It's a decent dmg boost for the first few and will make grinding to like 8 or 9 stupid fast on Expert/Master difficulty.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At level 54 on Expert with a Demon Hunter, and I just don't feel like I'm dealing enough damage per second to make this viable at a higher difficulty. I have the Bat pet to help manage my Hatred level, and I'm using Twin Chakram and the Sentry Turret as my main damage dealers. I use Evasive Fire as my generator.

What am I missing with the Demon Hunter and DPS?