• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
This season has completely reinvigorated my love for Diablo 3 again, anyone need help with the season?

Oct 31, 2017
So i finished the game with a non-seasonal character, can i use this character to play season mode? I have been just playing Adventure mode and doing bounties would i be better off just doing bounties or is it a case of i should do what ever i like.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
You can use 'rebirth' but you'll lose all your XP, a seasonal character = start from scratch (no XP, no items).

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Welp, less than five days before season 17 ends, this just happened...

Running a Jade Harvester WD but still only had a crummy regular Sacred Harvester knife up till now. Randomly went to Kadala, gambled for two one-handed items. One was a Thunderfury; the other was a freaking Primal Ancient Sacred Harvester.

I don't even want to know the odds of that. Kadala has 1 in 10 chance for legendaries; legendaries have 1 in 450 chance to be Primal, and it was the exact one-handed weapon I needed, out of all the 1H weapons in the game. (And I rolled another legendary just before it.)

I think I should go buy a lottery ticket...

Here's a before-and-after, with the new weapon fully enchanted and Ramaladni'd:

nswRl9u.jpg

Oct 31, 2017
So i am planning on starting a new char for the new season, what do i do with the jewels i get and whats the purpose of the jewel person, I feel like i have been playing it wrong in some ways (even though i guess theres no right and wrong way to play D3)

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i am planning on starting a new char for the new season, what do i do with the jewels i get and whats the purpose of the jewel person, I feel like i have been playing it wrong in some ways (even though i guess theres no right and wrong way to play D3)
Combine the jewels into stronger jewels. Jewels are really powerful, especially the one you can put in your weapon for 130% crit damage. For the other slots it depends on your build, but in chest and pants you usually want either all resist for more tankiness or your primary stat for more damage. If you're an Int class, you'll pretty much always want to put Int gems there because Int also gives all resist as well as damage.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh Zunimassa Dagger is back as a very strong / decent (not top) build AND its the gift set for WD? Guess I'll redownload for this season then, I love that build.

Oct 31, 2017
I will start a new season char today as well, just gotta sign up for Nintendo Online. I'll just on the Discord once i set everything up.

Edit: can i please get an invite to the Discord

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
When I first tried playing the game, I went Monk, but since then I've played various other games and now am thinking of going either Barbarian or Knight. Might stick with Monk again though, but I dunno they're weapons don't look interesting :P

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went Barbarian for season 18, but though I selected season mode, I must have slipped at some point and am going through campaign. Oh well, that's fine since this is my first time actually playing the campaign.

It's fine.

Cloudst69

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Sep 18, 2019
Only played D3 when it launched... is it worth playing now? Back in those days the game really disappointed me.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I just picked this up. As a big fan of Diablo 3 on PC, I had my doubts as to how well it would work with a controller. Given the auto-aim, it's really tough to target anything behind a crowd, but, overall, this is really well designed. The biggest plus, in my opinion, is just how much easier this is on my wrist since I don't have to move a mouse back and forth to kite! The UI is ingenious as well and doesn't feel much slower than with a mouse.

I'll have to play more to see how it really stacks up at higher difficulties, but, as of now, I might actually be convinced that action RPGs are better played with a controller.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Diablos I and II on PC, but I'll admit that I never gave Diablo III a shot until it landed on PS3, then I transferred on up to PS4 (where I eventually got the platinum). It plays fantastically on console. I triple-dipped for the Switch release, but admit I haven't put much time into it. But my limited play time with suggests that it holds up surprisingly well on Switch. And yes, they did a REALLY good job adapting the game to a more traditional controller. It feels fantastic to play, even though you do give up a little bit without having a mouse and kb. Not even remotely a dealbreaker though, IMO.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I loved Diablos I and II on PC, but I'll admit that I never gave Diablo III a shot until it landed on PS3, then I transferred on up to PS4 (where I eventually got the platinum). It plays fantastically on console. I triple-dipped for the Switch release, but admit I haven't put much time into it. But my limited play time with suggests that it holds up surprisingly well on Switch. And yes, they did a REALLY good job adapting the game to a more traditional controller. It feels fantastic to play, even though you do give up a little bit without having a mouse and kb. Not even remotely a dealbreaker though, IMO.
Yeah, I absolutely love this game on the Switch.

I got Vanilla D3 at launch but got bored of it quickly after beating it for the third time and with the terrible low legendary drop rates I either had to pay to buy equipment or grind.
Got it on PS4 years later and it was good, but didn't get hooked on it at all. It was like if I'm going to be sitting down in front of my TV and playing a game I want to play something newer or with a story I want to play or something.
But on Switch it was finally exactly what I wanted. Playing portably is perfect for this game as I can just pick it up and put it down whenever I want and be doing other stuff more easily while playing it.

I just started the newest season with my first time playing as the Monk. I was confused about why chickens were randomly spawning out of nowhere and ice explosions were freezing everyone on screen. But then I read the season notes and figured out what was happening, haha.
I'm a little over level 30 with the Monk but I'm not sure I like them all that much. I'm having some fun with them, I just don't feel like I've found the most fun build of abilities yet. I like sucking in all the enemies around me and doing the roundhouse kick to kill them all, but there aren't that many other skills I'm finding useful. I also seem to run out of spirit constantly. I'm sure when I get better equipment and passive skills it'll help, but I don't like the Monks basic attacks that much (that generate spirit) so it's a little annoying at the moment.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I had to play a certain amount with every class in the game for the platinum. Monk was probably my least favorite. Demon Hunter was pretty high up there, though.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So just recently got this on Switch and jumped into the latest season that is ending March 1. I am leaving February 28 for like a 26 hours of travel. Can I still pl;ay Season in Airplane mode? Even if it's past March 1st?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
So just recently got this on Switch and jumped into the latest season that is ending March 1. I am leaving February 28 for like a 26 hours of travel. Can I still pl;ay Season in Airplane mode? Even if it's past March 1st?
You have to be online to play seasonal characters, I think. The game runs a periodic online checkup at the very very least.

The good news is you can easily get at least Chapters I though IV done on the season before you leave on the 28th, to get that full item set. On March 1, the set (and everything else you obtained) will transfer over to non-season and give those characters a nice boost.

chironex

Oct 27, 2017

Ok! Yes you can play seasonal in airplane mode with some caveats!

You have to be online to play seasonal characters, I think. The game runs a periodic online checkup at the very very least.

Actually the check is only performed when you load a game. I play it like this all the time:

* Load the game somewhere that you have internet access, load in to your seasonal character
* You can now disconnect from the internet and play that game. If the switch is put to sleep mode and turned back on later, you can continue playing the seasonal character no problem! Just don't quit diablo!
* However, if you want to change difficulty, that requires exiting the game back to the main menu. Once you have done that you need a connection to continue into the game. Like before, once in the game you can disconnect.
* Same if you want to play something else, to go back to Diablo you'll need a connection. So basically if all you want to play is Diablo, and you are happy to stick on whatever difficulty, then yes. I know I played six or seven hours of it on a flight last year. Regarding the end of the season, no guarantee but AFAIK it will continue for you until you reconnect to the servers.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ok! Yes you can play seasonal in airplane mode with some caveats!

Actually the check is only performed when you load a game. I play it like this all the time:

* Load the game somewhere that you have internet access, load in to your seasonal character
* You can now disconnect from the internet and play that game. If the switch is put to sleep mode and turned back on later, you can continue playing the seasonal character no problem! Just don't quit diablo!
* However, if you want to change difficulty, that requires exiting the game back to the main menu. Once you have done that you need a connection to continue into the game. Like before, once in the game you can disconnect.
* Same if you want to play something else, to go back to Diablo you'll need a connection. So basically if all you want to play is Diablo, and you are happy to stick on whatever difficulty, then yes. I know I played six or seven hours of it on a flight last year. Regarding the end of the season, no guarantee but AFAIK it will continue for you until you reconnect to the servers.
THANK YOU! Really appreciate it.

Mars89

Banned
Nov 18, 2018
I've never played a Diablo game in my life but picked this up on the switch as its on saleand I have nothing but time atm. Is anyone else playing this still or am I alone? I would like to add some peeps to play online with as I'm having a blast with it 👍🏾

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a Diablo game in my life but picked this up on the switch as its on saleand I have nothing but time atm. Is anyone else playing this still or am I alone? I would like to add some peeps to play online with as I'm having a blast with it 👍🏾

Feel free to add me.

SW-4581-9778-5298

And yes, it is a great game!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I get the itch to play this game like once a year and I've been back in it the past couple weeks. Such a good time killer.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Made a thread for these but in case ppl dont see it, free wings right now for logging in to the game and starting a new session.

OyyGHsf.jpg

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Season 21 just started up and...wow, that was the single easiest "challenge" rift they've ever offered. Just one-shot everything in sight (including the boss!) with Disintegrate and you're done. Cleared it with nearly 3:00 to spare. How this took a Paragon 1000+ wizard over five minutes to complete will remain a mystery.

Going Monk this time around as A) it's probably my least-played class, and B) heard some really good things about the Sunwuko set.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm new to the game and dig it a lot. Question about bounties though. When do they reset? And is their any purpose to doing one act's bounties over another aside from just completing them all before reset?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
So I'm new to the game and dig it a lot. Question about bounties though. When do they reset? And is their any purpose to doing one act's bounties over another aside from just completing them all before reset?
Bounties aren't weekly/daily or anything like that. They reset when you leave your current game and start up a new one. I wish there was a way to refresh them in-game, but alas.

Doing all five bounties in any act will give you a cache with (among other things) crafting materials you can only get from that chest. Each act gives a different material. They're used for things like extracting legendary powers in Kanai's Cube, as well as crafting certain legendaries at the blacksmith.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bounties aren't weekly/daily or anything like that. They reset when you leave your current game and start up a new one. I wish there was a way to refresh them in-game, but alas.

Doing all five bounties in any act will give you a cache with (among other things) crafting materials you can only get from that chest. Each act gives a different material. They're used for things like extracting legendary powers in Kanai's Cube, as well as crafting certain legendaries at the blacksmith.

Got it. So I guess it's worth it to complete all in each act? Rather than like just doing act 5 or something and resetting right?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Got it. So I guess it's worth it to complete all in each act? Rather than like just doing act 5 or something and resetting right?
In general, yeah, unless you just need 1-2 particular materials, like for instance if you crafted a legendary that required only 2 specific mats.

I also forgot to mention: the weekly Challenge Rift rewards also give you 15 of each mat, plus a lot of other nice things, so don't forget those, especially if they're as hilariously easy as last week's.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In general, yeah, unless you just need 1-2 particular materials, like for instance if you crafted a legendary that required only 2 specific mats.

I also forgot to mention: the weekly Challenge Rift rewards also give you 15 of each mat, plus a lot of other nice things, so don't forget those, especially if they're as hilariously easy as last week's.

Thanks! I'm still a little confused on the rifts stuff. I've only done the initial rift, confused about keystones and all that. But I'll get there. I'm guessing the little rift "menu" is a history of previous rifts?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Thanks! I'm still a little confused on the rifts stuff. I've only done the initial rift, confused about keystones and all that. But I'll get there. I'm guessing the little rift "menu" is a history of previous rifts?
Not quite. Basically there's two types of rifts: Nephalem (regular) and Greater. Regular rifts are just a random dungeon; they're free to open and you can play through as many as you like. Rift bosses drop keys that let you enter Greater Rifts (GRs).

Greater Rifts are like regular rifts but with a few differences:
  • They each have a specific difficulty that overrides whatever difficulty you're on. This is denoted by their number. Greater Rift 1 is the easiest, equivalent to Hard difficulty; GR75 is equivalent to the highest difficulty. GRs go all the way up to 150, so they're a great way to gauge your progress.
  • GRs have a soft time limit of 15 minutes; kill the boss before then to successfully clear them. If you go over 15, you can still complete it, but it won't count as a clear.
    • Deaths in GRs also add seconds to the timer if you choose to res at your corpse.
  • There are no chests in GRs, and no gold or items drop from enemies (to let you focus on clearing the time limit). The boss, however, drops a ton of loot. They crucially also drop Legendary Gems, which are key to a lot of builds. LGs can mostly only be socketed into rings and amulets.
  • A character named Urshi will show up after killing the boss; she helps you by leveling up your legendary gems. You get three chances to level a gem; they can fail if the GR level was too low relative to the gem's level.
    • You get a bonus try if you cleared the rift without dying, and another if you Empowered the rift beforehand. Empowering costs a lot of gold, but you'll eventually have a ton of it as you go deeper into the endgame.
GRs are a great source of XP as well, especially since they scale beyond the highest difficulty. If you want tons of Paragon levels, GRs are the place to go.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite. Basically there's two types of rifts: Nephalem (regular) and Greater. Regular rifts are just a random dungeon; they're free to open and you can play through as many as you like. Rift bosses drop keys that let you enter Greater Rifts (GRs).

Greater Rifts are like regular rifts but with a few differences:
  • They each have a specific difficulty that overrides whatever difficulty you're on. This is denoted by their number. Greater Rift 1 is the easiest, equivalent to Hard difficulty; GR75 is equivalent to the highest difficulty. GRs go all the way up to 150, so they're a great way to gauge your progress.
  • GRs have a soft time limit of 15 minutes; kill the boss before then to successfully clear them. If you go over 15, you can still complete it, but it won't count as a clear.
    • Deaths in GRs also add seconds to the timer if you choose to res at your corpse.
  • There are no chests in GRs, and no gold or items drop from enemies (to let you focus on clearing the time limit). The boss, however, drops a ton of loot. They crucially also drop Legendary Gems, which are key to a lot of builds. LGs can mostly only be socketed into rings and amulets.
  • A character named Urshi will show up after killing the boss; she helps you by leveling up your legendary gems. You get three chances to level a gem; they can fail if the GR level was too low relative to the gem's level.
    • You get a bonus try if you cleared the rift without dying, and another if you Empowered the rift beforehand. Empowering costs a lot of gold, but you'll eventually have a ton of it as you go deeper into the endgame.
GRs are a great source of XP as well, especially since they scale beyond the highest difficulty. If you want tons of Paragon levels, GRs are the place to go.

Radicallllll thanks for the super detailed info! I think I've got a good grip on things now.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anywhere in-game to see when a season is ending? Maybe I'm dumb but I can't find it anywhere

Also is there any reason to kill bosses not associated with bounties in adventures? Besides I guess potential drops? I assume they have a higher chance of dropping better items.

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't, unfortunately. I'd really like to see a "___ days left in season n" notice replace the near-useless "Season n in progress" text on the main menu.

Yeah like what the hell...how do they miss that? I just looked up that they last about 3 months...so I guess I got around 2 more months then.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having the hardest time hearing when Nemesis is about to arrive. All I know is I get one shot, and then I see him escaping through his portal.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
Turn on the rumble and you can feel it get stronger and rumble more often when nemesis arrives.