• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Question from a Diablo noob: does this game get harder? I started on the middle difficulty (I think one up from default?) and changed it to the second highest and I'm still basically just holding down the standard attack button through hordes of enemies and bosses, tossing out my other abilities as they refresh. I had my first boss last night where I actually needed to back off for a brief moment because my health went down to maybe 50% following a big attack. I'm not complaining - I'm having fun just laying demons to waste, collecting loot and leveling but could use just a smidge of a sense of danger to make it more fun.

The last boss was a big skeleton dude sitting on a throne in the crypt (Act I) that you fight after putting a crown on him so I'm still early in the game.
From level 1-70 it's as hard as you want to make it, but Diablo is one of those games where you're only pumping up monster HP + DMG in return for more XP + Loot. Things don't start getting stressful until you're at the very end game praying for good drops and pushing high level Greater Rifts that can be up to the equivalent of Torment 25.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I felt was missing from last patch and I hope they still add is Torment XIV-XV, maybe even a few more. Good builds can easily speedfarm up to that level (and potentially more) now. My bell build can still pretty much one-shot or two-shot elites on GR70-75.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Did you look at the difficulty screen? There's like 18 more difficulty levels up from where you are. But the game doesn't really begin until level cap. I recommend putting it at a level where you're still killing things quickly but maybe not one-shotting everything. Speed is most important when leveling.
Lol did I just not notice you could scroll over for more? Whoops. I'll check it out tonight and try upping it a bit. Especially since i'll get more XP as a reward. I'm not one shorting most stuff but 2-4 shorting most of the little scrub minion skeletons and stuff.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Every season I say that Im actually gonna do it in order to get more stash tabs but everytime I just stick with my NS Demon Hunter :x

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Question from a Diablo noob: does this game get harder? I started on the middle difficulty (I think one up from default?) and changed it to the second highest and I'm still basically just holding down the standard attack button through hordes of enemies and bosses, tossing out my other abilities as they refresh. I had my first boss last night where I actually needed to back off for a brief moment because my health went down to maybe 50% following a big attack. I'm not complaining - I'm having fun just laying demons to waste, collecting loot and leveling but could use just a smidge of a sense of danger to make it more fun.

The last boss was a big skeleton dude sitting on a throne in the crypt (Act I) that you fight after putting a crown on him so I'm still early in the game.

If you don't mind dying, turn up the difficulty as far as the game will let you and start adjusting downward until you find a play speed you like. It kinda comes down to your preference of clearing speed vs the challenge of staying alive. For your first playthrough the game restricts a bunch of the difficulties so even the top ones aren't too bad once you get a bit of gear.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I got to Lv.25 in a couple of hours with the Barbarian playing solo and had issues only at the start. I'm mowing shit up and down at Expert.

Gotta clear Lv.70 to unlock the higher ones though. :(

Locke Lamora

Nov 7, 2017
Finally got home with fast internet and went for a Sunwuko Build instead of Uliana. It's so much more effective with the kind of items I have atm. Cleared Grift60 instantly and unlocked T13. Finally....

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Sunwuko build is insane much more fun than uliana. Did a GR80 with ease, i'm stunned how much they buffed this set along with the items.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Am I better off doing level ~75 Grifts or level ~60 Grifts if all I want is farm forgotten souls fast? Is there much of a difference between the amount of stuff you get from the guardian at the end?

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
mfw I upgrade rare bows in order to get a primal yang's and get a primal kridershot instead :x

Akumasama

Nov 8, 2017
Italy
Who do I ask for an invite on the EU "ERA" clan? :o
Also I'm looking for suggestions on which class/build to try next.
I'm looking for something that's straightforward to play, that works moderately well solo and in PUG groups. Doesn't have to be something that pushes beyond GR80, as long as it's simple, fast and fun to play.

Classes I've tested so far:
Monk Inna 6pcs Exploding Palm/Mystic Ally
Was back in Season 6? Loved it thoroughfully, truly! My issue was a lot of times people were faster than me, killing stuff too fast, and Exploding Plam doesn't really shine unless there's lot of trash around to exploit. Same reason why it sucks on single targets/bosses without adds.

Crusader Blessed Hammer build
Uhm wasn't really very effective, dunno, found it boring. This was in season 6 too

Wizard Archon starter 6 pieces build
Took so many "vital" pieces for it to work, but it's lots of fun.
My problem is people kill stuff too fast/moves too fast, I struggle generating the 20 stacks before re-entering Archon. Also annoying when you start Archon and there's not enough stuff around for you to build Archon stacks high enough.
Damage isn't stellar either once you start pushing past like, 60/70 in GR. It's fine up to Torment13.
Tested other "mixed" TalRasha/Vyr builds. Damage is higher and survivability too, but it becomes too complicated to handle and I don't like the having to build Tal Rasha bonus before archon for 6 seconds only.

Wizard Frozen Orb builds
Tried several different versions too.
A very simple one that I use for more relaxed farming, with the Helm that gives you all Slow Time effects, Royal Grandeur and 5x DMO pieces. Love it! But of course it doesn't deliver when the difficulty spikes up.

For that I'm trying to use the Icy Veins' DMO Frozen Orb build, I managed to solo GR80 with it, struggling a bit. It's really effective but again in groups you have issues with people moving too fast, also despite having so many defensive things, appearently it's not enough to grant survivability good enough on GR80+.
Last but not least, it's somewhat complex to use. Using autocast on Explosive Blast made it much easier, but it still requires a lot of things... building stacks of Expl close, then Black Hole bonus, then carefully placing the Slow Time, then staying far for the rest. I dunno, it's complex, by the time you've done all of that either you're dead, your buffs are expiring or everybody else moved forward. It sorta works solo, with a slow playstyle, but it doesn't work very well in groups, most time I feel like I get carried instead of really contributing.

Witchdoctor Hellguard Gargantuan build
Missing so much gear for this, especially a decent weapon. Despite that I'm liking the style. Stay behind placing Wall Of Death/Piranhas and carefully planning your Soul Harvest.
Need more gear and haven't tried this past Torment IX or something, but I'm enjoying it a lot so far

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
If you go Monk go Sunwuko Bells build, it is more fun and insane than uliana and stronger than Inna, they have changed a lot since season 6.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Who do I ask for an invite on the EU "ERA" clan? :o

Throw me your battletag like "Name#XXXX" and I'll get right on that. Tough I'd temper my expectations about group play within the clan - as is the norm, most people are done for the season already. I'd be more active, but real life is keeping some tabs on that these days.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question, is anyone helping out noobs with power leveling?

Or at least how do you guys do this? I want to rank up a Demon Hunter a few levels for this season, felt like doing it but it's gonna take me several days to accomplish.

Throw me your battletag like "Name#XXXX" and I'll get right on that. Tough I'd temper my expectations about group play within the clan - as is the norm, most people are done for the season already. I'd be more active, but real life is keeping some tabs on that these days.
Oh shit, NVM then.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys. I've been playing a bit this season. Doing a HC character for the first time. I requested a clan invite.

Mostly I've been playing solo to become familiar with stuff that has been added in the last couple of years. Currently at 86 paragon just cruising along on my wizard.

I'd be down to tag along with anyone doing HC stuff. I just completed the season journey so I am trying to accommodate the set in to my build. I've got lucky with rings from drops. I have Conviction, Obsidian Ring and Manald Heal cubed.

Is the 6 piece Vyrs worth it or should I stick with Swami and just worry about the 4 piece. The rolls on the Vyr helm aren't that great so I was just gonna stick with Swami but I didn't know how important the 6 piece was, I've played a few wizards but never really messed with archon. It isn't my favorite play style.

Akumasama

Nov 8, 2017
Italy
Zhronne#1516 (europe) and thanks! Pretty much done with the season myself I guess. Would need a third conquest but that's not happening.
Still there's gonna be more seasons so I'd rather get in the clan sooner than later.

Thanks once more!

Akumasama

Nov 8, 2017
Italy
Is the 6 piece Vyrs worth it or should I stick with Swami and just worry about the 4 piece. The rolls on the Vyr helm aren't that great so I was just gonna stick with Swami but I didn't know how important the 6 piece was, I've played a few wizards but never really messed with archon. It isn't my favorite play style.
Not sure if being HC changes anything in your perspective, regardless I can add my pov since I've been messing around with Wizard a lot this season.
I found Archon Vyr build boring at start, because I was too strong during Archon and too weak without, it was hard to balance my gameplay.
Things change a lot once you couple the 6 pieces set with some "key" items:
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac => Without this your time outside of Archon will be too long
Swami => You need to keep those charges after Archon is gone

Those are vital. I might also add 3 more interesting pieces for this build
Chantodo set (2 pieces) => Really synergizes a lot with this specific build
Fazula's Improbable Chain => Helps you become stronger faster when you switch to Archon

Once you have that your time out of Archon will be max 20 seconds, and in those seconds you gonna be empowered by the Archon stacks you built before.
It's a flashy, fast, fun playstyle.
Granted it's not very effective when you start pushing too high on GR, but if you're just Paragon 86 I think it should carry you just fine for the time being!

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Necromancer continues to be insane. Things just die with little effort. You just walk around cursing things and then your minion zerg takes care of them for you. Mental.

Akumasama

Nov 8, 2017
Italy
Man, I need to try Necromancer. Guess I will next season ;)

One thing I didn't like of all the Wizard builds I tried is that for the GR70+ ones, they ALL rely on Explosive Blast and Orb of Infinite Depths.
You need to keep those 4 stacks up to deal decent damage and survive. Even with auto-cast it's super annoying because the stacks only last 6 seconds and you need to get close (the range is really small) for them to build up.
This constant "get close for stacks > position far for max damage" is a very annoying playstyle and while it works moderately well when you're solo, it's a pain when you're in a group and everybody is dashing forward at insane speeds.
Things get even worse when you think that a lot of builds also rely on keeping up the Tal Rasha 4 elements set bonus.

Builds without this Explosive Blast stacking element are much more fun to play but they have limited power when you start going up in difficulty, it's a shame honestly, but that's just my point of view, I guess other people might like this style.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
20171207194614_1.jpg

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Made a random Barbarian just to mess around the rest of the season til I take the game off the PC for the holiday game grind. Really enjoyed this play session, game really clicked for me this time!

Oct 29, 2017
Farming low 90s on my seasonal atm. Have 13 level 91-92 gems sitting in the stash slowly leveling. Looking at numbers I think my augmented Uliana will crap out at 97. I just want to get 100 in a season with the EP build.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
When does the Darkening of Tristram event start? If my calculations are right, its already Monday, January 1st 2018 5:06AM in US Pacific at the time of this writing, and the event is not here.

Oct 29, 2017
Fishing for a 98 solo for my Uliana. I think 99 is doable with some fat mobs and good pylon placement. About 20 paragon from 1000. I don't even bother with elites anymore unless they are by a conduit.

Public matchmaking for GRs is terrible now. Everyone is clumping up at XIII.

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
Got this on Xbox today.

1) Wooo 4k without microstutter I had on PC is freaking great
2) Hold up, did the PC version have a dodge roll this whole time and I didn't know? lol
3) This is even easier than PC. Gonna have to crank the difficulty for reeeal.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
How do I join that Darkening of Tristram thing? Do I have to clear the campaign, is it in Adventure Mode? I'm lost.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Started playing the Necromancer, after not having touched Diablo 3 on the PS4 for over a year, and it sort of feels... boring. It's very much like the witch doctor I'd say. doesn't feel like there's any "oomph" in any of the abilities. I've played through all classes before, up to 70, and done some Adventure mode with all (mostly with my Demon Hunter though), and witch doctor was the one I liked least, and the Necromancer is giving it a run for it's money.

Maybe I'm just not playing the class right? I've got Command Skeleton with Frenzy, Skeletal Archers, Corpse explosion and The curse that gives 15% damage from minions, Bone spikes as Essence Generator, and Bone Armor.
I mean, I'm doing Torment difficulty, and things die, but there just isn't any real "feedback", as there is with Demon Hunter, crusader, Wizard, or any class really.

Edit: they've changed legendary crafting materials at level 70? I don't recall needing anything special for them.

Edit2: or maybe I never crafted anything, just went with the legendary drops from rifts and bounties... hmm, it's been a very long time since I played.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
^ Kinda understand what you mean. I played Necro only in the weekly challenge thing since it did not appeal to me to buy it. But I had a hard time realizing my abilities were hitting stuff and what not, they kinda just died and exploded sometimes lol.

Recall

Oct 27, 2017
Do we still have a PS4 community?

Currently grinding out rifts trying to complete my Vyr Wizard set.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Season 12 is about to end pretty soon...

As for the important dates:
Season 12 will end on the following dates:

North America: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Sunday, February 11 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 13 will begin about two weeks afterward on the dates below:

North America: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, February 23 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Thx for the dates !
I really don't know if I'll do the S13. I rushed this season because I feared to not finish in time for another game and cleared all way too quickly... And got bored. I'm sorry I left so quickly I didn't even take time to get to know each other better.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Too many other games right now probably for me to bother with season 13 unless the new cosmetic rewards are very compelling. And I'm pretty sure I finally got the last stash tab in S12, so that's not a carrot anymore.

The classes and gameplay systems are definitely worn out at this point. I'm ready for something fresh -- maybe they'll finally announce something for the Diablo franchise at Blizzcon (or maybe earlier?) Cause D3 is officially "dead" with no Battle for Azeroth deluxe bonus for it.

Also of potential interest: Blizzard is hiring a Senuir Software Engineer in Gameplay and Vehicles for an unannounced project (in a first-person engine). That's definitely not Diablo related.

Oct 29, 2017
I love me some FPS looter shooters. I could dig a melee one.

Also, there appears to be a double gob event in Asia/EU atm. Maybe it will open up for US as well.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap, S12 begins this week! I still need to clear my mail and sort my S11 stuff.

Need to look at the cosmetics for S12 to see if I'm going to bother playing or sit this one out...