• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Actually... this is S13 coming up : D .

Yeah that's what I meant, lol.

The S13 portrait looks kinda neat, and that bloody pet teddy bear is unusual. Was hoping for a new set of wings though, oh well.

Not sure which class I'll play this season. I enjoyed refreshing my wizard in S12, I need to look at all of my characters and pick the one who is geared the worst. It will probably be either my witch doctor or my demon hunter. Though I'd kinda like to refresh my Crusader as he's all geared out for a thorns build and I'd like to build up a hammer outfit for him.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Probably will skip the beginning at least of this one. Bogged down with Monster Hunter, Yakuza Kiwami, and World of Final Fantasy currently.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got back into this on PS4 recently and I think I'm enjoying it more now that I did back then.
That being said -
getting cosmetics in this game is a pain in the ass. I just want some pets.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
I have failed! This is no way to live up to my epithet in the clan. So! Season 13 is just about upon us - I have missed my chance to generate hype, but I will not be missing out the show.

For all those of you who want to get into the ring again, you know where to find me!! See you in the evening, folks.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
I'll probably play, at least for the weekend and maybe into next week. Not much to get excited about unfortunately.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry friends, can't make it this season either. Not just because there isn't much new this time around, but because I wanna focus on other things for the foreseeable future. I'll be there in spirit though (and in the thread) :D.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I probably won't spend a lot of time on this Season either.

Gonna try doing a Necro this time since it's the only class I haven't ran a Season on yet.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Dinged 70, that'll do for the night. I'd have been further along, but I was running with a friend who's not quite up to par in terms of efficiency, nor does it help that I parked my char when he took a 2 hour break. That aside, I doubt I'd have put in the effort anyway. 13 seasons in, I don't see myself forcing a full set and 200 Paragon in the first evening.
But I'll get the season journey done, no rush there. D3 is just the kinda game to kick back when you got some time to spare.

koji

Oct 28, 2017
Ah man, PM'ed a guy called Dunfish couple weeks ago to sort out the invites... GG. DunfisCh.

Dun, I PM'ed some tags man, Lorelin and Cynic want in as well.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
lol

Died at 66 on my seasonal HC crusader in an unfortunate incident. After like 3.5 hours of play. Feels bad man.

I think that's the first HC character I've EVER lost too. Not that I've played much HC in the past outside of last season.

Oct 29, 2017
There are so many matchmaking issues right now. Often can't join, or only 2 players max, and twice I have been put in the wrong difficulty.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
I'm way too into Monster Hunter World for my lootfix at the moment.

I hope that there will be some sort of incentive to play some more diablo 3 in the near future, at this point it just feels like I'm on a bit too obvious a hamster wheel.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to T6/T7 or so on my HC seasonal Sader.

Which is about the mid 500s on the leaderboard, lol.

Still trying to gather stuff for the sweet condemn build, but it's slow going getting stuff at this torment level. But if you push too high too fast, it's easy to die.

The thorns build is really weird though cause the sheet damage means absolutely nothing. I have no idea how powerful I actually am right now.

Oct 29, 2017
There are apparently major optimization issues in higher GRs with the new patch. But there was no new content so no one played the PTR. I am guessing the downtime tomorrow is addressing some of it.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
There are apparently major optimization issues in higher GRs with the new patch. But there was no new content so no one played the PTR. I am guessing the downtime tomorrow is addressing some of it.

There's a whole bunch of broken stuff this season - the Curses conquest won't count towards the season journey, matchmaking refuses to work beyond 2 man parties, and general performance issues. It's pretty much guaranteed all of that happens due to their changes to how game information is stored in RAM. Apparently they went and added heavier encryption to all the data, which is also re-encrypted periodically. The bottom line of that is that most cheats and stuff like maphacks / overlays, etc. got killed off... with the side effect of breaking some parts of the game.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
There's a whole bunch of broken stuff this season - the Curses conquest won't count towards the season journey, matchmaking refuses to work beyond 2 man parties, and general performance issues. It's pretty much guaranteed all of that happens due to their changes to how game information is stored in RAM. Apparently they went and added heavier encryption to all the data, which is also re-encrypted periodically. The bottom line of that is that most cheats and stuff like maphacks / overlays, etc. got killed off... with the side effect of breaking some parts of the game.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed some stuff messing up like the matchmaking and other random stuff (like I couldn't see Achievements or the Season Journey tab).

I did read about the encryption though as they were trying to combat the maphacks/overlays/botting.

It really seems to have messed up quite a few things as a result.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played yet but I am looking to start soon, good to know I should just wait.

If they stop botting finally seems like a good change though.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I decided to play this season. I played a day or so when the Necro came out but I'm really putting in the effort this season.

I've never played a wizard so I fired one up. I'm having a blast (pun?) so far. I really enjoy the AOE type gameplay so meteor is right up my ally. I've gotten lucky with my drops so far and it's complimented my playstyle nicely. I'm only at paragon 190 or so, so I have a long way to go.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so is "proper" pet focused Necro viable this season or not so much? or Witch Doctor for that matter.I just want to have pets :(

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A minor patch came out - 2.6.1a
"This is a small patch to address a number of hotfixes, string corrections, and minor bug fixes to Patch 2.6.1"

Hopefully it helps with those issues.

I made it to around p650 on a fire bell monk. I might chip away a bit more, but I usually move on once I get into the slower pace in the higher GRs.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
I did GR70 which is top 300 HC Crusader on NA.

Still a lot of room for the build to grow too - hardly have gems leveled, terrible amulet and rings, only a couple ancients. Haven't gotten a gift either, so that'd help a lot on my ancient Furnace. Problem with that weapon despite being ancient is a low roll of 41% out of 50% possible on the elite damage.

The fun thing is making sure I have contingency plan in case I die. I've got a speed build, but it's also Akkhan's set and uses many of the same pieces. If nothing else, I can transition back to thorns build if I died and lost a bunch of gear, or something else - I tend to keep most of the set pieces.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, missed that there was a new season already. Didn't play past the first couple weeks of last season though, and am still working through Monster Hunter right now so... maybe skipping this one? Doesn't look like much new going on.

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
What is even the point of new Seasons? I'm going through with a crusader right now and I dont feel like redoing the missions over and over. Should I even bother? Whats the tl;dr?

vicoakland

Nov 28, 2017
My wife and I play co-op and have steadily and slowly gotten to GR70+ over the last year.

We just FAILED GR75 in this new patch, lol. It's hilarious to start the rift and not even progress from the entrance. She just switched her Demon Hunter build to Natalya's w / Reign of Vengeance...and I'm Crusader Shield Bash/Glare...so maybe we aren't set up ideally.

Maybe some of the enemies are more potent?

I mean, I've never had my equipment go broken RED before. I'm assuming that's worse than yellow. lol.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
What is even the point of new Seasons? I'm going through with a crusader right now and I dont feel like redoing the missions over and over. Should I even bother? Whats the tl;dr?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the campaign as "missions"?

Because people do NOT play the campaign, they play in adventure mode, which is basically free-form grinding.

The point of seasons is to have a fresh start every now and again to relive the fun of building up a character from scratch. The chase for gear in D3 lasts about 2-3 weeks tops to get 90-95% efficient gear anyway. If you don't have seasons, there's really no reason to play as everyone eventually ends up with as close to perfect gear as possible. And if everyone has perfect gear, there's no competition, no reason to play the game. Past a point, you can't actually get any better gear, you can only upgrade gems and increase paragon levels. Seasons remedy this to an extent by putting a time constraint on it all.

For some, even this isn't enough, and I've switched to doing hardcore seasons for even more "thrill". The higher you push on greater rift leaderboards, the greater chance the chance of dying and losing all your best gear. So it's an extra element of a balancing act.

Even still, Diablo 3 can't hold my attention for more than a few weeks. Just gets repetitive with minimal progress being made on your character. Situation where you spend 90% of the effort for 10% of the gains. Extrapolated, when you get to that point, it's not fun anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh I'm getting screwed on ring drops this season. Over 20 hours and almost plvl 400 and still no convention, manalds heal, zodiac, RoRG, or restraint.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh I'm getting screwed on ring drops this season. Over 20 hours and almost plvl 400 and still no convention, manalds heal, zodiac, RoRG, or restraint.

Tried to reply to this before, but it got munched by maintenance or something.

Anyway, RoRG is only from Act 1 (or 4) bounty caches if you didn't know.

Sucks about the other rings though :(

Oh and I don't think I mentioned it here, but I lost my 30+ hour HC crusader this season. Didn't lose TOO much in terms of pushing gear, but the lesson is that speed builds that rely on goldwrap for survivability are NOT SAFE.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm aware lol, I must have cleared act 1 bounties about 20 times so far, no ring guhhh.
Lmao sorry to hear about your sader but at least you learned something :P

Yeah I'm trying to gear up a more disposable character (in theory another sader might be easiest, but I have a Necro at the moment) to do speeds with DB farm gear on. Once you have the taste of like 50 DB in one or two rifts, it's hard to go back. lol.

But I'm kinda slowing down on the season, even not having progressed as far as I'd normally go. So many other things to play + other responsibilities. Still, I've always liked D3 for blowing off some steam - it's easy to just jump into and slay some demons. It's cathartic.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing a Vyr's archon build and I honestly don't really like any of the builds out there, I've had decent success with my variant, but I can't decide on a good weapon for the cube slot. I'm using chantodos set for the extra pulse dps which is really nice for general play so that's taken up for the equip.
People recommend starfire which I find kind of pointless since it only really helps when you're out of archon
Deathwish, which is probably the beefiest raw damage wise but I find awkward to use since the ground slam feels like it's more damage and builds up stacks better than the beam which also happens to feel really buggy and some times it feels like it just goes through enemies.
The Furnace, which feels like the most dependable of the bunch but it's also kinda weak? 50% elite damage just isn't that much, especially once you're pushing GR's higher than 75.

I don't really know what to do here lol.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So once you have your gear and abilities how you want them what do you do to get more powerful and get more defense?
I'm at greater rift 76 and I'm paragon 590 and it takes forever to kill stuff now. I'm playing as a demon hunter and I'm basically a glass cannon but now I'm not much of a cannon but very much still glass.
There's not much else I can do besides getting every piece of my gear to be ancient and then augmenting all of it. Would that be enough?

Aphexian

Oct 26, 2017
This is my first season run. I've had the game since launch, originally played until I realized they wanted me to replay the campaign like 6-8 times and bounced. Came back when they released bounties and rifts (when you hand to grind keys) found it to be novel but fell out of the scene again.

I'm back now to play seasons and I rebirthed my Crusader. I'm not really sure what I should be focusing on after hitting 70. I have Leoric's Crown and my highest ruby that I can make until I get some DB, same for weapon.

Anyone have any tips?

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is my first season run. I've had the game since launch, originally played until I realized they wanted me to replay the campaign like 6-8 times and bounced. Came back when they released bounties and rifts (when you hand to grind keys) found it to be novel but fell out of the scene again.

I'm back now to play seasons and I rebirthed my Crusader. I'm not really sure what I should be focusing on after hitting 70. I have Leoric's Crown and my highest ruby that I can make until I get some DB, same for weapon.

Anyone have any tips?

Shift J. It gives you objectives to work towards.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
So once you have your gear and abilities how you want them what do you do to get more powerful and get more defense?
I'm at greater rift 76 and I'm paragon 590 and it takes forever to kill stuff now. I'm playing as a demon hunter and I'm basically a glass cannon but now I'm not much of a cannon but very much still glass.
There's not much else I can do besides getting every piece of my gear to be ancient and then augmenting all of it. Would that be enough?
This is exactly where I am as well. I'm convinced primal gear doesn't actually exist...it's all just a myth.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017

I really phoned it in this season - Marathon'd to 700ish paragon then just stopped (division global event pulled me in for a month).

I generally run DH, after hitting 80 - 85ish GR I always have to grind gems to augment legendary equipment to push higher (which is usually when I get bored)

What DH build are you running? there are some very tanky builds, after completing an impale build I generally am limited by damage output before defense becomes an issue

again, not knowing what build you are running its hard to say, but DH is very position dependent, guessing you are running a UE multishot build (which I find squishy) - and need to make sure focus and restraint are always up and keeping up the 60% damage reduction from the set (need to make sure you get 10 yards from every mob at least once every ten seconds)

Oct 25, 2017
What wizard build do you guys recommend running for the achievement to finish a GR45 without a single set item conquest? I only need one more conquest to finish my seasons journey and I am so done trying to get sprinter lmao.

Oct 29, 2017
What wizard build do you guys recommend running for the achievement to finish a GR45 without a single set item conquest? I only need one more conquest to finish my seasons journey and I am so done trying to get sprinter lmao.

Deathwish and at least one other damage boosting item. Use a Karini for defense. Don't bother with Archon as Deathwish does not work during it.

If you want total overkill:
Shoulder - Mantle Channeling
Chest - Aquila
Belt - Hergbrash's Binding
Boot - Nilfur
Weapon - Deathwish
Offhand - Etched Sigil
Ring1 - Karini
Ring2 - Manald Heal
Weapon Cube - Grand Vizer

Everything else is whatever. Use Arcane Torrent Lightning, Storm Armor, and Meteor. Just keep channeling.

Oct 25, 2017
Deathwish and at least one other damage boosting item. Use a Karini for defense. Don't bother with Archon as Deathwish does not work during it.
Awesome thanks! I'll try that setup when I get home and report back at some point lol. I think I actually have all of those in my stash except for a spare aquilas and I might have cubed my only mantel of channeling lol.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, could anybody help me in season ? i'd need a quick PL for a new char, if that's not too much to ask. I'm on EU, don't remember if this matters or not.

edit : welp nevermind found somebody IG !