• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 15497

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Hi, I used to be in the PC EU GAF clan, is there an ERA equivalent I could join? Battle.net is SteveyBoy#2192

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I greatly look forward to the inevitable D4 announcement and the life it will bring back to this community. Feels like we've been on a ventilator and on life support for years. Diablo community deserves something better.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
I greatly look forward to the inevitable D4 announcement and the life it will bring back to this community. Feels like we've been on a ventilator and on life support for years. Diablo community deserves something better.

For sure. I also hope D4 has a better monetization framework than D3 did - stuff that allows for sustained development and thus player engagement. (Basically more MMO-like, probably involving cosmetic micro-transactions.) The RMAH was supposed to at least partly be a solution for that originally, but it clearly didn't end up working out.

TBH I probably wouldn't even mind if Diablo 4 had a model where you pay a fee for each new season you want to play (once they entered the post-release window), so long as they introduced fresh new content, similar to a battlepass, or those Starcraft 2 War Chest things. There's a lot of ways they could go with business models that would allow them to keep developers working to make new content.

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
For sure. I also hope D4 has a better monetization framework than D3 did - stuff that allows for sustained development and thus player engagement. (Basically more MMO-like, probably involving cosmetic micro-transactions.) The RMAH was supposed to at least partly be a solution for that originally, but it clearly didn't end up working out.

Same and it's also exactly what I expect... Would be really shocked to see anything other than an MMO-lite/GaaS Diablo 4... Cosmetic MTs are a given in any blizzard game now surely.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the next diablo tones down the visual clutter. Even playing solo, there's so many effects and things going on that I can't see what's going on half the time. I also hope it has more of a social setting, like some sort of town hub where you can interact with other players

Oct 29, 2017
D3's mechanics seemed to be designed without GAAS in mind and then they stapled/patched it on which really didn't work that well. I probably won't be interested in D4 it if it is more of the same combat wise.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see what D4 turns out to be. We know they are actively working on it, what with all the job postings constantly coming and going for the Diablo franchise, because those jobs certainly aren't for D3.

Until then, I'll just keep playing D3 from time to time. I'm skipping this season to play some other stuff but I still play my non-season characters now and then just for the fun of it. I'll probably play again next season though.

Looking forward to whatever D4 ends up being though.

Deleted member 15497

Oct 27, 2017
When I check my Battle.net profile it's only showing my last two hero's, all the others have disappeared.
Anyone know what's up with that?

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
When I check my Battle.net profile it's only showing my last two hero's, all the others have disappeared.
Anyone know what's up with that?

I've seen something kinda like it in the clan roster for people who have been inactive for too long, their profile gets displayed as empty, though the system doesn't actually delete anything. Presumably inactive people are flagged as "do not read" when queried, so the servers save resources.
Anyway, unless your toons are -really- gone, I wouldn't sweat it. Check in-game.

Deleted member 15497

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen something kinda like it in the clan roster for people who have been inactive for too long, their profile gets displayed as empty, though the system doesn't actually delete anything. Presumably inactive people are flagged as "do not read" when queried, so the servers save resources.
Anyway, unless your toons are -really- gone, I wouldn't sweat it. Check in-game.

Yeah, theyre in game.
Apparently I already had a Necromancer to level 70, cant remember doing that at all

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
If anyone wants a newbie Barbarian [who doesnt have the DLC] in their team feel free to add Baz#2321 on Battle.NET. I'll probably be on most evenings between 7 and 9 UK time.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
how many days left? I haven't played much, I want to finish the journey at least.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Man - it's very impressive that people still play this. An insane amount of dedication to the cause. I've been wanting to peep the Necromancer, myself.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
How active is the ERA clan? I don't mind if it's too active, honestly. I just installed D3 again, I got that itch to play it again, and I haven't played since season 6 so... lol. Just don't want to go in it clanless again. My Battle.net tag is Inyourprime#1695 (US).

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
So who's hyped for the new PoE league in a couple weeks?

Really though, would love to hear some Diablo 4 rumors or something to give the series some life

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they finally announced the end date for S13 and start date for S14...

Season 13 will end on the following dates:

North America: Sunday, June 3 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Sunday, June 3 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Sunday, June 3 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Season 14 will begin about two weeks afterward on the dates below:

North America: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
Europe: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is this game still worth playing if I'm turned off by all of the high-level footage of combat where it's ultra-chaotic? I like to be able to tell what I'm fighting, but it seems like Diablo is more about crowd control and ability spam (which is fine, just not my thing).

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Give it a shot if you've got a deal on it or something and you haven't ran through it before. It's fun but yes high level play is basically crowd control and zoning depending on character (ofc).

Naked Koopa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went through diablo and diablo 2 a ton of times, I tried D3 a few years ago and couldnt get into it but now I just bought it for 15$ and going through the story mode, I think I'm finally getting into it.

What are seasons? What's the benefit to play in seasons?

Naked Koopa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see not a lot of gafers are still playing this game lol

Finished act 4 tonight and just ordered the reaper of souls expension since the french version was 9$ on clearance at bestbuy. I also want to try the crusader in the next season as well.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I see not a lot of gafers are still playing this game lol

Finished act 4 tonight and just ordered the reaper of souls expension since the french version was 9$ on clearance at bestbuy. I also want to try the crusader in the next season as well.
I just started playing again to get the portrait and the pet in Season 13. I'm on the PS4. Are there any other console players here? Even though I started just for the Season I still wouldn't mind grouping up with others.

Naked Koopa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seasons is just a character reset.
But I've noticed that you get rewards as well? Like sets?

I just started playing again to get the portrait and the pet in Season 13. I'm on the PS4. Are there any other console players here? Even though I started just for the Season I still wouldn't mind grouping up with others.
I'd love playing with others as well, Diablo is way more fun that way, console and pc players cant play together?

Desuteq

Oct 27, 2017
California, United States
I'd love playing with others as well, Diablo is way more fun that way, console and pc players cant play together?

Unfortunately not, it's not one of the games out there that can do cross-play. Which... is a shame because it's not like it's one of those games that using keyboard/mouse would provide anything but a very negligible advantage over controller, and is not going head to head against someone else, unless you're counting leaderboards.

Naked Koopa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately not, it's not one of the games out there that can do cross-play. Which... is a shame because it's not like it's one of those games that using keyboard/mouse would provide anything but a very negligible advantage over controller, and is not going head to head against someone else, unless you're counting leaderboards.
Ah that's too bad, I dont know anyone playing that game right now. I'm way too late on this.

Naked Koopa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, there's the seasonal journey which rewards you with sets and stuff.
It's just like a load of challenges to complete which you'll just naturally unlock as you play.
Ah, ill give it a try then, I wasnt in seasonal mode.

Might give the crusader or witch doctor a try instead of the barbarian.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Alright i got D3 RoS ultimate edition on PS4 also, if people play it you can add me on there as well i use the same nickname as here.

And it looks like they went back to friday on the new season, good because on thursday was just awkward.

Season 14 will begin about two weeks afterward on the dates below:

• North America: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. CET
  • Asia: Friday, June 15 @ 5:00 p.m. KST

Oct 25, 2017
I recently bought reaper and I think I am going to buy the necromancer. I wish the new season didn't take 2 weeks to start though. I want to start the necro as a seasonal character...

Wizard has been by far my favorite class to play since coming back. Although crusader sucked me in hard too. Demon hunter, my original favorite, just isn't doing it for me now.

Favorite legendary so far lets me cast a second a second arcane powered spell while channeling another spell, so I just melt things which is my favorite thing to do as wizard.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I tried path of exile for a few hrs, and even though it's good, I think it's too complicated and demands too much of me.

I prefer Diablo because it's more streamlined. I can only play games on weekends and even then it's about 8hrs or so total time.

I'll see if I can get the cosmetics for this coming season.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I recently bought reaper and I think I am going to buy the necromancer. I wish the new season didn't take 2 weeks to start though. I want to start the necro as a seasonal character...

Wizard has been by far my favorite class to play since coming back. Although crusader sucked me in hard too. Demon hunter, my original favorite, just isn't doing it for me now.

Favorite legendary so far lets me cast a second a second arcane powered spell while channeling another spell, so I just melt things which is my favorite thing to do as wizard.
I wish you could have been here at launch of the Necro pack so you could have had people to actually play with...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what class I'll play for season 14. It'll be my first seasonal character though. I was planning on doing necromancer but I am not sure if I will like necro, I don't really like witch doctor at all and never was a fan of the pet summoning focused classes in the past.

From the armor sets though, I think I like demon hunter the most. Wizard is maybe second choice. Monk/barb is prob tied for 3rd.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I almost began to play season 13 as a Wizard since the armor I wanted for it was up for grabs. Not sure what I'll do if I play this season. Seems like it could be interesting and I really enjoyed Monk last time. Good to have a game to go back to for a few weeks when the ol wallet needs a break.

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
I started this game a few days ago, so far it's fun but I am overwhelmed by the choices concerning equipment. When should I sell, buy, salvage, enchant and transmogrify items? What about gems?

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I started this game a few days ago, so far it's fun but I am overwhelmed by the choices concerning equipment. When should I sell, buy, salvage, enchant and transmogrify items? What about gems?
In order:

Salvage all the way up to Level 70, in my opinion. Gold will be very abundant in the higher difficulties.

Buying is only an option if you really need a DPS boost upgrading a Rare, but can't get that Legendary to drop; and, even then, only buy a Legendary. The way Diablo 3 drops items now, though, I wouldn't even worry about buying any gear. It's gonna throw tons of Legendaries at you in the higher Torment levels and when you start doing rifts.

Enchant is a Level 70 task and it's gonna be key to progressing through Greater Rifts. However, enchanting should only be used on gear you're going to keep and need to squeeze out stats more attuned to whichever build you're using.

Transmogrifyis for fun. Do with it whatever you want.

Gems, too, are going to be a Level 70 focused task. Like enchanting, they are going to help squeeze out more stats to your gear. Legendary Gems are a major component to end-game progression and will compliment whatever build you are using.

I really like Icy Veins as my Diablo 3 resource. I'm sure there are others as good as, but other Era members would have to chime in on that.