• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 29, 2017

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
For the first time ever (man I miss having the time to game like I did back in college...), I finally finished the entire season journey! Got a Crusader build that worked really really well, enough that I could do Greater Rift 75 solo.

I think this is also the first time I was able to get an extra stash tab from doing the season journey. Gonna need that space, lol.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've hit a wall with my Blessed Shield Crusader: GR90. I really don't know what I can do to get her to punch above this, outside of leveling Legendary gems and affixing them to her gear. And I either don't truly understand the Condemned Crusader build or suck entirely with it, 'cause at GR70 i find myself dying. And my Condemned gear is good. Anyone rock a Condemned build that can help me understand it better?

All of the players above me in the Leaderboards are rocking Condemned builds. Though that makes me proud to sit alongside them with a Blessed Shield build, I can clearly jump up the ranks higher if I could get a handle on the build.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I either don't truly understand the Condemned Crusader build or suck entirely with it, 'cause at GR70 i find myself dying. And my Condemned gear is good. Anyone rock a Condemned build that can help me understand it better?
I'm one! Cleared GR77 (and can probably go ~80-85, just haven't attempted to yet). Here he is if you're interested.

Some damage-mitigation tips: don't be afraid to make Esoteric Alteration one of your gems; it's given me a TON of close-calls that would otherwise be deaths. Halcyon's Ascent is another surprisingly-useful item, for the mass stunlock whenever Akkhan's is cast. Abilities like Laws of Hope [Wings of Angels] and Iron Skin [Flash], if you're not already using those, will help quite a bit with positioning and keeping you out of danger.

I also got lucky and transmuted a Primal Frydehr's (if only I could have that luck with my weapon...grr).

EDIT: the Kanai's jewelry power isn't showing for some reason. As you might expect, it's the Ring of Royal Grandeur since I only wear five pieces of the Akkhan's set.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ive platted this beauty and feel an itch for some loot grinding again. Is the necro dlc decent for another few hours?

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm one! Cleared GR77 (and can probably go ~80-85, just haven't attempted to yet). Here he is if you're interested.

Some damage-mitigation tips: don't be afraid to make Esoteric Alteration one of your gems; it's given me a TON of close-calls that would otherwise be deaths. Halcyon's Ascent is another surprisingly-useful item, for the mass stunlock whenever Akkhan's is cast. Abilities like Laws of Hope [Wings of Angels] and Iron Skin [Flash], if you're not already using those, will help quite a bit with positioning and keeping you out of danger.

I also got lucky and transmuted a Primal Frydehr's (if only I could have that luck with my weapon...grr).

EDIT: the Kanai's jewelry power isn't showing for some reason. As you might expect, it's the Ring of Royal Grandeur since I only wear five pieces of the Akkhan's set.
Time logged and the ability to see characters online are the 2 biggest things I miss most about playing on console.

That's an interesting build! I'm running this build, for my Akkhan Condem set. Except my main hand is the Blade of Prophecy and Furnace is cubed; I luckily got a Legendary Ancient Blade, so the Furnace was the lesser of the two. And grats on the Primal Ancient Legendary shield!

My Esoteric Alteration Legendary gem is somewhere in the 40s, since I've not been focusing entirely on this build, but would that many levels make a huge difference? I do find myself dying more than I'd like.

I dig that you're using Justice for your resource generator and the Unleashed rune for Condemn. I do feel like having to get so close with Slash to proc Focus/Restraint is a big challenge for me, since it's such a slow attack and I have to stop in my tracks; Deadset does state that Smite with the Reaping rune is also a good substitute.

Your build is quite different. I dig it!

Ive platted this beauty and feel an itch for some loot grinding again. Is the necro dlc decent for another few hours?
I need to get off my butt and grab the Platinum Trophy, myself. I only have the Hardcore trophies to snag, which shouldn't be too hard. I just want to hop on my "real" characters whenever I play!

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
My Esoteric Alteration Legendary gem is somewhere in the 40s, since I've not been focusing entirely on this build, but would that many levels make a huge difference? I do find myself dying more than I'd like.
It starts to really help if you level it to 65+. It shines most versus Elites/Champions, as they tend to do most of the elemental damage. Esoteric also pairs nicely with a 25+ Bane of the Powerful, which further decreases elites' damage by 15%. That leaves only melee damage, which Iron Skin [Flash] handles nicely by letting you move unhindered on top of all that extra armor.

Of course, I also put as many Paragon points into Vitality as possible, and always go Vitality when using Caldesaan's Despair on my Ancient stuff. (I still have quite a bit of work to do there...)

Having both the Prophet rune on Akkarat's Champion (from my weapon) and the Indestructible passive gives me two fatal-damage avoidances. And since Akkarat's Champ recharges so quickly, it's pretty hard for this guy to permanently die! I'm definitely considering making this build again on Hardcore to grind some paragon XP there.

I dig that you're using Justice for your resource generator and the Unleashed rune for Condemn. I do feel like having to get so close with Slash to proc Focus/Restraint is a big challenge for me, since it's such a slow attack and I have to stop in my tracks
Justice is pretty nice for me since the hammer tends to hit something in rifts no matter what, making it proc Focus/Restraint easily. The extra move speed is also nice as it stacks with other speed increases. I feel like even at the soft cap of 25% move speed, characters move kinda sluggish in D3. (Not coincidentally, my second-favorite D3 build is a Witch Doctor centered around transforming into a 200mph exploding chicken.)

Oct 29, 2017
Esoteric Alteration has increasing returns which is why it is capped at 100 and levels are so important for it.

Gaining ten levels from 20 to 30 changes its DR from 20 to 25%. Using a 100-damage hit you take 75 as opposed to 80 before meaning 6.25% less damage received for those ten levels.

Gaining ten levels from 90 to 100 changes its DR from 55 to 60%. Using a 100-damage hit you take 40 as opposed to 45 before meaning 11.1% less damage received for those ten levels.

If it went to higher levels like 140 to 150 that would be 25% less damage received for those ten levels.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I always forget how rough leveling that second character in a Season can be without the Haedrig's Gifts to help with the initial itemization. Also, I may just not have enough set pieces to fully grasp their effectiveness, but the Wizard set bonuses seem really meh compared to Monk's.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding Primary Ancient Legendaries, I'm a bit unclear on them. Once Greater Rift 70 is beaten, then they have a chance to drop. Though is it that they can only drop in Greater Rifts or does the chance to drop apply to that character's game, regardless of mode?

Also, I may just not have enough set pieces to fully grasp their effectiveness, but the Wizard set bonuses seem really meh compared to Monk's.
I've only played a fresh 70 Monk, but I've spent a lot of time with my Wizard. I found her to be a ton of fun. Wizards' set builds can have a lot going on (I still don't understand the Firebird build), but they still are a flashy wrecking ball.

What set are you rocking on your Wizard?

Last edited:

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Primary Ancient Legendaries, I'm a bit unclear on them. Once Greater Rift 70 is beaten, then they have a chance to drop. Though is it that they can only drop in Greater Rifts or does the chance to drop apply to that character's game, regardless of mode?

IIRC, primals can drop anywhere in Adventure mode. They're technically just ancients, and ancients can drop anywhere too. Well, no, they're not even that: they're just legendaries, really. For each legendary you drop, there's a 10% chance that it'll be ancient. And for each ancient you get, there's a 10% chance that it's a primal. So, basically, it's like saying 1 out of every 100 legendary you get (on average) will be a primal.

Not sure they can drop in campaign mode though. Don't quote me on that.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Regarding Ancient Primary Legendaries, I'm a bit unclear on them. Once Greater Rift 70 is beaten, then they have a chance to drop. Though is it that they can only drop in Greater Rifts or does the chance to drop apply to that character's game, regardless of mode?
Once you clear GR 70+, they can drop for any character on your account (the usual normal/Hardcore and Seasonal/non-Seasonal boundaries apply, ofc). You can get Primals from literally any source of Legendaries, including crafting/gambling/transmuting/etc, with the same extremely-low chance across the board. I got my Primal Frydehr's by transmuting a regular one in Kanai's Cube, and I got my Primal Lacuni Prowlers from Kadala while trying to roll a good Nemesis Bracers.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the answers.

I got my Primal Frydehr's by transmuting a regular one in Kanai's Cube, and I got my Primal Lacuni Prowlers from Kadala while trying to roll a good Nemesis Bracers.
I want your luck.

Diablo 3: Eternal Collection is on sale for the Xbox One for $30. I want to bite. I've put a lot of hours into the PS4 version and, to a lesser degree, PC, but playing Diablo 3 in true 4K interests me greatly. Starting over from zero doesn't sound too hot, though, considering I've got over 4 billion gold and 4 well-geared characters on the PS4. Also, I play a lot of Diablo 3 via Remote Play.

(Yes, I've just talked myself out of it.)

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I decided to finally spring for that Platinum trophy, which means running through the campaign with a Hardcore character. My, I've forgotten just how bad the story is. And it's not told very well, either. Which is a shame, 'cause it could have been so much more. I blame Jay Wilson... fuck that loser.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So I bought the Eternal Collection on Xbox the other day. I've already played through the campaign numerous times on PC and PS4 so I started a character on Seasons mode.

Is there any way to raise the difficulty to Torment before hitting 70? The game is piss easy on anything lower and I don't know if I have the patience to grind it out before then. Even Master would be tolerable but it says you have to beat Act IV on the campaign before selecting it. No way I'll ever play through that horrible story again.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Is there any way to raise the difficulty to Torment before hitting 70? The game is piss easy on anything lower and I don't know if I have the patience to grind it out before then. Even Master would be tolerable but it says you have to beat Act IV on the campaign before selecting it. No way I'll ever play through that horrible story again.

Oh, I didn't know it gates players off like that. Does it let you do Adventure Mode or is that locked too? If so: grit your teeth and go full speedrun mode. Skip all the crappy dialogue and treat it like you're doing an extended bounty run. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two to finish the whole thing.

I decided to finally spring for that Platinum trophy, which means running through the campaign with a Hardcore character.
I would have the plat on the PS4 version if it weren't for the "complete 500 bounties" trophy. I do most of my grinding on PC, PS4's mostly for when I have friends over. :P

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh, I didn't know it gates players off like that. Does it let you do Adventure Mode or is that locked too? If so: grit your teeth and go full speedrun mode. Skip all the crappy dialogue and treat it like you're doing an extended bounty run. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two to finish the whole thing.

I'm on adventure mode (Season.) I'm just having to seemingly grind to 70 on Expert (Piss easy) mode before I can select Torment. I got to 40 in about 4 hours of play but I'm already bored with killing elites in seconds and bosses in a minute.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I'm on adventure mode (Season.) I'm just having to seemingly grind to 70 on Expert (Piss easy) mode before I can select Torment. I got to 40 in about 4 hours of play but I'm already bored with killing elites in seconds and bosses in a minute.

Good news: just looked it up and apparently you don't actually have to touch the campaign after all. If you get to level 50, Master difficulty opens up, and Torment I through VI opens at level 60. Torment VI at sub-70 should give you a nice challenge. ;)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got sucked back into this game...running a Wizard for the first time and trying out a energy twister build with the season set. I have the weapon that does extra Energy Twister damage but I'm tweaking it a little to work with the Broken Promises and Mandal Heal ring. Basically dropped my crit hit chance as low as I could so Broken Promises triggers almost immediately and does ridiculous damage with Energy Twister and electrocute. Bit squishy at the moment though haha

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Bit squishy at the moment though haha
Yep, sounds like the Wizard to me!

On my main characters I'm Paragon 850 (~20-30 of those came from the tail end of last Season, where I got back into the game) and on my Season I'm Paragon 756. Leveling right now seems to be taking forever, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like in 1000+ levels! Greater Rifts are the only real way to level; I get so disparaged seeing how slowly my XP bar moves in any other mode. Ha!

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, sounds like the Wizard to me!

I know, I've got about 1000 hours in D3 between Vanilla and RoS on a Barbarian and then I bought it on PS4 last year and played through as a Crusader. So going from those classes to a Wizard is a bit jarring. But can confirm the Slow Time/Energy Twister build is really fun to play.

Oct 29, 2017
They flipped the switch on Diablo II account purges. I played it last in March so RIP to my chars. Not messing around with classic bnet anymore.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Hype time? Hype time.

Plus, there's some rumblings on reddit about the ghostly D2 remaster, check it out.

Maybe paging Yoshichan... wanna wait for some more HYPE. Blizzcon looks to be promising, though.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well then: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fo...h-in-2018-with-exclusive-content-59-99.62191/

4-player Diablo 3 on a single Switch, or on 4 Switches, or online, in 2018. They took their time, but we did it, boys!

Though, realistically speaking, I doubt I'm going to buy this. Not because it's not worth $60 (it is, going by my 1,000+ hours of playtime) but because, well, I don't think the game can make me come back to it once more, unless there's a pretty significant content update.

What I'm wondering is whether there's an option for touch controls when undocked. The leak doesn't say.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have a Switch, but idk if I'd buy it for it even if I had one.

Really just waiting for IV at this point. Hopefully they blow my mind with the game systems.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well I'm not the biggest fan of this game, but I had the Necromancer pack so I thought I might as well play the character...

I log in and it looks like no one plays anymore? On multiple difficulties I see like 0 players... granted I can't access Torments 10-13 and Challenge Rifts yet as I have not yet completed the requirements for them, is that where everyone is? Every other difficulty and mode is a straight "0" for player count. PC by the way.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I log in and it looks like no one plays anymore? On multiple difficulties I see like 0 players... granted I can't access Torments 10-13 and Challenge Rifts yet as I have not yet completed the requirements for them, is that where everyone is? Every other difficulty and mode is a straight "0" for player count. PC by the way.

There's your problem. People seldom play lower difficulties. Also, the game has been light on updates for a little while now, and season 14 is ending in less than a month.

People still play it, but yeah, you picked a wrong time, and unfortunately can't access the difficulty levels people play on. FYI, nobody plays challenge rifts. Well, they play them once every week to get the easy rewards, but that's it. Unless you meant Greater Rifts?

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's your problem. People seldom play lower difficulties. Also, the game has been light on updates for a little while now, and season 14 is ending in less than a month.

People still play it, but yeah, you picked a wrong time, and unfortunately can't access the difficulty levels people play on. FYI, nobody plays challenge rifts. Well, they play them once every week to get the easy rewards, but that's it. Unless you meant Greater Rifts?

Oh great :/

Granted, i'm not too torn up about it, really just wanted to justify the money spent on the Necromancer pack which I actually haven't played until now- not the biggest fan of this iteration of Diablo anyways, but the Necromancer was always my favorite character in Diablo 2. I always preferred playing online even if I never interacted with the people I was playing with, playing alone just feels... lonely. But i'l just go ahead and fuck around with the Necro a bit, hopefully a D2 remaster is just around the corner.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Oh great :/

Granted, i'm not too torn up about it, really just wanted to justify the money spent on the Necromancer pack which I actually haven't played until now- not the biggest fan of this iteration of Diablo anyways, but the Necromancer was always my favorite character in Diablo 2. I always preferred playing online even if I never interacted with the people I was playing with, playing alone just feels... lonely.
You can always just make a game at your preferred difficulty and set it to public. Who knows, sometimes you will be joined by another player or two/three.

I will concede that you're definitely mostly going to be playing alone until you're near the level cap, though. The big exception is during Seasons, where literally everyone who opts in is starting fresh. You'll find a ton of games on all difficulties for the first few days there. Get in early when that happens, because like 99.999% of Diablo III is the endgame where you're level 70, gaining endless Paragon levels, and going through random dungeons and Rifts in search of ever-better gear/stats.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So, season 14 is coming to an end at Sep 16th. and 15th season will start at Sep 21st. Seeing how there's only 5 days of non-season it will be interesting to see if there's gonna be any new items or (de)buffs to current items.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man the Furious Charge Legendary set for Barbarians is freaking bonkers

it's an absolute boss killer!

I also love the 'gotta go fast' vibes it gives

WAIT

I'LL PAINT MY ARMOR BLUE

Oct 29, 2017
Got a relatively comfortable 102 on my Wizard. Could probably fish for a 105 before season ends. My mouse wheel is going so it is getting annoying to play.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
So, season 14 is coming to an end at Sep 16th. and 15th season will start at Sep 21st. Seeing how there's only 5 days of non-season it will be interesting to see if there's gonna be any new items or (de)buffs to current items.
That's a stupid-crazy quick turn-around time. I wonder why...

Blizzcon is soon everyone! Ready your surprise and/or disappointment posts!
2 months away isn't what I'd call "soon." However, I need a new Diablo game by now! It has been way, way too long.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think I've made it as far as I'm going to with the Necro I started for this season. It's been fun but I don't think I'll be able to do clear a Torment 12 rift in 6 minutes, ah well. Anyone know if they've already announced the sets for next season or do they usually do that closer to the start?

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I've made it as far as I'm going to with the Necro I started for this season. It's been fun but I don't think I'll be able to do clear a Torment 12 rift in 6 minutes, ah well. Anyone know if they've already announced the sets for next season or do they usually do that closer to the start?

They follow a rotation - here's the next one (from reddit):
Barbarian - Wastes
Crusader - Roland's
Demon Hunter - Unhallowed Essence
Monk - Rainment
Necromancer - Rathma
Witch Doctor - Helltooth
Wizard - Tal Rasha

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
They follow a rotation - here's the next one (from reddit):
Barbarian - Wastes
Crusader - Roland's
Demon Hunter - Unhallowed Essence
Monk - Rainment
Necromancer - Rathma
Witch Doctor - Helltooth
Wizard - Tal Rasha
How is the Rainment set? I may roll a Monk for the next Season. Or maybe a Demon Hunter. How is Unhallowed Essence?

Oct 29, 2017
How is the Rainment set? I may roll a Monk for the next Season. Or maybe a Demon Hunter. How is Unhallowed Essence?

UE is one of the best sets for quickly doing the season journey. Rainment is one of the more difficult playstyles (either generator or DS version); it didn't get a huge boost like most other sets did with the 2.6 patch but it was the primary RGK build before that so it is not garbage or anything.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
UE is one of the best sets for quickly doing the season journey. Rainment is one of the more difficult playstyles (either generator or DS version); it didn't get a huge boost like most other sets did with the 2.6 patch but it was the primary RGK build before that so it is not garbage or anything.
Thanks for this! It looks like I'll be rolling a Monk this Season. I've taken a Monk to 70 for the Platinum Trophy, but that was so long ago and I didn't play with the character beyond that, so I'm looking forward to really diving in.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So, were getting double bounty caches for next season. Conquests are Sprinter/Speed Racer, Avarice/Avaritia, Boss Mode/Worlds Apart, The Thrill/Superhuman and Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets.