• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Next season lasting until Dec 16.. that's a little longer than the last few seasons isn't it? Torn between DH or WD this time. Debating going hardcore as well.. decisions!

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Next season lasting until Dec 16.. that's a little longer than the last few seasons isn't it? Torn between DH or WD this time. Debating going hardcore as well.. decisions!

Eh, S14 was roughly 3 months. S15 looks to be about the same.

I'm a little surprised they actually gave an estimate on the end date this time around.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm waist-deep into Dragon's Quest XI and out of town for the weekend. It says something that I was still jonesing to start my Season character last night!

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
And I died at paragon 525 with only 5 more things to do to complete my season journey. Oh well. Almost did it all hardcore. Will be playing softcore to finish it off and get that stash tab. One thing I learned is that I absolutely love the demon hunter! So much fun!

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Have I not been a good Admin? Did I not always strive to hype up the game when I took up Yoshi's mantle?

Now do I find myself standing in ashes, with naught but a twitch of the eyes. There is no light where I'm going.

Fucking mobile games. Uuuugh.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Mobile game looks fun, but not want I wanted. Saw some things that might turn me off too it but willing to try.

Was super mad the characters in that trailer had more movement and physics than D3 though lol. Would love to see some of that added in an update.

Oct 29, 2017
If there is not a PTR this month I wouldn't expect anything new for next season.

It is probably dead unless they have some paid DLC or MTX in the pipeline.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Random question.. I bought D3 back when it was first released. Played it for something like two weeks, finished it and never went back because it felt like there wasn't enough there to keep my interest. I've heard over the years that "it has gotten better", but I haven't really heard why. Is it worth it to go back and play through it? I can't imagine that the story has changed much (I think I bought the expansion at some point, but don't think I ever played it). How is it different now than it was before? I know they removed the Real Money auction house.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...sounds like Diablo Immortal was a huge misfire. I guess we'll see what happens when it eventually comes out.

Got Destiny 2 for free so today is still in the win column for me.

Can't complain about that. (Although I probably won't ever play it.)

Random question.. I bought D3 back when it was first released. Played it for something like two weeks, finished it and never went back because it felt like there wasn't enough there to keep my interest. I've heard over the years that "it has gotten better", but I haven't really heard why. Is it worth it to go back and play through it? I can't imagine that the story has changed much (I think I bought the expansion at some point, but don't think I ever played it). How is it different now than it was before? I know they removed the Real Money auction house.

The story hasn't changed (it's still bad), but everything else is notably better than before.
Suffice to say, a LOT has changed since D3 originally came out and the Expansion brought a lot of sweeping changes with it.
Kinda hard to sum up everything (here's some condensed patch notes), but the game's in a pretty balanced state at the moment.

Sets are pretty well balanced now, there's tons of synergy with the different Sets & Legendary items, Kanai's Cube allows you to store Legendary Effects (allowing for even more synergy/mayhem). I'm sure someone could explain it better than me.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Diablo 3 bas game is still garbage. If you add the expansion though it becomes really good. The campaign is still bad, mind you, but the gameplay loop in adventure mode is impeccable.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh how easy it is to obtain sets and reroll them, the endgame basically revolves around getting minor stat upgrades to challenge higher GRs. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't expect mindblowing gear to drop after investing dozens of hours. If you enjoy playing all the different classes, then the value is absolutely there. And of course there's co-op if that's important to you.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
For the next major Diablo release (let's say 4) I'd like to see them add the changing spell reticle (ie: blizzard's AoE grows the longer you hold the spell down before casting) and moving + casting type stuff you see in the mobile game. I'm not sure how exactly they'd do it with keyboard and mouse controls (moving+casting anyway), but those look like nice features.

Oct 25, 2017
Diablo mobile isn't even a low. Hitting a mainstream audience is a good thing.

I get people don't like d3, but it's not garbage and never was. Some people lack any nuance in how they describe something. D3 also sold like crazy, despite having public preview.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
D3 isn't a bad game by many standards, at least objectively so. Certainly after RoS fixed a lot of issues with the initial product. That's not excusing it's many, many flaws or shortcomings that persist to this day though, despite having some redeeming qualities.

The problem is more that it came of the back of the genre-originator and genre-definer in the same series, so in comparison it's much weaker.

There so much more to the current Diablo Immortal debacle than the quality of the game itself, that requires quite a deep knowledge of the context (a period spanning over a decade, honestly) to fully grasp. And it's a context that crosses several boundaries, there's more to it than just the game culture and game development spheres.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
All I'll say is this: Blizzard should have had more sense than to do what they did at Blizzcon this year. Go ahead and make a mobile Diablo clone, but don't headline it as your main event at the fucking Blizzcon Diablo panel.

Talk about out of touch.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why diablo immortal couldn't have been a mini expansion to D3.

I'd imagine they aren't confident in a d3 expansion selling well. According to google ROS sold very poorly compared to D3 in it's first week.

----

I think breaking into the mobile market was inevitable. And people complaining about that being announced at the head of show don't understand that that is when the most eyes are on the stage. They'd be shooting themslves in the foot if they didn't announce it during the opening ceremony. And D4 and probably even D2 remaster is coming. They just didn't announce it yet. I mean, they pretty much confirmed it a couple weeks ago anyway when they said multiple diablo projects are in the works.

If they announced d4 people would obviously be more happy, but the way I think about it is that they should announce closer to launch and not let us build up weird expectations about the game based on an early preview. So the lack of announcement, to me, isn't even a bad thing. IMO it doesn't change a thing. I still look forward to d4, knowing nothing about it. Still would have to wait either way.

Oct 25, 2017
According to google ROS sold very poorly compared to D3 in it's first week.
I mean I that was inevitable, D3 had one of the most hyped launches for a PC release ever. Not to mention it was bundled with the year long WoW sub and tyraels charger so a lot of people figured instead of just resubbing why not sub for a whole year and get a free mount and game. Not to mention D3's launch killed a lot of enthusiasm for the game.

I'm sure a big content release for D3 would probably sell well with all the good will ROS has given the game. Then again it's entirely possible blizzard saw the necro DLC sales figures and just said "nah diablo 3 is dead"

I don't think I' mad about Immortal being a mobile game as much as I am mad that it's going to be some free 2 play game that will be covered in micro transactions and is going to be built by a company who makes f2p mobile ARPGs that seem to have frustrating monetization methods.

If blizzard had gone up on stage and said that it was going to be a mobile exclusive that was going to have minimal micro-transactions and cost 20 dollars I don't think i'd be annoyed. I'd be a little confused but ultimately I think i'd be interested in what it was going to be.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
That "adding stuff from Immortal to D3" sounds bullshit. But future games will be the case since they want to use a new cross platform engine.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
So, turns out there's a new patch and PTR coming.

Let me tell you. It's dumb in the best way : D .

Numbers got hyperinflated, though these will probably get tweaked downwards again... but who knows?

Also, season 16 will have the Ring of Royal Grandeur effect enabled for all characters, without needing it in the cube or inventory. Think that's crazy? You haven't seen anything yet. Freeing up that slot means another piece of jewelry can be cubed / worn, which has the potential to really break the game. Now you can get 5PC sets by default, so you always have that complementary legendary elsewhere. And then set rings. And CoE. And another ring / ammy in the cube. Some of those are insane boosts, like Triple Gargs 5PC on WD, which is now possible with both CoE and set jewelry alongside it.

Guess I'll check the game again.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
So, turns out there's a new patch and PTR coming.

Let me tell you. It's dumb in the best way : D .

Numbers got hyperinflated, though these will probably get tweaked downwards again... but who knows?

Also, season 16 will have the Ring of Royal Grandeur effect enabled for all characters, without needing it in the cube or inventory. Think that's crazy? You haven't seen anything yet. Freeing up that slot means another piece of jewelry can be cubed / worn, which has the potential to really break the game. Now you can get 5PC sets by default, so you always have that complementary legendary elsewhere. And then set rings. And CoE. And another ring / ammy in the cube. Some of those are insane boosts, like Triple Gargs 5PC on WD, which is now possible with both CoE and set jewelry alongside it.

Guess I'll check the game again.

Sounds fun for like a day but man I would burn out so fast. You'll be in t13 a few hours into the season lol.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Sounds fun for like a day but man I would burn out so fast. You'll be in t13 a few hours into the season lol.

Gotta love damage control. Game hasn't seen a major update in over a year and they're still trying to convince people that Primals are something to get excited about. This is going to be fun to watch.

Tangentially related... Something that's been running through my head lately: at this point is there any point in the L1-70 grind in a season? I keep feeling like there really isn't and it'd be almost better if they just let you start a seasonal character at 70.

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck it we added zeros to everything. Lmao, remember when soloing 100 was a big deal?

That RoRG buff is all over the place too. Helltooth Garg is getting 50% more damage from it (COE or Taskers) while Invoker is there digging through the cube skill trash pile.

Oct 29, 2017
Forgot to mention I Matriarched an untwinked Assassin after the Immortal disappointment and by Bul Kathos item farming in D2 sucks. My greatest achievement was getting a Jah rune to drop.

Assassins still rule.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, fun stuff. Unfortunately most of the buffs are on 6 set bonuses instead of 4 set ones where they would have opened up more combos with the free RoRG effect. Roland's is one exception. For monks, the 10x boost on Inna's looks promising.

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet been wanting some balance changes so I have a reason to grind out a new season. I'll take it.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Necro is currently half price so thought fuck it and bought it, wanted to try it for awhile and I haven't played Diablo at all in ages.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be down for finally buying Necro this time... but now I have a new issue. No actual desk/standing tray to play on. I'm dying hunched over/stretched out to use my mouse on my tv stand everyday. Had to go controller or keyboard only games for 3 months.

Might go out this weekend and see if I can find something cheap to use.

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
I found this game with all dlcs for 20 bucks on PSN. Glad I bought it, seems really cool.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got some time to try it out. I almost had my build guess right - I was thinking inner generator monk with focus+restraint, but it's too low on defense. A more defensive Inna generator monk is taking the lead at 130 right now though. All the classes are around 125-130, so at least they got the numbers in the right ballpark of each other.