• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Played the PTR for a few hours on Saturday, sure was fun to just roll over a ton of things right away. I'll be down for the season that has it's stats but hopefully something else to make it interesting as well as an added spice. Watching my fire wizard just melt everything was a good time.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I am looking forward to these changes, if nothing else to mix the game up a little.

I leveled up a Monk for this Season and am playing the class post-70 for the first time. I feel like I should love the class, but I am not digging the play style of the initial unlocked set. It seems like there's not much more to the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set other than dashing, then using spirit generator, rinse and repeat.

I've not spent a whole lot of time in this Season, but I intend on putting some more in before it ends.

And I really wish something could be done about stash management on the console. It's been a mini game all to itself for me to try and manage all the items I've hoarded across 4 GR 70+ toons. I hate to get rid of any legendary I've accrued, even if it doesn't fit into a conventional set build.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Whats the ETA on the next season btw? If its mid December that's perfect, any later and I'm well into "holy crap the first quarter of 2019 is nuts" territory and no room for Diablo... unless I get the switch version...

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys, trying to figure out how to craft the hellfire ring on PS4, the mats I'm getting are for what I think is for the amulet or the lower level ring. Any help would be appreciated. The uber bosses always drop a mat like lorics regret but it shows 0/1 on the 3 mats required.

Noob btw and playing on torment 4.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys, trying to figure out how to craft the hellfire ring on PS4, the mats I'm getting are for what I think is for the amulet or the lower level ring. Any help would be appreciated. The uber bosses always drop a mat like lorics regret but it shows 0/1 on the 3 mats required.

I crafted one yesterday on Switch. Are you level 70?

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017

Heya, I think you might be looking at the lower level rings such as "Hellfire Ring of [primary stat]". They're obsolete as far as I know. You might be able to get the organs during levels 60-70 from the keywardens. At level 70 the keywardens will start dropping the updated items for the neck and simply the "Hellfire Ring".

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
Heya, I think you might be looking at the lower level rings such as "Hellfire Ring of [primary stat]". They're obsolete as far as I know. You might be able to get the organs during levels 60-70 from the keywardens. At level 70 the keywardens will start dropping the updated items for the neck and simply the "Hellfire Ring".

Gotcha, thanks. I guess I had it backwards.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Season 16 starts on January 11th, by the way.

Hope I can get to GR100 by then..

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really digging this game (PS4). I have a 70 (38) Wizard and a Season 15 Demon Hunter 70 (42). I didn't like the Demon Hunter at first but after looking up some good GR builds, I now really enjoy the skillset. It demolishes everything on GR13 at Torment IV so I'm planning to up the difficulty soon. I have a great bow with an insane Multishot buff.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing on Friday and I have my HC Monk at 70 (103) - I just knocked out Seasonal Journey IV so I've got a full set to work around, but not really sure where to go from here.

I can keep tweaking my stats
- I have Prim stat (Dex) on every piece along with Gems to get me into the 8K range
- I have Vit on most armor pieces coupled with some life % so ~10M HP
- I'm using Harmony (Helfire amulet) w/ a select few pieces of AR so all my Defenses are in the 800 - 900 range
- It feels like I have too much attack speed and not enough CC and possibly I'm low on CHD
- - only one socketed Weapon
- - Jewelry has Damage, Prim Stat, Attack Speed and CC (i'm guessing I should do what I can to replace Speed w/ CDC)

I'm in need of weapons that stand out a bit more and offer something worthwhile
- Monster Hunter (socketed CHD) w/ life on hit
- some random other (non socketed) weapon that freezes when enemy health is < 20% (w/Prim Stat, Vit, Damage%)

Should I
- keep running Rifts (normal & GR) hoping for better weapon drops?
- keep trying to upgrade rares (that seemingly result in similar drops from the Rifts)
- rework jewelry load out and slot in some Rift Gems
- hope and pray for ancient pieces to get my stats

ALSO -
Is there a nice baseline for survivabilty stats (Vit/Res/Armor) for each Difficulty/GR?

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Should I
- keep running Rifts (normal & GR) hoping for better weapon drops?
- keep trying to upgrade rares (that seemingly result in similar drops from the Rifts)
- rework jewelry load out and slot in some Rift Gems
- hope and pray for ancient pieces to get my stats

ALSO -
Is there a nice baseline for survivabilty stats (Vit/Res/Armor) for each Difficulty/GR?
You're running a Hardcore character, which I've never done, but Rifts have always been my go-to for gear upgrades. Rifts are nice, as they drop Death's Breath to supplement enchanting/gambling, which then feeds my Greater Rift runs for the big loot drop at the end.

As for survivability, I'd like someone else's input, since you're running a Monk (which I am running for the time in Season). Does Dodge only apply to physical damage and not elemental? In theory it sounds like that's the way it should work, but I couldn't find a definitive anywhere.

Vitality and Armor are the standard mitigation stats, but Monks have the passive skill Harmony that makes going for resistances a viable option. I'd think it'd be hard to come up with an overall baseline group of survivability stats for each level Tier/Rift Level, since it'd wildly vary based on what skills the player is running. Well, at least I've not seen one in my time. Not saying such a thing doesn't exist, though.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Greater Rifts are the key source for levelling legendary gems, and better chances of acquiring ancient and primal items.

You still need Rift Stones for GRs though so there's no avoiding T13 standard rifts for 'stones and death breath. If you have a good speed farming build you should clear a T13 norm rift in 3 to 4 minutes. You'll also need gold to empower GRs when levelling up gems but that only really starts being effective around GR59.

Oct 30, 2017
Alright I'm dying here. Can someone please help me out on how I can find this damn Infernal Machine plan. I have dozens of the keys from farming all the Keywardens but I can't do anything without the plans. I've checked vendors, the blacksmith, the jeweler, etc. Where is it? For PS4 by the way.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I'm dying here. Can someone please help me out on how I can find this damn Infernal Machine plan. I have dozens of the keys from farming all the Keywardens but I can't do anything without the plans. I've checked vendors, the blacksmith, the jeweler, etc. Where is it? For PS4 by the way.
Have you updated your game? The keywardens drop the machines outright now.

If you're on an old version, you may have to farm nekrat in act 4 and go through some extra nonsense that's been removed with more recent updates.

Oct 30, 2017
Have you updated your game? The keywardens drop the machines outright now.

If you're on an old version, you may have to farm nekrat in act 4 and go through some extra nonsense that's been removed with more recent updates.
Its updated to 1.27. You're right that they drop the machines but I can't access them. It says to go to a house of the damned. Is that the house in New Tristam? If so, if so I can't access it. Thanks for the help!

EDIT

son of a bitch I had been trying to destroy the wrong door in New Tristam. I got it...

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The house is near the healer by gate, if you stand to the right of the door you can attack it without triggering the dialogue with brother what's his name.

Pigs

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got around to finishing my play through of the campaign. I was a witch doctor, but started again as necromancer.

Is there any guides or somewhere where I can find a simple explanation or overview of what I am supposed to do after completing the campaign? Whenever I try searching how everything works past the campaign its either way out of date or is nothing but acronyms I don't understand.

Right now I want to play through the campaing again with necromancer and then I guess poke around in Adventure mode, but Im not really sure what my goals are playing through that.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I started playing on PC after a long absence. Anyone know why the game refuses to show my player name and health bar above my character? This is an option I have checked, and I want it like how it is on console.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any guides or somewhere where I can find a simple explanation or overview of what I am supposed to do after completing the campaign? Whenever I try searching how everything works past the campaign its either way out of date or is nothing but acronyms I don't understand.

Once you beat the campaign you move to Adventure mode where you can level up either via running bounties in every act (5 per, you get a chest of goodies once you complete an act) or via rifts clearing (randomly generated multi floor dungeons you access via the obelisk in every town) or via a mix of both (I do this to mix the gameplay up a bit every once in a while).

Once you reach maximum level you farm greater rift keys in regular rifts and try to clear higher and higher GRs (just use the key at the same obelisk) by gathering more powerful gear and getting paragon levels in droves (xp progression once you reach max level). You can compare your clearing times and max clear levels on serverwide leaderboards.

I started playing on PC after a long absence. Anyone know why the game refuses to show my player name and health bar above my character? This is an option I have checked, and I want it like how it is on console.

I don't think that's possible? But I haven't booted the game in a while so I'm not certain.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I just fired up my copy of Diablo 3 on the PC and don't have the player name or health bar above my character. I am playing Single-Player, if it makes any difference. So, it seems there is, but now I'm gonna try to figure out how. Haha!

EDIT

Have you tried Options > Gameplay > Display Player Health Bars/Display Player Names?

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I just fired up my copy of Diablo 3 on the PC and don't have the player name or health bar above my character. I am playing Single-Player, if it makes any difference. So, it seems there is, but now I'm gonna try to figure out how. Haha!

EDIT

Have you tried Options > Gameplay > Display Player Health Bars/Display Player Names?
Yeah I've tried all options in both singleplayer and multiplayer. The option is right there, but nothing happens. I had the same issue years ago. It's crazy that it hasn't been fixed.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I think it only concerns the other players, not yourself. A way to differentiate between you and the others.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the game on this PSN sale, any advise on what I should be doing to level up and get gear. I beat the game when it first came out on PC so do not care about going through the campaign again.

Tried to watch some video's for advise. Made a seasonal character (Adventure mode, currently Act 1 to run the bounties, Hard, currently lvl 22). But when I try to find any games at any level the list is empty. Is the game dead or am I missing a step?

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
So with the new patch on the horizon and big changes to damage levels for the different sets and classes, what are you guys planning to main for ladders/new season, and what sets are you focusing?

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So with the new patch on the horizon and big changes to damage levels for the different sets and classes, what are you guys planning to main for ladders/new season, and what sets are you focusing?
I'm hoping the changes to innas creates a more skill nuetral build with rediculous defense benefits.

I'm mostly excited for completely open builds with the changes to littany & wailing.

Xanathus

Oct 25, 2017
Probably going to go Witchdoctor with the Jade set, I read that it's been buffed a lot and the play style is really good for people like me who have high ping.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017

I was leaning towards Monk with Uliana's exploding palm build for turbo T13 rift farming as soon as I can. Then will probably roll a WD with Jade.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Any word on when the patch will be released, yet? On the forums, Blizzard is dropping the ball with hitting their goal dates on stuff. Era didn't end on time, apparently.

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
Question, I've been playing Diablo with my friend right and both of us were roughly around 330 Paragon.

The season ends, and next thing you know he has 5600 Paragon and I'm still at 330.

WTF?!

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Question, I've been playing Diablo with my friend right and both of us were roughly around 330 Paragon.

The season ends, and next thing you know he has 5600 Paragon and I'm still at 330.

WTF?!

Was he possibly playing Diablo for a long time before you joined? 5k+ accounts are rare but not unheard of, but those people either A) play religiously or B) use bots to get there.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Season 16 is nearly upon us - ROID RAGE, ASSKICKING, LOOT TAKING!

Get yours today for the low, low price of only forfeiting your loved one's affections.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017

Get yours today for the low, low price of only forfeiting your loved one's affections.
I have no idea what class I am going to roll this season. I've not played Demon Hunter or Barbarian during a season, but Witch Doctor is my favorite class and I really want to see how the season buff changes its class set designs. Decisions, decisions!

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Haha, nice to see you're still in the game. I'm probably not going to join at any point during this season unfortunately, but I'll be there in spirit!

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Didn't feel a ton of improvement on most of my classes that got the buff. I'm sad :(. Going to run the Siege build Rhykker shared on his youtube page for Seasons I think. Starting the grind on Friday might be rough though cause I have a lot of shit I need to do that day and Saturday.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The LoN wave of light build that's on the live leaderboard for monks is pretty fun. One nice trick with rabid strike and cyclone strike is you can use it at a distance and have the clones keep the enemies clustered without actually gathering them to you.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This player has been on a roll with the conquests

zX2pTyz.png

kalavaras

Oct 28, 2017
Didnt realise PS4 season starts later (1am in my country) and waited eagerly with a fully charged Vita :(

Managed to do a couple rifts before work in the morning and now Im hungry for more. I heard the D1 event dungeon is pretty decent for exp so Im gonna head there since Ive never done it. Gonna dedicate this season to Barb and most likely focusing on WW and Leap quake.

Its pretty funny that Season16, Path of Diablos new season and the hugely improved Median XL all launch on same day. I guess PoE mightve done something aswell just to mix it up. Its great to play on Vita and check some PoD/Median streams on tablet.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
anyone on PC playing this season?

really thinking about playing this season for some reason.

About 5 of us were in last night, made it up to about P50. Miles is back in.

I went with monk again, looking forward to the Inna's WoL build. Starting with Uliana's was fun. Lots of good options all around.

The challenge rift is really easy too, just a normal SWK WoL monk.

Last edited:

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
This is the season with the free perma-RoRG, right?

At least that's more interesting than "double _____"

Just doubling stuff might be good for a weekend event to boost numbers or something, but it's not interesting enough to make playing a whole season worth it.

The D3 season twists are still pale shadows of anything seen in Path of Exile, but the game is on skeleton crew maintenance mode, so I'm not expecting much ever anymore, if they even continue seasons indefinitely like the Diablo 2 ladder. They might build up a stable of interesting enough ideas and just rotate them around rather than come up with anything new. Just randomize what the modifier on the newest season is when pushing the button to launch it. Boom, done.

I still think the combat smoothness/animations beats any competitor on the market, though I haven't tried Grim Dawn, so I'm not sure how that compares. Loot in D3 is real stale though with the end-game forcing you into sets, and them giving you a starter set for minimal effort that exponentially boosts your power level. There's not much choice, other than to pick which set you're gonna use and pursue that, assuming it's one that's viable for pushing high GRs or clearing T13 fast. That's about as diverse as it gets. There's a little more nuance for group vs. solo play, but not much.

I think Path of Exile's 4.0 release is supposed to entail a major upgrade of combat and visuals to match or exceed the proficiency achieved in D3, but from what I read of their plans, 4.0 is dated for early 2020 or something.... They don't have the largest team and I guess if they want to keep working on fixes/smaller updates and launching unique leagues every 3 months or so... In conjunction with that, they might be switching the game to a newer/different base technology or engine to better facilitate development, I've heard Unreal Engine 4 tossed around as a possibility.

All of PoE's other systems are pretty much ahead of what D3 has done though at this point. Maybe the lore isn't quite as strong, but the actual in-game story might be better than at least the one in D3, if not D2?

It just makes me sad because I like Diablo, but someone decided that it wasn't worth further development after Reaper of Souls fixed the biggest issues of the base game for the most part (though some core problems remain), so they decided to basically mothball it and put out Diablo Immortal first instead of a "real" sequel. The whole wishy-washiness of not even being able to announce a PC/Console sequel was...eugh.

Which is SHOCKING since the game is one of the highest selling PC games of all time, as one of the most anticipated sequels of all time, and even Reaper of Souls did well to rebound after the catastrophic state D3 launched in. Somehow the decision to remove the RMAH from base D3 and not have another constant income stream in Reaper of Souls killed future development. And I wouldn't even say the RMAH was that bad an idea honestly, just that all the systems around it were bad and served to prop it up much more than they should have. I only made a return of maybe $20 or so, but I know other people made hundreds or more on some of the stuff they sold to insane whales. The legal framework for setting up the RMAH in all the various counties must have been expensive as hell too at the time, so maybe they lost a fair bit of money on doing that, more than it brought in, and more than the value of warping the game around it was.

Of course an analysis like this is with 20/20 hindsight pretty much, but better leads on projects like D3 would have been able to anticipate or adapt to the market better, barring some crazy new development.