• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 9, 2017
Why have they not patched in the ability to have your pet pickup materials? Seems like a no-brainer, especially this late in the game.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
So I was looking at Blizzard jobs because I was interested in some game dev jobs in general and wanted to see if they might have had a certain role available, anyway:

There is still at least 1 unannounced Diablo game in the works, but there's so many high-level empty roles open that it leads me to believe that it's pretty early in development, especially given the knowledge that whatever the next mainline Diablo sequel was has been through at least 2 upheaval resets essentially (with departing devs). So whatever the project might be it's the 2nd or maybe even 3rd major attempt. Which is why they probably didn't announce anything at Blizzcon, since they didn't have anything to show at all if they just scrapped most everything for at least a second time. However, no explicit acknowledgement besides vague PR-speak at the last minute and after the Immortal announcement disaster that they're working on something to satisfy traditional fans of the franchise, even console-oriented gamers, was obviously devastating.

Especially after years of essentially no visible movement on the franchise with a thirsty fanbase, and proving that they're so tone deaf that they might not ever be able to deliver an acceptable product anyway, even to fans of the more streamlined D3, let alone D2 or D1 fans.

Anyway....that's not particularly interesting.

Perhaps the more interesting thing is that Blizzard is hiring for an unannounced project that will be primarily on mobile, if not exclusive to mobile. The details being that it will be an action-oriented game with destruction as a focus, use of procedurally generated content and advanced AI, with a cooperative/competitive lean. The art style will be more painterly/stylized than realistic, with some mention of maybe some 2D/2.5D "story-book-like" elements or something to that effect. That doesn't tell THAT much (no indicator of thematic genre really or any more specific gameplay elements), but it seems pretty ambitious for a mobile title, whatever it might be. Also, it will at least be prototyped on Unity it seems, but may move to an internally developed engine or more in-house modified version of Unity. Unity is extremely flexible and cheap/easy to use for at least testing all sorts of games, so that's not particularly interesting. Certainly easier to get into/cheaper than Unreal Engine 4, if not more powerful ultimately. I think that's all I could surmise after scanning various postings.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
My buddy has been crushing it with the Impale build this season. I'm thinking of going that route just cause it seems more fun for me than dropping turrets.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Went with a barbie this time around. It's the first time in my Diablo 3 life where I hit for BILLIONS. It's hilarious.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
My buddy has been crushing it with the Impale build this season. I'm thinking of going that route just cause it seems more fun for me than dropping turrets.
That is what really turned me off the Demon Hunter this season. I was going to do N6M4 DH because of its high ranking, but when I actually read into the class I decided to run Hammerdin instead and I am VERY pleased with the results so far.

This is my first time actually doing Seasonal and I am coming off SWK WoL Monk and TR Meteor Wizard - it's definitely a nice change of pace.

Helps that I got an insane Legendary 2H off a Rift Guardian that is perfect for a Hammerdin leveling build... At 35 my brother (playing Charge Barb) and I cranked it to Master and have been riding that gravy train to 70. Will hopefully have our Gifts by the end of the weekend.

Quick question: Is Magic Find buffed for Seasonal Play? I've never seen so many Legendaries drop while leveling before on a non-Seasonal character.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Went with a barbie this time around. It's the first time in my Diablo 3 life where I hit for BILLIONS. It's hilarious.
I went with a Barbarian (on PS4) and this is my first time end-gaming with that class. I'm already rocking the Hammer of the Ancients Immortal King full-set, but I don't understand how I can keep Wrath of the Berserker off down-time. It doesn't help that I am awfully squishy and that everything gets liquified by my Call of the Ancient summons once I proc Wrath of the Berserker.

Quick question: Is Magic Find buffed for Seasonal Play? I've never seen so many Legendaries drop while leveling before on a non-Seasonal character.
Nope, that's just good ol' fashioned luck. A trip to Vegas might be in order for you. 😜

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
God I love the buff from this new season. I rolled a Demon Hunter and got two of the three Haedrig's Gift bags, giving me four pieces of Natalya's set. I was struggling to clear GR20 (for the final bag) until Kadala happened to gave me a fifth piece...which, thanks to the RoRG buff, was all I needed to proc the last bonus. I set the rift to around GR40 instead and just eviscerated everything. The boss took longer to appear than he did to kill.

Magic Find is buffed a bit if more people are in the party, but other than that it's just good luck. (Hopefully you'll still have it when it comes time to find Primals...)

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I went with a Barbarian (on PS4) and this is my first time end-gaming with that class. I'm already rocking the Hammer of the Ancients Immortal King full-set, but I don't understand how I can keep Wrath of the Berserker off down-time. It doesn't help that I am awfully squishy and that everything gets liquified by my Call of the Ancient summons once I proc Wrath of the Berserker.

There's a pair of shoulders which give Call of the Ancients the rage generation rune and the Gavel of Justice weapon which makes Hammer of Ancients refund 25 rage when it hits 3 targets or less. So you spam Hammer and get rage back with the Ancients topping you up as well so you can Hammer while you Hammer.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
There's a pair of shoulders which give Call of the Ancients the rage generation rune and the Gavel of Justice weapon which makes Hammer of Ancients refund 25 rage when it hits 3 targets or less. So you spam Hammer and get rage back with the Ancients topping you up as well so you can Hammer while you Hammer.
Ah, I am missing the Gavel of Justice. That seems super clutch.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, that's just good ol' fashioned luck. A trip to Vegas might be in order for you. 😜
Magic Find is buffed a bit if more people are in the party, but other than that it's just good luck. (Hopefully you'll still have it when it comes time to find Primals...)
Ha, thanks guys - good to know.

I do have three Primals on Normal, one literally perfect Inna's Chest that I really want to make a build around, one pair of Illusory Boots which are unfortunately useless outside of a single set dungeon for my Monk (maybe I could reroll mainstat and hack them into other builds but then I would have to give up a potential WoL damage roll on them), and the mot worthless of all, a Sky Splitter with DEX......

Ah well, I'm gonna keep 'em anyway. Gunning for that extra stash tab this season, though some of those challenges look pretty daunting. We'll have to see I guess.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm curious... I got this belt for my seasonal Monk and I'm wondering what's better to enchant? Dexterity for that chance of an extra 100, or change Cripping Wave for ~500 Armor? I don't even use Crippling Wave, so i'm thinking the latter, but i'm unsure just how good Armor might be compared to 100 Dexterity...

d6IuMop.png

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, roll off cripping wave. You might use tsunami to apply EP to large groups with Uliana's but the skill damage itself doesn't matter. I'd go for the 15% life though. Talking about a 1.5% increase in damage with the dex, 3% increase in toughness with the armour, or 15% with the life.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
It's a balance patch on a game that is basically in low maintenance/EOL. The article would have been good to have been written for an actual paid DLC but it's not that.

The only criticism I have with the game right now is that T13 is simply not good enough. there should be higher tiers. This would make mat farming much less tedious.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The argument is that the game deserves more than to just be in maintenance mode considering how good it is and how many fans there are. It's hard to disagree, and it's clear the only reason it is is because Blizzard hasn't figured out a great way to monetize the game, outside of porting it to every platform.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
It's well documented that the ROS team barely exist at Blizzard anymore, and the fact they've outsourced Diablo's mobile development externally means that they likely dont have anyone who can deliver the content that is "deserved".

Multiple failures at kicking off a "proper" sequel for a game that is the third most selling PC title ever just goes to show at how big a task this is, and the fact Blizzard just don't have capability to produce anything more like the content patches they deliverd like in early january.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's well documented that the ROS team barely exist at Blizzard anymore, and the fact they've outsourced Diablo's mobile development externally means that they likely dont have anyone who can deliver the content that is "deserved".

Multiple failures at kicking off a "proper" sequel for a game that is the third most selling PC title ever just goes to show at how big a task this is, and the fact Blizzard just don't have capability to produce anything more like the content patches they deliverd like in early january.
Those are all choices they made though, and they can be criticized. Blizz could have a substantially bigger team working on D3 stuff if they wanted to. They just chose not to. Whether that's because they can't figure out a way to make enough profit from it or not is anyone's guess, but it is a shame. Ideally they'd keep D3 alive with regular content updates while they work on a proper successor. But they chose not to do that.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Switched from Hammerdin to Condemn and HOLY SHIT.

I am in love. I dropped the CoE for Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac and essentially have permanent Iron Skin and I can practically spam Provoke.

So amazing.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
So, Shadow Impale is pretty crazy. Only running 2 ancient pieces and easily in the early 90s.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I had a REALLY solid weekend on my Wizard. I had previously completed a Tal Rasha set to allow me to play Frozen Orb effectively. I was missing two key cubes...Halo of Karini and Shame of Delsere. I'm running a Stone of Jordan and some other random ring...So I need to decide what I want to put in that slot. I don't really want to play Meteor at the moment (mostly because on Switch, FOrb is SO easy to play). I can do GR64-65 without much issue, but I can't do 70 yet. I need to get better rolls on my Triumvirate and Aether Walker.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
This Season I decided to give the PC version some loving (though I am also rocking a PS4 Barbarian) and rolled a Demon Hunter. Now I've been playing on the console exclusively for the better part of 2 years and I sure do miss the zoomed in camera and controller on the PC version. Movement is the real drag, for me. Sometimes I'll be clicking/holding the mouse down to move, but then get "stuck" on a baddie and just sit there shooting. It's killed me a few times more than I'd like in Greater Rifts.

Any advice on how to get better with that or is it just how it goes with the PC?

So, Shadow Impale is pretty crazy. Only running 2 ancient pieces and easily in the early 90s.
Dayum! I'm gonna have to look into that build. I just got the dagger, which I believe was the last piece of gear I needed.

I've been rocking Natalya/Marauder Sentry build and am having a blast!

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Really need a tv tray or side table or something. Have not been able to do any keyboard and mouse gaming since I moved in September :(

Got so desperate I bought this on the switch just to get my fix.

Kounetsu

Nov 17, 2017
Hello! I'm your friendly and by what is soon to be former, EU Diablo 3 GAF Admin. The position was given to me by our grand lord and saviour, the one and only Yoshichan himself. I have taken the liberty at this time to snag the OT here - those who know me from EU Diablo will hopefully back me up in this :D .

As for the OT, this is just a placeholder message for the moment, but I'll get onto making a right proper OT soon.

Edit: the poll has served its purpose, "ERA" it is. Looks like clan tags aren't a unique thing.

We have both European and North American clans. In order to get into the EU clan, contact me here, and for the North American folks seek out Raticus79. And if it doesn't inconvene you too much, do add which region you play in if you post your battle.tag, rather than having us puzzle it out who goes where - about the only thing I'll ask of anyone : D !

We do have a Discord, quote this post to reveal.
[Hidden content]

For those of you who have been away from the game for a long time, or otherwise not informed, season 12 also brings sweeping balance changes across the board. That is to say, huge buffs. Have a look!The season starts on November 9, 5 PM CEST for EU and the same time for the NA players, as per PDT timezone. Asia too, at 5 PM KST.

I'll see you all in Sanctuary!

Now to see if i needed to quote the whole thing or not.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
This Season I decided to give the PC version some loving (though I am also rocking a PS4 Barbarian) and rolled a Demon Hunter. Now I've been playing on the console exclusively for the better part of 2 years and I sure do miss the zoomed in camera and controller on the PC version. Movement is the real drag, for me. Sometimes I'll be clicking/holding the mouse down to move, but then get "stuck" on a baddie and just sit there shooting. It's killed me a few times more than I'd like in Greater Rifts.

Any advice on how to get better with that or is it just how it goes with the PC?!

I have my movement mapped to the W key.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Really need a tv tray or side table or something. Have not been able to do any keyboard and mouse gaming since I moved in September :(
Have you thought about getting a lapboard? I use the one made by Corsair so I can game in my home theater room.
Got so desperate I bought this on the switch just to get my fix.
I have my movement mapped to the W key.
How does that work? What do mouse clicks do when the key isn't held down? Attack and that's it?

As it stands, I use SHIFT to root in place while attacking.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe the lapboard thing could work. Problem is, I just got a chair when gaming now so controllers are my go to. Would still have the issue of balancing

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone!

After getting Diablo 3 for Switch this Christmas and being too intimidated to start it ever since, I finally decided to give it a go.

And it's... very overwhelming! There are so many menus and radial dials and skill options and gear loadouts that I'm already wondering if I need to watch some lengthy tutorial videos before playing any more.

The gameplay itself seems pretty straightforward (mash attacks and dodge), but it seems like there's a lot of depth that might have a high learning curve to it.

What I'm more concerned about is my class. I selected Barbarian because it seemed like the path of least resistance to a newcomer, but I'm finding the character too basic. I'm sure additional moves open up later, but for now I'm tempted to switch classes.

However, I don't really want to redo the first hour of the campaign. I've noticed I'm picking up weapons for other classes, so is it possible to start playing a new class in the middle of a story chapter? And if it is possible, is it not advisable because your level will be too low?

This is my first Diablo game, and I can see the trappings of a game I'd really enjoy here. But early on the going is rough because there's so much information to digest!

If anybody could give me some pointers or guide me toward a... less stressful mindset, I'd really appreciate it.

*Also, I'm finding the story exceptionally dull so far, so I'm wondering if I'll miss out on anything worthwhile if I just play with the sound down while listening to podcasts.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
How does that work? What do mouse clicks do when the key isn't held down? Attack and that's it?

As it stands, I use SHIFT to root in place while attacking.

It's an alternative move. I just like to hold down the W key and point the mouse where I want to go instead of clicking. I didn't change the mouse settings, so they still move and attack as normal. I use SHIFT to stop as well.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone!

After getting Diablo 3 for Switch this Christmas and being too intimidated to start it ever since, I finally decided to give it a go.

And it's... very overwhelming! There are so many menus and radial dials and skill options and gear loadouts that I'm already wondering if I need to watch some lengthy tutorial videos before playing any more.

The gameplay itself seems pretty straightforward (mash attacks and dodge), but it seems like there's a lot of depth that might have a high learning curve to it.

What I'm more concerned about is my class. I selected Barbarian because it seemed like the path of least resistance to a newcomer, but I'm finding the character too basic. I'm sure additional moves open up later, but for now I'm tempted to switch classes.

However, I don't really want to redo the first hour of the campaign. I've noticed I'm picking up weapons for other classes, so is it possible to start playing a new class in the middle of a story chapter? And if it is possible, is it not advisable because your level will be too low?

This is my first Diablo game, and I can see the trappings of a game I'd really enjoy here. But early on the going is rough because there's so much information to digest!

If anybody could give me some pointers or guide me toward a... less stressful mindset, I'd really appreciate it.

*Also, I'm finding the story exceptionally dull so far, so I'm wondering if I'll miss out on anything worthwhile if I just play with the sound down while listening to podcasts.
All the classes are very basic in the beginning, I wouldn't stress it. Diablo 3 takes kind of a while to really open up. I'd just follow the story (which is crap, so you're right to mute it), then when you're done with that, play around in adventure mode. You're not really missing out on much, the game doesn't get actually deep until you hit the level cap. I know there are a lot of skills and runes, but you don't have to pay too much attention to that until the endgame, at which point your build will be dictated by what gear you find, and you can consult guides for build tips. But that's far enough away that you don't have to worry about it. If it gets too easy you can always bump the difficulty up a bit.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
finally "finished" my N6M4 (just item wise that is, not acounting for how shit they are heh) as I rolled a compass rose from Kadala, and overall... mixed feelings on the build I think?

Ironically it seems to be the best "pet build" in the game atm (I assume so since it's one of the stronger builds overall as far as I know, and neither Necro nor Witch Doctor have pet builds as their top ones), even if it doesnt feel like a pet build (to me). The gameplay is weird because you are basically always fighting off screen so you miss a lot of the "flash", and its doubly awkward because on switch you drop turrets where you stand, you cant exactly drop them with a cursor like on PC (at least that's how I remember turrets working from when I played on PC, might be mistaken on that one), so it's a lot of vaulting forward, dropping turret, vaulting back to safety to spam cluster arrow from off screen and then you vault back forward and everything is dead lol.

Not sure if I'll do another character or not, I would like to play a pet build but like I said, it doesnt seem like either of the pet classes "pet builds" are doing that hot, I did Crusader last season so don't really feel like doing that again, I guess I could try a monk, the exploding palm build is strong again right? That was always fun back in the day.

Switched from Hammerdin to Condemn and HOLY SHIT.

I am in love. I dropped the CoE for Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac and essentially have permanent Iron Skin and I can practically spam Provoke.

So amazing.

Condemn was super fun last season, not in small part because all the explosions reminded me a lot of exploding palm monk (theres a running theme here...I really like explosions).

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
DzCBtZUU0AAzMV3.jpg

Did some cable management and got some desktop room! Placed my pc on the box of my new PS4 Pro lol.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
finally "finished" my N6M4 (just item wise that is, not acounting for how shit they are heh) as I rolled a compass rose from Kadala, and overall... mixed feelings on the build I think?

Ironically it seems to be the best "pet build" in the game atm (I assume so since it's one of the stronger builds overall as far as I know, and neither Necro nor Witch Doctor have pet builds as their top ones), even if it doesnt feel like a pet build (to me). The gameplay is weird because you are basically always fighting off screen so you miss a lot of the "flash", and its doubly awkward because on switch you drop turrets where you stand, you cant exactly drop them with a cursor like on PC (at least that's how I remember turrets working from when I played on PC, might be mistaken on that one), so it's a lot of vaulting forward, dropping turret, vaulting back to safety to spam cluster arrow from off screen and then you vault back forward and everything is dead lol.

Not sure if I'll do another character or not, I would like to play a pet build but like I said, it doesnt seem like either of the pet classes "pet builds" are doing that hot, I did Crusader last season so don't really feel like doing that again, I guess I could try a monk, the exploding palm build is strong again right? That was always fun back in the day.

Condemn was super fun last season, not in small part because all the explosions reminded me a lot of exploding palm monk (theres a running theme here...I really like explosions).

I think N6M4 is probably the strongest Pet build, but it's certainly not the most fun IMO (I think WD Helltooth Garg is way more fun, plus if you sling in Manajuma's set it makes an ultrafast turbo farming build with angry chicken for T13s and GRs up to around 75-80).

I personally went Natalyas from Hedrigs, to N6M4 to Shadow Impale and thats pushed me as far as I'm getting with DH (not having much luck with ancient drops over the last few weeks :( )

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I think N6M4 is probably the strongest Pet build, but it's certainly not the most fun IMO (I think WD Helltooth Garg is way more fun, plus if you sling in Manajuma's set it makes an ultrafast turbo farming build with angry chicken for T13s and GRs up to around 75-80).

I personally went Natalyas from Hedrigs, to N6M4 to Shadow Impale and thats pushed me as far as I'm getting with DH (not having much luck with ancient drops over the last few weeks :( )

yeah, like I said before, the whole "being off screen" thing of N6M4 makes it super awkward imo. Helltooth Garg still decent then? I played that last season, it was great and actually felt like a pet build between the 3 mini gargs and the dogs (I was surprised it used the dogs).

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, like I said before, the whole "being off screen" thing of N6M4 makes it super awkward imo. Helltooth Garg still decent then? I played that last season, it was great and actually felt like a pet build between the 3 mini gargs and the dogs (I was surprised it used the dogs).

Helltooth Garg is ok, not the best for high end GR pushing, but the speed farming variant is very effective when it comes to bounties and general mat farming. Dogs are pretty much only there for lifesteal... I think most builds pretty much got a +10 GR level bump from the patch except for Condemn Crusader and Pestilence Necro - they were OP as fuck last season. It's brought the meta quite level now. Shadow impale is most definitely the way to go for DH right now, although some chancer managed to get to #1 on the EU DH leaderboards with a UE Multishot build, which is really impressive.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not so much melee but close quarters. You need to use vault to stun enemies (thus proc'ing a lot of abilities) and to reduce damage by 50%. You have to be a bit careful when dealing with packs but it just melts elite packs (current high end meta has a Impale DH being involved for this purpose).

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Impale is a "melee" build right? I never actually played a melee DH, is it a fun build at least?

edit: is this it? https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-shadow-impale-build-patch-2-6-4-season-16

Yeah Impale DH isn't quite melee as much as leaning more towards short range than I think every other DH build. The fun is that it does insane single target damage which can one-shot rift guardians and stuff, or build up to a one-shot. The AoE clear for the build isn't typically as good as Multishot or something though. Just depends on how the latest balance is on whether it can push higher than other DH builds or not. It's typically better for pushing GRs than speed clearing Torments though, at least with the standard variation.

One thing of note is that it's pretty easy to gear for as there's only like maybe 2 daggers you can craft in the cube for DH, so getting an ancient weapon requires way fewer resources than other builds might require if you're not lucky.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
edit - Nevermind, that's for the PC version only.

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Impale DH isn't quite melee as much as leaning more towards short range than I think every other DH build. The fun is that it does insane single target damage which can one-shot rift guardians and stuff, or build up to a one-shot. The AoE clear for the build isn't typically as good as Multishot or something though. Just depends on how the latest balance is on whether it can push higher than other DH builds or not. It's typically better for pushing GRs than speed clearing Torments though, at least with the standard variation.

One thing of note is that it's pretty easy to gear for as there's only like maybe 2 daggers you can craft in the cube for DH, so getting an ancient weapon requires way fewer resources than other builds might require if you're not lucky.

Yep Shadow Impale is easy to gear for - as I wrote earlier I was able to get into the early 90s on a build that only had a couple of ancient items. The belt makes the build though, being able to vault for a two second window for free, proc'ing the Ring of Elusiveness and stunning the enemies in turn proc'ing Bane Of The Trapped is so nice. I actually have a second DH just for T13, Bounty and lower GR farming with a UE MS build + Boon Of The Hoarder. Helps finance empowered GR runs and legendary re-rolls.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
I am having issues with Discipline when I do Bounties on my UE Multishot build. Should I be stacking RCR or CDR (for more Preparation pops)? Already at the breakpoint for perma-Vengeance (I think I'm floating around 38-39% ATM). Got a couple of super lucky Primals so the build is very mature at this point (for the purposes of GR speed farming anyway), just struggling to adapt it to T13 NR and (to a much greater extent) Bounties.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda tempted to play again since it always feels good for a week or two, and the power creep this season from the free perma RoRG is more interesting than "double shards" or "double bounty mats", but I know the interest will only last that brief 1-2 week period at best.

It has just always been really hard to throw myself into Path of Exile when the combat has never been as fluid, and the overall graphics/animations could stand to use some polish. It's miles better now than it was in years past though, that's for sure.

But I've been having trouble playing much of anything lately, so it's not 100% any single game that I take issue with.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I am having issues with Discipline when I do Bounties on my UE Multishot build. Should I be stacking RCR or CDR (for more Preparation pops)? Already at the breakpoint for perma-Vengeance (I think I'm floating around 38-39% ATM). Got a couple of super lucky Primals so the build is very mature at this point (for the purposes of GR speed farming anyway), just struggling to adapt it to T13 NR and (to a much greater extent) Bounties.

Do you have Yang's Recurve and Dead Man's Legacy? those two are pretty much default for UE MS. I assume as you're near the magical 36.5% Vengeance mark that you have Dawn.

This is my T13/Bounty hunting UE MS DH. I should really look at replacing Unity with a COE in the 'Cube but apart from that it nukes everything from orbit.

Last edited:

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have Yang's Recurve and Dead Man's Legacy? those two are pretty much default for UE MS. I assume as you're near the magical 36.5% Vengeance mark that you have Dawn.

This is my T13/Bounty hunting UE MS DH. I should really look at replacing Unity with a COE in the 'Cube but apart from that it nukes everything from orbit.
Yeah, I have a really good Ancient Yang's and a decent regular DML, as well as Dawn cubed. CDR on Gloves/Shoulders/Quiver.

No problems with damage output or with Hatred, just having issues with the Discipline. I would post my build but I'm on console and have been too lazy to build it on D3 Planner. Using Primal Nemesis Bracers so I have Avarice cubed. I could drop NB, pick up some survivability, and maybe drop the Avarice but that wouldn't change my survivability much... (Maybe if I added a cubed Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac for more CDR on Preparation?)

I will build it out tonight and post it, but long periods of travel with Vault spam means I'm almost always out of it on long distance Bounties. My Condemn sader speed build is way faster for Bounties as a result, but I enjoy playing the UE MS build sooo much more. (My brain tells me to never skip mobs, which is Condemn's MO - I don't have to worry about that when one MS burst clears the entire screen!)

I'm kinda tempted to play again since it always feels good for a week or two, and the power creep this season from the free perma RoRG is more interesting than "double shards" or "double bounty mats", but I know the interest will only last that brief 1-2 week period at best.

It has just always been really hard to throw myself into Path of Exile when the combat has never been as fluid, and the overall graphics/animations could stand to use some polish. It's miles better now than it was in years past though, that's for sure.

But I've been having trouble playing much of anything lately, so it's not 100% any single game that I take issue with.
Honestly, I love theory crafting for maximum efficiency in all of the games I play, so a game that is literally designed for that and that alone is basically perfect for me. I'll be playing D3 until they pull the plug. It's what keeps me here... I picked the game up again during Season 15 after I dropped it a few days after launch and I haven't stopped playing since. It's just SO good, I can't stop! I have tried to pick up PoE multiple times but keep dropping it because, like you mentioned, the combat feels janky as fuck compared to D3. I am completely spoiled.

Last edited:

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have a really good Ancient Yang's and a decent regular DML, as well as Dawn cubed. CDR on Gloves/Shoulders/Quiver.

No problems with damage output or with Hatred, just having issues with the Discipline. I would post my build but I'm on console and have been too lazy to build it on D3 Planner. Using Primal Nemesis Bracers so I have Avarice cubed. I could drop NB, pick up some survivability, and maybe drop the Avarice but that wouldn't change my survivability much... (Maybe if I added a cubed Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac for more CDR on Preparation?)

I will build it out tonight and post it, but long periods of travel with Vault spam means I'm almost always out of it on long distance Bounties. My Condemn sader speed build is way faster for Bounties as a result, but I enjoy playing the UE MS build sooo much more. (My brain tells me to never skip mobs, which is Condemn's MO - I don't have to worry about that when one MS burst clears the entire screen!)

Honestly, I love theory crafting for maximum efficiency in all of the games I play, so a game that is literally designed for that and that alone is basically perfect for me. I'll be playing D3 until they pull the plug. It's what keeps me here... I picked the game up again during Season 15 after I dropped it a few days after launch and I haven't stopped playing since. It's just SO good, I can't stop! I have tried to pick up PoE multiple times but keep dropping it because, like you mentioned, the combat feels janky as fuck compared to D3. I am completely spoiled.

The main thing about D3 is the theorycrafting has some pretty shallow limitations by now and the game isn't going to be meaningfully changed much anymore since it's on maintenance mode. Path of Exile especially, but other fresh games have either a much deeper theoryspace or a less explored one. Both have a similar effect, and deeper sandboxes are necessary the larger your player base is if you want them to engage long-term. At least for the type of game player that has an appetite for challenges in this way.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
The main thing about D3 is the theorycrafting has some pretty shallow limitations by now and the game isn't going to be meaningfully changed much anymore since it's on maintenance mode. Path of Exile especially, but other fresh games have either a much deeper theoryspace or a less explored one. Both have a similar effect, and deeper sandboxes are necessary the larger your player base is if you want them to engage long-term. At least for the type of game player that has an appetite for challenges in this way.
I don't feel that way at all. It's easy to pull down a cookie cutter build from Icy Veins or D3 Fans but there is a ton of room for customization to fit the build to your preferred playstyle or activity. I love messing around and seeing what works and what doesn't. Small changes can have huge impacts on the way certain builds play, in my case I have seen people use the UE MS build and never run into Discipline problems but trying to get that perfect combination of gear and rolls to achieve that same level of performance is always fun for me.

Dunno, maybe I'm just easily entertained? lol

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel that way at all. It's easy to pull down a cookie cutter build from Icy Veins or D3 Fans but there is a ton of room for customization to fit the build to your preferred playstyle or activity. I love messing around and seeing what works and what doesn't. Small changes can have huge impacts on the way certain builds play, in my case I have seen people use the UE MS build and never run into Discipline problems but trying to get that perfect combination of gear and rolls to achieve that same level of performance is always fun for me.

Dunno, maybe I'm just easily entertained? lol

Well one of the biggest things with D3 is that all damage is tied to weapon DPS ultimately— there's a lot less wiggle room for things like elemental damage types to matter on more than a superficial level. You can't really have a weapon with poor DPS now that provides some other amazing bonuses to make up for it, except for zero DPS support builds. The 2-hand vs. dual-wield or 1H + OH choice is also not much of a choice in many cases since the best options are known and quite easy to acquire in some form. It's not like you're scraping by with a jank build for long in D3, especially since the introduction of the seasonal starter set caches. Sets and legendaries are so powerful that no rare or lower item is even worth looking at except to scrap for crafting mats pretty much as soon as you hit max level, and certainly by the time you're in any torment difficulty.