• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Such a shame the game doesn't allow you to add a 4pc to your build with the season buff. Some of the 4pc set bonuses would be so nice to have. I hope D4 will let you customize balls to the wall instead of buffing skills with 10x multipliers. The former is more fun to tinker than the latter.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I was curious about the mechanics of seasonal play so finally went down the rabbit hole of building an S16 character. Had never played Crusader to 70 so did that, hit 70, started paragon leveling up to T3 and hit a wall trying to finish Act III seasonal cheevos. Up to this point it was a pretty standard "I have played Diablo III" before experience. Messaged a buddy who is a long time player, paragon level 1300 or something on his S16, and he started power running me through GR lvl 90/etc. with his crazy speed Demon Hunter. Truly guffaw-inducing watching him fly around the map making everything explode into a shower of epics and set pieces, and then the shower of loot at the end of the GR. My biggest timesink became managing my stash inventory with the flood of items.

The seasonal achievements walking you through some of the obscure mechanics is an interesting idea but still pretty clunky, requiring you to look up why solo finishing a GR 20 didn't get you the achievement because it has to be done under time, the awkward UI of the set dungeon tests, etc. But not the worst thing I've seen for sure.

Failing the time on that GR 20 caused me to switch up my build to test the S16 hammerdin build that is well known, and it was pretty hilarious how fast I was able to get through things. And then getting that Act IV set piece for the +12k% buff, all of a sudden you're procing crits for 15bn+ damage, etc. Since then I went through and put in Johanna's weapon and shield for even more boosts, sorted out my gems a bit better, and now easily hit 45bn crits running GR 40s. However my survivability is pretty poor, if I don't keep those dive + movement bonuses going my toughness drops from 60mm to 10mm or so and I can get popped if I'm not paying attention (the shield respawn on death is handy there). I suppose I need to push my gem enchants out of ruby and into diamonds for the resist buffs and just keep building my paragon level, but it's odd to have a glass cannon crusader. Maybe just need more paragon level, sitting at 450 right now.

Anyway, interesting experience dipping my toes into this. Not sure how long I'll stick with it since it seems like the mat grind is real and laborious. I've love to extract more legendary powers just to clean up my inventory but the mat requirements are not great. Think I'll keep running empowered GRs to bump gems up and see how that goes but not sure there's much more past this for me.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
DiabloFans is shutting down in March.

Hmm, not enough traffic I guess with the Diablo franchise on life support right now? Been ages since anything actually new for D3, and especially with the only confirmed project that's not in complete development hell as Immortal, it wasn't sustainable for the hardcore fans who would even go there. It's kind of interesting because DiabloFans was part of Curse/MMO-Champion, and they are/they have been removed from the header of site coverage, while Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch remain. (Hearthstone and Starcraft have always had other, better, dedicated resources).

Even if Blizzard announces a full (PC/HD Console) Diablo 4 project this year, it would likely spend at least another 1.5-2 years in development if not more before a "full" release if you look at Blizzard's overall track record (even D3 was quite an anomaly.) Easily pushing on another 9-10+ year dev cycle between the release of a numbered Diablo game. They not only have to surpass Diablo 3, they have to compete with the likes of Path of Exile especially and the amount of systems they have added over the years now (paced at 3-4 unique leagues a year or so + the occasional bigger overhaul). Other IPs are also important to keep in mind - Hades now in early access from SuperGiant games is derivative in some respects of the Diablo franchise (as were Bastion and Transistor). Besides the revival of the Torchlight MMO (Torchlight Frontiers?), Grim Dawn, and other notables. And that's even if they keep the perspective isometric -- a hallmark feature of the Diablo series that hasn't changed since its inception.

If Diablo changes to a 3rd person camera (I doubt they would do 1st person for a numbered entry ever), then they have to compete with the FromSoft Soulsbourne games (and imitators), as well as the looter shooters (Anthem, Destiny), and anything else similar enough, even though Diablo is primarily more of a high fantasy/magic oriented (Angels vs. Demons vs. Mortals + In-between) multiverse.

Either way, it's sort of at the point that almost no matter what Blizzard does at this point could live up to the expectations of a true "Diablo 4", especially now that it has been so long and competition has developed heavily in the fast-paced loot game genre. Let alone more tangential competition like a more traditional MMO like even WoW provides.

I will say that I did like DiabloFans, went there more than a handful of times especially before the launch of D3 and posted occasionally on their forum during that time period, so it's sad to see it go.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Is there going to be another bonus experience event? I want to grind out some achievements but am hoping to take less time if possible.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
DiabloFans is shutting down in March.
Wow, that's sad to hear. I went there in the past for D2 builds after every major patch.

Hmm, not enough traffic I guess with the Diablo franchise on life support right now? Been ages since anything actually new for D3, and especially with the only confirmed project that's not in complete development hell as Immortal, it wasn't sustainable for the hardcore fans who would even go there. It's kind of interesting because DiabloFans was part of Curse/MMO-Champion, and they are/they have been removed from the header of site coverage, while Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch remain. (Hearthstone and Starcraft have always had other, better, dedicated resources).

Even if Blizzard announces a full (PC/HD Console) Diablo 4 project this year, it would likely spend at least another 1.5-2 years in development if not more before a "full" release if you look at Blizzard's overall track record (even D3 was quite an anomaly.) Easily pushing on another 9-10+ year dev cycle between the release of a numbered Diablo game. They not only have to surpass Diablo 3, they have to compete with the likes of Path of Exile especially and the amount of systems they have added over the years now (paced at 3-4 unique leagues a year or so + the occasional bigger overhaul). Other IPs are also important to keep in mind - Hades now in early access from SuperGiant games is derivative in some respects of the Diablo franchise (as were Bastion and Transistor). Besides the revival of the Torchlight MMO (Torchlight Frontiers?), Grim Dawn, and other notables. And that's even if they keep the perspective isometric -- a hallmark feature of the Diablo series that hasn't changed since its inception.

If Diablo changes to a 3rd person camera (I doubt they would do 1st person for a numbered entry ever), then they have to compete with the FromSoft Soulsbourne games (and imitators), as well as the looter shooters (Anthem, Destiny), and anything else similar enough, even though Diablo is primarily more of a high fantasy/magic oriented (Angels vs. Demons vs. Mortals + In-between) multiverse.

Either way, it's sort of at the point that almost no matter what Blizzard does at this point could live up to the expectations of a true "Diablo 4", especially now that it has been so long and competition has developed heavily in the fast-paced loot game genre. Let alone more tangential competition like a more traditional MMO like even WoW provides.

I will say that I did like DiabloFans, went there more than a handful of times especially before the launch of D3 and posted occasionally on their forum during that time period, so it's sad to see it go.
It's run by a company to make money from ads? I always thought these sites were funded by the hardcore fan community and close down because nobody wants to pay or donate from their own pockets anymore.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing this on the Switch and want to team up?

Even though I played the story mode on the PS4 back when it was first released I know nothing about the season mode.

When does the season end? First season mission of to do a N. Rift. No clue how to do it. Lol... I'm so new.

I just started a seasonal Necromancer and have no clue what I'm doing.

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
Anyone playing this on the Switch and want to team up?

Even though I played the story mode on the PS4 back when it was first released I know nothing about the season mode.

When does the season end? First season mission of to do a N. Rift. No clue how to do it. Lol... I'm so new.

I just started a seasonal Necromancer and have no clue what I'm doing.

I recently got it on Switch, and right now I'm playing a seasonal Necromancer as well. At paragon level 71 or something like that. I believe they just extended the season to end in the middle of May. Right this second I can't play, but you're totally free to add me. My Switch code is: 0010-6168-1447. I'm pretty new to the game's adventure mode/seasonal play as well. Just completed the four seasonal chapter challenges so I could get my gear set and since then I've just been doing rifts and bounties.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recently got it on Switch, and right now I'm playing a seasonal Necromancer as well. At paragon level 71 or something like that. I believe they just extended the season to end in the middle of May. Right this second I can't play, but you're totally free to add me. My Switch code is: 0010-6168-1447. I'm pretty new to the game's adventure mode/seasonal play as well. Just completed the four seasonal chapter challenges so I could get my gear set and since then I've just been doing rifts and bounties.

I can't send the friend request because I get a message saying your friend list is full.

If you want to add me

FC 2244 - 4905 - 7120

I'd love to get some co-op done. Even if we skip voice chat just seeing how you or the person I team with goes about doing things is enough for me to pick up and what I should be doing.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's sad to hear. I went there in the past for D2 builds after every major patch.

It's run by a company to make money from ads? I always thought these sites were funded by the hardcore fan community and close down because nobody wants to pay or donate from their own pockets anymore.

A little of column A, a little of column B. It was mostly hardcore fan supported before being bought out by Curse/MMO-Champion brand (which is now merging with Wikia or something?) IDK. Anyway, DiabloFans merged to get more reach or lessen the financial burden of keeping up the site years ago at this point, and the other place(s) were ad supported by that point, so they become ad/traffic/revenue focused. With no promising Diablo news on the horizon, plus other competing resources and communities, not enough traffic to justify even keeping the lights on anymore aside from an archive. Especially when people like Kripparian went from the most extreme hardcore Diablo 3 player, to heavy into Path of Exile and some other games, now mostly plays Hearthstone to pay the bills as a streamer, even when Hearthstone is declining. In his personal time he likes even more casual Pay-to-win mobile games, now that he can afford to spend money on them, because he likes competing a lot (mostly in terms of leaderboards, even if the game is 1v1 PvP or more purely PvE.)

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
So I haven't played Diablo 3 in a loooong time and I am thinking about coming back, but I do have some questions:

- Can I get an invite into the new clan? I did add Dunfisch today, but dunno if he will see it :). Can I also get an invite into the discord, if that's possible?
- How is the necromancer? Is it worth to buy or not?
- And would someone, who is on EU, power level me perhaps? :D Already done :D

Battlenet ID: DrAg0nBoY#2687

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't played Diablo 3 in a loooong time and I am thinking about coming back, but I do have some questions:

- Can I get an invite into the new clan? I did add Dunfisch today, but dunno if he will see it :). Can I also get an invite into the discord, if that's possible?
- How is the necromancer? Is it worth to buy or not?
- And would someone, who is on EU, power level me perhaps? :D Already done :D

Battlenet ID: DrAg0nBoY#2687

Thanks

If you mention me as a user on Era, I'll get notified of that, so that's no issue. But I don't have the game installed. It's downloading now, and I'll add you into the clan as soon as it's done.

As for Necro, it's pretty fun as a class. Used to be undisputed champion for GRs for a bit, but the various set buffs have shifted the balance again. Still, there's quite a few interesting playstyles with the Necromancer. If you're looking for a fresh experience, go ahead.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I added you on BNet so didn't know if you will see me there :). Thank you for downloading the game just to add me to the clan :O.

Great, thanks for the Necro info. Bought it, but started with a Witch Doctor first. Will see if I will like it or not XD.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Since I'm easily bored, I'm planning to do solo GR100 on all classes this season

Done:
DH (stupidly easily)
Monk

90+:
Wiz
Barb
WD

Currently gearing on Crusader,

Then necro last.

I'm running out of stash lol

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is this franchise on life support? Seriously, the D3 sold over 30 million by 4 years ago. Any other company would have lost their shit over that but here we are with no Diablo 4 in sight.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
How is this franchise on life support? Seriously, the D3 sold over 30 million by 4 years ago. Any other company would have lost their shit over that but here we are with no Diablo 4 in sight.

No more monetization. The RMAH bombed the game's ratings, so they took it out. Don't put too much faith into the side-effect of better droprates as a result, the decision was presumably a financial one, due to pressure of negative publicity.

And these days, Blizzard(-Activision) does not do anything without monetization anymore. If it can't generate constant revenue, it's shoved onto the bench.

The Chinese developer for Immortal is known for horrible mobile bullshit mechanics, so you can bet your assistance there will be myriad ways to spend your cash.

I dream of a D4 where no monetization scheme exists, but that's a pipe dream.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I've just started playing this on the Switch, after picking it up in the sale that was on a few weeks back. I started off with the crusader and wasn't really feeling it, but I've spent all morning in bed playing with the edgy boi (Necromancer) and I'm in love with it. I haven't even faced off against the Skeleton King yet, but the abilities with this class are already so satisfying. Setting up skeleton warriors and mages to do massive amounts of DPS then setting off corpse bombs left and right is really satisfying, if overpowered as heck. I'm wiping out entire screens in seconds.

Between this and Final Fantasy XIV, I'm really starting to understand the appeal behind loot driven experiences this past month.

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No more monetization. The RMAH bombed the game's ratings, so they took it out. Don't put too much faith into the side-effect of better droprates as a result, the decision was presumably a financial one, due to pressure of negative publicity.

And these days, Blizzard(-Activision) does not do anything without monetization anymore. If it can't generate constant revenue, it's shoved onto the bench.

The Chinese developer for Immortal is known for horrible mobile bullshit mechanics, so you can bet your assistance there will be myriad ways to spend your cash.

I dream of a D4 where no monetization scheme exists, but that's a pipe dream.

There are ways to monetize without the RMAH and they should know that. But of course, it probably won't make AS MUCH money, so they aren't happy. Still, 30 million copies sold as of 4 years ago (so probably 35 to 40 million now). Even a shitty sequel should do 10 to 15 million and that still isn't enough. Says a lot about the current state of the industry.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I bet if they open the DIII in game shop like in China to other regions they might get players to play again.

I'd probably buy a wing or two.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
There are ways to monetize without the RMAH and they should know that. But of course, it probably won't make AS MUCH money, so they aren't happy. Still, 30 million copies sold as of 4 years ago (so probably 35 to 40 million now). Even a shitty sequel should do 10 to 15 million and that still isn't enough. Says a lot about the current state of the industry.

The ways of monetizing without the failed RMAH would mean cosmetics and / or stuff like XP boosts, which they have in China. Which brings us to...

I bet if they open the DIII in game shop like in China to other regions they might get players to play again.

I'd probably buy a wing or two.

This in turn isn't happening, or rather didn't happen because they knew the backlash it'd cause . I mean, I don't expect they'll add one in this late into the game's lifecycle, but who can tell. At the time, it would've burned all goodwill they had.

Since mictrotransactions are so commonplace now, you can be sure to expect some form of this in D4, at which point I'll be sad to see what has become of my beloved franchise.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else having problems with the game locking up right as it loads in? I can see the game field, but it just freezes and completely takes over the foreground of the video, so trying to switch to any other app, even task manager, is hidden behind a non-responsive Diablo. Makes it impossible to do anything but just reboot my computer (the Windows key still works, but the only thing I can access is the shut down commands, everything else is blocked from view).

I thought it was just a one-off at first, but it just happened again, so there's definitely something going on.

LeonLeon

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Chile
Hello! I'm your friendly and by what is soon to be former, EU Diablo 3 GAF Admin. The position was given to me by our grand lord and saviour, the one and only Yoshichan himself. I have taken the liberty at this time to snag the OT here - those who know me from EU Diablo will hopefully back me up in this :D .

As for the OT, this is just a placeholder message for the moment, but I'll get onto making a right proper OT soon.

Edit: the poll has served its purpose, "ERA" it is. Looks like clan tags aren't a unique thing.

We have both European and North American clans. In order to get into the EU clan, contact me here, and for the North American folks seek out Raticus79. And if it doesn't inconvene you too much, do add which region you play in if you post your battle.tag, rather than having us puzzle it out who goes where - about the only thing I'll ask of anyone : D !

We do have a Discord, quote this post to reveal.
[Hidden content]

For those of you who have been away from the game for a long time, or otherwise not informed, season 12 also brings sweeping balance changes across the board. That is to say, huge buffs. Have a look!The season starts on November 9, 5 PM CEST for EU and the same time for the NA players, as per PDT timezone. Asia too, at 5 PM KST.

I'll see you all in Sanctuary!

Dont mind me, replying for info.

Does ERA clan is active ATM?

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Dont mind me, replying for info.

Does ERA clan is active ATM?
Let me check the magic clan roster oracle.

Oracle says no activity in the last 20 days. Don't go getting your hopes up :( . Sad as it is, but even I, as clan admin, wouldn't expect much activity before D4 or D2HD are at least formally announced.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Finally done with Crusader, Monk, Wiz, DH, WD, Barb @ GR100

Now the last stretch, Necromancer

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing, but that's Blizzard's fault for not giving a fuck about Diablo outside of ports for more money.

Imagine if they cared as much for this game as the Path of Exile team which adds huge new features every few months.

Thing is PoE generates $$$ due to microtransactions, D3 (outside china) is a 1 time payoff.

Oct 29, 2017
I am probably going to go back and finish off guardian so I thought I would mention this. It won't be as important with the upcoming torment levels but whatever.

I see a lot of speedfarm builds for Uliana say to use Impending Doom. You should only use this if you are damage limited. Otherwise, always use Essence Burn. The reason being is this, Essence Burn is all DOT damage and as a result will only kill enemies after Gungdo applications. Enemies killed by EP explosions from other runes will not get a Gungdo application.

The end result is you get much greater coverage with Essence Burn. As in blow up the screen (and offscreen sometimes) coverage. It makes a very sexy lower-level gem leveling and rift key farming build as a result.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
LoN season? Hmmm

Are there even any pet-based LoN builds (that perform well that is)? :/

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Friend wants me to coop with him next season. Anyone know any builds good for coop grinding in high GRS?

Haven't played since 2nd season of necromancer.

Melhisedek

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I stopped playing somewhere before Necromancer and would love to try the game out, no plans on getting Necro yet, so what would be a good class to start playing. Which is easy to gear up so I can start trying to get gear for my other characters?

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
About to fire up a DH build for season 17. Should be on in about 30 minutes...or less.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I think if you look at the pushing builds, Crusader is probably the best start - Invoker 'Sader is very high tier this season - plus thats the class Haedrigs.

DH is also a pretty good start if you want to go Impale with it's Haedrigs Shadow set.

Draxx

Nov 17, 2017
I will be going Monk this season, Sunwoko is a very strong starter set and in terms of the WoL builds, the Lon set shares some items with the regular set build.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
welp. 3 primals today. 1 actually useful. Wraps of Clarity

I guess I've used my primal luck for the month.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to go necro and she has 0 survivability right now. She hits like a truck but I need to figure something out.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
j7OOjs0.jpg

After the journey grind, finally go the wings.

Now into the paragon and gear grind..

Draxx

Nov 17, 2017
I had a question about Haedrigs gift, I got a monk power level and in the process of being taken through some rifts I got my set. I have not completed any season chapters yet.

Can I complete the chapters on my monk but open the rewards on another char to get the rewards or are they tied to the character that completed the chapters?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I had a question about Haedrigs gift, I got a monk power level and in the process of being taken through some rifts I got my set. I have not completed any season chapters yet.

Can I complete the chapters on my monk but open the rewards on another char to get the rewards or are they tied to the character that completed the chapters?

Yes, the chapter rewards sit in your mailbox and you can claim them on any number of characters, the loot inside adapts to whoever claims the bag.

KodiakOak

Oct 27, 2017
First primal - Puzzle Ring.

God I hate RNG.

On the plus side, DH starter is so OP I'm already grinding out at T16 so hopefully wont be long until more Primals pop up.