• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So I finally started playing this for the first time in five years. Got my barb up to 70 and there's so much shit to absorb and it isn't all straight forward. Any good general basics guides you guys could suggest so I can start working on synergies, as well as general gearing guides? I'm playing a barb. Is icy veins a good resource?

eek

Oct 26, 2017
So I finally started playing this for the first time in five years. Got my barb up to 70 and there's so much shit to absorb and it isn't all straight forward. Any good general basics guides you guys could suggest so I can start working on synergies, as well as general gearing guides? I'm playing a barb. Is icy veins a good resource?
You playing regular or season? Probably best thing to do bounties and low level rifts after until you can get a couple set pieces

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
IcyVeins is very good, yeah. Kept up to date for every season and has lots of easy-to-follow guides for pretty much everything.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
You playing regular or season? Probably best thing to do bounties and low level rifts after until you can get a couple set pieces
Season. Seemed like the best jumping in point.

The biggest question mark for me is the difficulty. I can't seem to really determine when I should up the difficulty based on gear. I'm used to WoW where one thing gets you into another thing. So if you got a tier set you knew where to go and what content you could do next. Diablo doesn't seem to work that way.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
The biggest question mark for me is the difficulty. I can't seem to really determine when I should up the difficulty based on gear. I'm used to WoW where one thing gets you into another thing. So if you got a tier set you knew where to go and what content you could do next. Diablo doesn't seem to work that way.
What are you playing on now? At what paragon? In general, our guideline is to run GRs at a level such that you can clear them in just over 3m. We run three in a row, then turn-in cycle.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
What are you playing on now? At what paragon? In general, our guideline is to run GRs at a level such that you can clear them in just over 3m. We run three in a row, then turn-in cycle.
I just did a greater rift 70 for the seasonal achievement last night. I think it took like 10 minutes maybe?

So I should be shooting for 3 minute clears? So it's not really about beating the enemies it's about clearing them as fast as possible and I should lower the level until I can hit a time like 3 minutes? Doesn't the difficulty level effect what kinds of drops I get?

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Season. Seemed like the best jumping in point.

I just did a greater rift 70 for the seasonal achievement last night. I think it took like 10 minutes maybe?

So I should be shooting for 3 minute clears? So it's not really about beating the enemies it's about clearing them as fast as possible and I should lower the level until I can hit a time like 3 minutes? Doesn't the difficulty level effect what kinds of drops I get?
Yeah you so get more stuff but you'd definitely get more on 3 runs at a lower difficulty compared to 1 run in the same time if that makes sense

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
It does, but when you bump up the difficulty, mob stats absolutely skyrocket whereas legendary drop chances only increase modestly. That's why 3-4 minutes is a good rift clear time to shoot for. In general, while you're still getting your character build up and running, it's a lot better to be able to clear rifts quickly than at the highest possible difficulty, as that will give you the best return for your efforts.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
It does, but when you bump up the difficulty, mob stats absolutely skyrocket whereas legendary drop chances only increase modestly. That's why 3-4 minutes is a good rift clear time to shoot for. In general, while you're still getting your character build up and running, it's a lot better to be able to clear rifts quickly than at the highest possible difficulty, as that will give you the best return for your efforts.
This is super helpful.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
My roommate and I are about to get into playing Diablo III again on the PS4 (Reaper of Souls) after a long lay-over. The last time was when the Necromancer pack was released, so just over 3 years now.

We really didn't play a Necromancer at that time when released as we stopped right afterwards. I started up again this morning on my main account and realized how much I've missed out with it, as I find the Necromancer extremely fun. Only level 5 so far, but finding the Necromancer probably my second favorite class behind the Crusader right now, and that may even change the more I play it (it may become my favorite).

My roommate and I will probably have a marathon couch co-op session tomorrow, starting from scratch. We spent many weekend days a few years back and looking forward to getting into it again.

My roommate and I had purchased the Necromancer DLC for our main (PS+) accounts before, we didn't have them for our log-ins we were using for our couch co-op. We kept those separate from our main accounts as we wanted to gain trophies on our own accounts and also keep the Paragon levels separate, as well.

We never created Playstation accounts before for our co-op log-ins as we still received the free updates. When firing up my co-op log-in this morning and checking my Diablo III characters, I didn't have a Necromancer available. I was anticipating having to purchase the Necromancer pack for each account after making each co-op log-in a Playstation Network account. However, once they were created as PSN accounts, we had Necromancers automatically available to create. Nice surprise!

Not sure how that worked, but glad I didn't need to purchase the DLC for each PSN account.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The new season looks like it will be a lot of fun but it's coming at a bad time. I'll still play it a bit.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Any big changes? Think I skipped the last 2-3 seasons but might play this one

I've only messed around with the Necro on PTR so far. They made the new set viable. Bone spears are hitting hard. Also the cube will have a 4th slot for powers and when you click a pylon or shrine you will have a clone of your class spawn to help you decimate the grift/rift. I think the powers they have are random. Pretty cool.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I've only messed around with the Necro on PTR so far. They made the new set viable. Bone spears are hitting hard. Also the cube will have a 4th slot for powers and when you click a pylon or shrine you will have a clone of your class spawn to help you decimate the grift/rift. I think the powers they have are random. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to creating my Necro for season 22!

Any word yet on when that's supposed to start?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Looking forward to creating my Necro for season 22!

Any word yet on when that's supposed to start?

Late October early Nov is my guess. PTR ends in 2-3 days and it usually starts 1-2 weeks later. I can see them extend the PTR though, a streamer has expressed some concerns with the clones that may need to be fixed. They are too slow if you're playing a melee build to keep up and they get hung up on terrain sometimes.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Late October early Nov is my guess. PTR ends in 2-3 days and it usually starts 1-2 weeks later. I can see them extend the PTR though, a streamer has expressed some concerns with the clones that may need to be fixed. They are too slow if you're playing a melee build to keep up and they get hung up on terrain sometimes.

I am a console player (yes, I know, everyone says PC is better, but I like playing on my TV, sitting on my couch). I know PTR isn't done for console, which is fine, I just hope all the bug fixes make it to the console this season.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I am a console player (yes, I know, everyone says PC is better, but I like playing on my TV, sitting on my couch). I know PTR isn't done for console, which is fine, I just hope all the bug fixes make it to the console this season.
Seasons and patches are the same across all platforms. The only difference is that console seasons start world-wide at a fixed time (5 pm Pacific) whereas on pc it's tied to region (5 pm local time in Asia, Europe and America). They do start on the same date, though, so it's a minor inconvenience.

Consoles used to be one patch behind in content, but that ended years ago with the introduction of console seasons.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Seasons and patches are the same across all platforms. The only difference is that console seasons start world-wide at a fixed time (5 pm Pacific) whereas on pc it's tied to region (5 pm local time in Asia, Europe and America). They do start on the same date, though, so it's a minor inconvenience.

Consoles used to be one patch behind in content, but that ended years ago with the introduction of console seasons.

Well, if you read the Diablo III forums, there are complaints from the console forum on things that have never been patched (for bugs). We do receive all the updates, but some things have not been patched in. Like one thing, in the console you can't see the durability level of equipment.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
You can't? Never even noticed that.

If these bugs have been present for so long, I can't see them suddenly patching them now. I can't really say it bothers me, at least not like the lack of seasons and cosmetic stuff did years ago.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Playing d3 again as a doctor witch and it is so cool it has weather skill, sometimes during battle there is snowstorm or tornado

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
You can't? Never even noticed that.

If these bugs have been present for so long, I can't see them suddenly patching them now. I can't really say it bothers me, at least not like the lack of seasons and cosmetic stuff did years ago.

No, I don't anticipate Blizzard patching any long-standing bugs for the console. What I meant is I hope Blizzard makes the effort to make fixes for the console, for issues they find in the PTR.

Where they don't implement a PTR for the console, doesn't mean they can't patch the bugs (determined from the PTR for the PC) for the console, as well.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Man, I'm excited, fourth slot is crazy town. Maybe time to do another necro now that they're OP again, but think I'm onto Barb or Crus if I'm following my seasonal class rotation.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
4 Kanai's Cube slots, you say?
YyHnM9L.gif

Necro should be fun!

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Playing PoJ/Tempest Rush, starting higher GR pushes now that it's setup finally and I'm going for ancients. First primal drop: Nailbiter. FFFFFUUUU RNG.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to Diablo 3 for the new season is so much fun. Last season I made a GoD Dh, this time I'll go for the bonespear Necro. It's great but its really hard to get the most important item in the build, the Haunted Visions amulet. Without it you're very limited in power. I don't have it yet and I can only do around GR40 comfortably.

This is really the perfect game for me at the moment, even in short bursts of playtime of around 1 hour I can get some progress and things done.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Rolled a Monk this time. I don't think I recognize this season's Haedrig set, so I reckon it's the new one? Though it doesn't really matter; it's a fun class whatever set you use.

Actually remembered to do the Challenge Rift this time to help get the ball rolling. Almost tempted me roll a Wizard again. Almost.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting to get my new 65CX in. Have a back-up 32" LCD right now but my roommate and I find it more challenging to read the smaller text after a bit. Before my TV had died, had recently got into D3 again and looking forward to picking it back up!

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Went with a Wizzard, pretty fun actually. Some fun different builds from Hydra/Frozen Orb/Twister, also got a couple of primals early on that really helped me shoot up the ladder. Planning on finishing the season journey tonight so not sure I'll play be playing again after that, but I really had fun with this season.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Are these shadow clones supposed to disappear when you switch to the next rift area? Feels like a bug.

They could also use their own icon that shows how long they will last.

It seems like a super situational bonus anyway, if quite powerful (they one-shot elites and rift guardians for example). The real bonus is the 4th cube slot.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Are these shadow clones supposed to disappear when you switch to the next rift area? Feels like a bug.
They're kinda buggy, yeah. I've had some that just died on the spot as they were summoned, as well as the problem you mentioned.

It seems like a super situational bonus anyway, if quite powerful (they one-shot elites and rift guardians for example).
Honestly, the single best thing about them is that you can use them to carry you to level 70 in about an hour by finding shrines on Torment VI and having them wipe the floor with mobs. I'm very glad the season has the 4th cube slot as an additional bonus, because the clones' usefulness drops like a stone once you get a certain point into the endgame.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Which build are you running? I'm comfortable on the PoJ Tempest Rush GR push setup but need a speed farm, and the Sunwoku Tempest Rush is just too much coordination for me right now, probably because my gems aren't high enough. Need to do some heavy GR work.
Haven't decided yet. Cashed in the first Haedrig's Gift to get access to the early Torments quicker, but from that point on I like to play by the seat of my pants, using whatever the game throws at me and see how far it gets me.

When I finally hit that wall, I will likely go with PoJ if only because I haven't used it yet and channeling builds are always fun.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I was trying this game again and saw something weird I'd never seen before(been a long time since playing). A character appeared in my game and it was like a kind of shadow version. The field turned all kind of greenish color and I had no idea what was going on. Then after a couple of minutes it disappeared. This was in the starting area of the game

Edit: Figured out that it has something to do with shrines making a clone. Guess that's new

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying this game again and saw something weird I'd never seen before(been a long time since playing). A character appeared in my game and it was like a kind of shadow version. The field turned all kind of greenish color and I had no idea what was going on. Then after a couple of minutes it disappeared. This was in the starting area of the game

Edit: Figured out that it has something to do with shrines making a clone. Guess that's new

You might want to read up on each season's effects.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Which build are you running? I'm comfortable on the PoJ Tempest Rush GR push setup but need a speed farm, and the Sunwoku Tempest Rush is just too much coordination for me right now, probably because my gems aren't high enough. Need to do some heavy GR work.

I did PoJ with echoing fury and vengeful wind, Rechel's ring of larceny instead of convention of elements (works with the fear from echoing fury), and nemesis bracers instead of the cyclone strike shoulders. MoC:annihilation instead of serenity, and so on. Mix up depending on how much move speed is comfortable - it actually gets a bit hard to play at extremes.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Gotta love the power creep when you complete your first set. Killing Belial at T4 was the last challenge I needed and it literally took me 5 minutes because my damage output was so low (even though my survivability was fine). I completed the set, jumped straight into T8 and everything still melts around me.

The only thing that keeps me from advancing further is that my damage now far outstrips my durability. So time to work on that.

And for the love of God, Kadala, could you drop a legendary belt already? Preferably Kyoshiro's Soul? (Edit: Thanks, Kadala!)

I like the looks of the PoJ set. A bit garish, but it combines well with angelic wings cosmetic and the angelic goblin pet from a few seasons ago.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Currently at T10, but that was before looting Mantle of Channeling, so I'm probably able to go higher already. Damage certainly hasn't been a problem yet; just the occasional damage that slips through the gaps that all but one-shots me.

I've looked at the season progress and most challenges can be grinded out easily enough. The conquests may be a bit of a problem. What ones did you guys do? The gems one is a no-brainer, but then... the "clear this list of bosses in under 20 minutes from starting the game" perhaps? And maybe the "clear GR55 with 6 class sets"? I've been wanting to start a Wizard anyway (already have the Gem of Ease leveled and ready), so it should be feasible, if quite a bit of extra work all things considered.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I always stall out on set dungeons which I hate with a passion equal to a million suns. Then I'll finish everything up but the speedruns and get to them later in the season. Shadowlands has stalled my D3 progression a bit.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Currently at T10, but that was before looting Mantle of Channeling, so I'm probably able to go higher already. Damage certainly hasn't been a problem yet; just the occasional damage that slips through the gaps that all but one-shots me.

I've looked at the season progress and most challenges can be grinded out easily enough. The conquests may be a bit of a problem. What ones did you guys do? The gems one is a no-brainer, but then... the "clear this list of bosses in under 20 minutes from starting the game" perhaps? And maybe the "clear GR55 with 6 class sets"? I've been wanting to start a Wizard anyway (already have the Gem of Ease leveled and ready), so it should be feasible, if quite a bit of extra work all things considered.

I did
-Gem
-Boss Mode
-Clear GR55 with 6 sets

I keep any set items that drop on my DH and Necro so that was pretty easy.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Currently at T13 and GR60 with my Monk, but I'm confident the changes I made today will let me go higher and at the very least let me tackle the GR70 I need for the seasonal journey. After that it's all about grinding out the gem levels, doing the conquests (😭) and of course kill Greed.

Here's my current build if anyone is interested:

D3planner - Maxroll.gg - Diablo 3 Resource Website Season 28

D3Planner is a character build tool for Diablo 3. Evaluate, compare and share your individual setups for Diablo 3 Season 28!

It's the Icy-Veins PoJ build, but with a few differences. In particular I decided to cube Kyoshiro's Soul and wield Vengeful Wind and Won Khim Lau. Both are 'only' Ancient Legendaries, but I used Ramaladni's Gift on them regardless since I already had 3 and I always save them for the Primals I never get in the first place.

I also use a Invigorating Gemstone for the sole purpose of being able to run through rifts unimpaired, save for the occasional Waller elite.