• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the new clan shorthand be?

• RERA

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ResEra

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • RTE

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Duh, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • ERA

Votes: 65 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Hello! I'm your friendly and by what is soon to be former, EU Diablo 3 GAF Admin. The position was given to me by our grand lord and saviour, the one and only Yoshichan himself. I have taken the liberty at this time to snag the OT here - those who know me from EU Diablo will hopefully back me up in this :D .

As for the OT, this is just a placeholder message for the moment, but I'll get onto making a right proper OT soon.

Edit: the poll has served its purpose, "ERA" it is. Looks like clan tags aren't a unique thing.

We have both European and North American clans. In order to get into the EU clan, contact me here, and for the North American folks seek out Raticus79. And if it doesn't inconvene you too much, do add which region you play in if you post your battle.tag, rather than having us puzzle it out who goes where - about the only thing I'll ask of anyone : D !

We do have a Discord, quote this post to reveal.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
For those of you who have been away from the game for a long time, or otherwise not informed, season 12 also brings sweeping balance changes across the board. That is to say, huge buffs. Have a look!The season starts on November 9, 5 PM CEST for EU and the same time for the NA players, as per PDT timezone. Asia too, at 5 PM KST.

I'll see you all in Sanctuary!

Last edited:

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EYYYYY

I don't know what we should go with actually. None of those 3 options sound good to me. I was hoping to wait for the dust to settle and see if an official shorthand for ResetEra would rise, but I understand we're short on time.

StriderERA

Oct 25, 2017
USA
D3RA... idk I'm good with whatever lol

Either way it's good to be here. Exciting times. Thanks to those getting everyone moved over. Is highly appreciated.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we're going with "RERA", might I suggest we spell it "rERA" instead? Just a tiny detail, but I like it better that way, and people can shorten it to ERA when talking about it.

Assuming we can't have ERA of course.

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, naturally I'll have to take the whole thing under scrutiny, see what's possible. If clan tags aren't required to be a one-off, I'd just go with ERA. That tag exists already though, so nothing for it but to see once I get to creating the new clan.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this patch more than the necro, lol. This is going to be a good season.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
ERA feels like it's the best option, but if that can't be used then 'rERA' with the small r would be close second.

See you guys again on start of the next season on EU-side. :D

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
November 5... there are too many games these weeks. Not sure if I'll be there on day 1.

Of course I will be there, who I'm trying to fool.

And my vote for ERA.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
excited to play DH, again with the new patch.

Dia3ra sounds terrible.

(I like both ERA and 3RA)

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Been an exciting evening. Amidst Destiny 2, the forum migration, the prospect of leaving the old and creating the new clan... well, that's me out for the first night. Much to come!

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Looking very forward to S12, but I have absolutely no idea what class I will be settling on. So many choices....

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On the NA side, I have [REF] and [ERA] set aside. Transferred the old clan to an alt.
Edit: looks like ERA won.

Last edited:

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
how are we planning on moving, just switching to the new clan?

second, is the D3 discord active - the clan in game is dead - which is expected between seasons, I just cleared out my season stuff today and no one was on, and the discord link in the announcements expired.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
how are we planning on moving, just switching to the new clan?

second, is the D3 discord active - the clan in game is dead - which is expected between seasons, I just cleared out my season stuff today and no one was on, and the discord link in the announcements expired.

It's not particularly active, though it has been the last couple days. It comes and goes with the seasons mostly, same with clan activity. Should pick up a bit when S12 starts I'll PM you an invite to the discord

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For Americas:
I've updated the MOTD on the old clan and added a note. Search for <ERA>, leave the current one and request an invitation and we'll get you in.

Last edited:

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Hello my dear friends. Glad this whole verification/registration process is over now...

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ERA!

DNBRrDTX0AA8BvD.jpg:large

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
So I was just browsing bnet store from the app to buy the necro pack, I noticed you can buy d2 and war3 directly from the app now, I think they weren't here before, and they both have a brand new icon that fits the style of everything else on the store. A sign of upcoming announcements?

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys. Hopefully we'll get an expansion soon so I can fire it up again. I know it won't happen but hey. It's one of my most played games ever... :/

OP
OP
Dunfisch

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
PSA:

This is it. I have left the old clan and created an EU ResetEra Diablo 3 clan. It is at this time not set as looking for members, so if you search for "ResetEra EU" or via the "ERA" tag - and yes, we got that one - then you presumably won't find anything.

One thing of importance - you cannot be in more than one clan at a time, nor can you be invited to another while you are so. Thus you must leave the GAF clan if you wish to move to ResetEra.

I have however extracted the full list of all members of the previous clan, so nothing is lost. I will hand out invites to people I know well and see where I go from there. A lot of folks don't really play the game anymore, so there will be a lot of absentees too.

There is one issue regarding the old clan - I cannot leave it Leaderless, so leadership has been given to Gegz, some of you may know him well from the old days. As unfortunate as it is, if he decides to leave too, then the clan might disband entirely.

I hope that despite this rough transition, we all can enjoy slaying demons and watch loot fountain all over - see you in Sanctuary!

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have access to a PC at the moment, if I'm still in the PC GAF clan (I haven't played in a few seasons due to aforementioned lack of PC) can an admin in there kick me out? lol

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't post under this name on gaf, but I was in the clan (usually active around the start of most seasons, as I imagine most people were). Would love to join the new clan!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a PS4 clan? Season 11 was my first season. Looking forward to the next one. This is more fun than I expected!

Lain

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really should get back to play a bit of D3. I could use this coming season as a reason.