werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember DF being very impressed with its performance when it first came out. They even called it the definitive portable release.

Just found the article: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...tter-than-last-gen-and-a-brilliant-conversion

Sounds like in portable mode, it varies between 540p & 720p and does a good job at maintaining 60fps unless there's crazy numbers of mobs & effects on screen & then it can drop as low as in the 40s. Visuals are better than the 360/PS3 versions, but not as good as PS4/Xbox One. Sounds like a great port.

Will probably grab it in the next big discount.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
S27 is coming up soon so it's a nice update. I've played various xbox version the last few few years more than my pc copy which I only grind early league than get out once I get to high GRs.
I have probably played more of the Xbox version too. Controls work so well haha. Season 27? Holy crap that's lots of seasons hah. Will jump in again!

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
It already looks and runs very well on the One X version, should be close to perfect now!

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
This took friggin forever to fix but it looks great now with the much sharper 4K resolution, textures look more crisp with none of the aliasing that was there at 1080p.

The auto HDR enhances the color depth as well although I had to lower the brightness a bit.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
How can you tell if the update has been applied? I don't see anything that indicates it has and doesn't have any x|s enhanced notification.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Part of me is considering picking this up while it's on sale, but I can't help but feel I'll kick myself once it's eventually on Game Pass.

I've already put hundreds of hours into D3 across PC, PS4, and Switch since 2012. So it's not exactly like I'd be missing anything I hadn't played before…

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
How can you tell if the update has been applied? I don't see anything that indicates it has and doesn't have any x|s enhanced notification.

The game runs in backwards compatibility mode on the Series console which is why you don't see a X|S Optimized badge, similar to how Jedi Fallen Order had an update to accommodate the new consoles but it didn't get an optimized patch until later on.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
The game runs in backwards compatibility mode on the Series console which is why you don't see a X|S Optimized badge, similar to how Jedi Fallen Order had an update to accommodate the new consoles but it didn't get an optimized patch until later on.
Thanks was expecting to see the badge. I can definitely see the difference in the character models.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica

It looks significantly more "crispy and crystal clear and like if you could touch the characters and monsters with your hands if you get 2 inches in front of the TV" ...clear.

Shame that some textures are still lower res, but the game always looked amazing at 4K in the One X and now on the Series X.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
It looks significantly more "crispy and crystal clear and like if you could touch the characters and monsters with your hands if you get 2 inches in front of the TV" ...clear.

Shame that some textures are still lower res, but the game always looked amazing at 4K in the One X and now on the Series X.
The gear/skill menu is super low rez, alongside the combat health bar, and skill icons.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
looks pretty great on my 1440p monitor, only picked up after the update so nothing to compare it to

Had fun playing again, first time I actually complete season objectives and my monk went from like 1 to 10000 with the legendary gear reward...which sounds nice but kind of sucks as I have nothing to do or grind for now as I can sole everything lol

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Picked this up the day the patch dropped. Went from level 1to 70, Paragon 200, Torment X, in a couple of days. I REALLY should not have caved 😀

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up the day the patch dropped. Went from level 1to 70, Paragon 200, Torment X, in a couple of days. I REALLY should not have caved 😀
I was really enjoying the season objectives,did not expect the power curb to skyrocket with the 6 piece set bonus. I struggled to do the Greater Rift level 20 on time for the objective and now can Solo a level 70 while drinking coffee lol