• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Still not dark enough!
This is the artwork I wanted:
country-quilt-dark.png

how much more black could this be? The answer is none. None more black.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
D3 didn't look like WoW. :lol: That's a hot take from almost a decade ago. These games look like WoW. The main issue with D3, after the artwork backlash, was the gameplay that took a couple years to fix. Secondary concerns over auction house too.

i also had problems with the art design and i played through all of diablo 3. it looking like WoW might be a little exaggerated but it definitely felt cartoony and the writing did too.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
was blizzard this leaky in the past
They have been, yeah. We knew about WotLK at least a couple days before BlizzCon announcement, and I think a couple other expansions as well. We also had a pretty solid idea about Diablo 3 beforehand. The last time I think people were really blown away by a surprise announcement was Overwatch. No one knew that one was coming, or if they did then they had no idea what it was.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm genuinely curious to know whether this "leak" - and all the leaks in general - are not just controlled efforts of a company attempting to improve its public stock and image after all that's happened. (I'm sure this isn't a unique take and that others have mused the same).

The renaissance artwork, for what it is, looks amazing -- but definitely not going to jump into this one early.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I'm genuinely curious to know whether this "leak" - and all the leaks in general - are not just controlled efforts of a company attempting to improve its public stock and image after all that's happened. (I'm sure this isn't a unique take and that others have mused the same).

The renaissance artwork, for what it is, looks amazing -- but definitely not going to jump into this one early.

Some of it could have been controlled leak (e.g. that Reddit leaker with 100% accuracy on leaks), but whole art book being shipped out early by random retailer? I doubt Blizz went full tinfoil to arrange that or we can always think that poster is from Blizz.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, wasn't expecting the art to look so good. That's some fantastic stuff, character/monster designs included. Looking forward to seeing how it translates.

Khatoz

Oct 27, 2017
Do hope they get a good balance between having a world full of ruin, suffering and despair and just creating something with only grays and blacks thinking it will be the same.