• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it. They are also seemingly much bigger, maybe even open? Characters now are able to ride horses (possibly other mounts), also there's contextual interaction with environment ? - climbing a wall Lost Ark style. Blood splatters look more like blood and not splashed jam too.

So far i can confirm 3 classes: mage (uses fire, ice and lightning so far), barbarian (swords, clubs, axes, kicks etc), and druid (lightning, wind, and transforming into beasts - so far bear and werewolf!).

Possibly there will be PvP from the start?. 4 player coop is there for sure.

All this game seems to be is a W I N K to the Diablo 2 fans, Lilith being the new diablo (she's covered in blood veil kinda), characters being shown sitting at a campfire as character selection, nitty gritty dark style that 2 was praised for, some skills also seem to be just taken from it and put in here (like sorceress' charged bolt). I'm interested and hope they don't fuck this up. The company is bad, but the game might not be this time.

2 points with "?" are just because it's not clear to me tbh... let's see what they say at the conference

no date yet too.. sorry.. If any questions I will answer later

ZhugeEX corroborates the details of the rumor, same poster also has a strong track record on a bunch of other game leaks.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, reads nice to far, great to have the Druid back, though i hope they also add the Necro.

And fucking heck Blizzard, please change you politics already.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They brought back Druid, but how about Amazon? LET HER BACK IN.

The rest sounds great. Wonder if the console version will release simultaneously with PC.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
More open areas is not what I want from Diablo, transversal in D3 was a slog at times. No loot system details, so this does nothing for me.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
They use the word "dark" and "gritty" so many times that I already feel lazy towards the game and I haven't even seen it.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is some goooooooooooooooooooood shit

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a simultaneous console release. Gotta play this with 2 friends like we played Diablo 3 together.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diablo fans, please don't give Blizzard a pass just for this game.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't contain the hype.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED FROM DIABLO 4.

I WANT TO KILL SHIT WITH A GRITTY, DARK ATMOSPHERE, AND DRUID MY WAY INTO THE GAME!!

BETTER COMBAT ?? HOW ????????

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Is dark and gritty what Diablo fans are after then? Genuine question as I've only played 3 (which I enjoyed very much)

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Diablo fans, please don't give Blizzard a pass just for this game.
Like they did for D3 and Diablo Immortal?

Going too Grimdark is a bit OTT. Diablo 3 wasn't exactly bright and cheery, especially in RoS. How will they handle the blue champions/yellow elites?

I loved D2 and D3, just have something in the middle.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The aesthetic of Diablo 3 did not bother me at all, and while I kinda like Druid none of those classes excite me. Hopefully we get either some cool new classes or some better returning classes.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It's also so funny to me how there's a very vocal contingent of people who insist Diablo 3 isn't visually off-putting or cartoony despite even Blizzard thinking it is. It's cool to like D3's art, but it's definitely not even close to the aesthetic of the first two games.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's also so funny to me how there's a very vocal contingent of people who insist Diablo 3 isn't visually off-putting or cartoony despite even Blizzard thinking it is. It's cool to like D3's art, but it's definitely not even close to the aesthetic of the first two games.
Please, people talk about Diablo 3 as if it were Fortnite or Splatoon. It is less dark than Diablo 2 but people exaggerate a lot.

(I prefer Diablo 3).

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Interaction with environment sounds good, and should be a natural evolution to the gameplay of ARPG. Having basic things like water on ground that causes lightning damage to spread and intensified on water for example.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it.

woah, this is looking good for a Diablo 1 fan here.

They are also seemingly much bigger, maybe even open? Characters now are able to ride horses (possibly other mounts)

why???
Maybe it is my fault, but I "comb" through everything in Diablo. Making it open would make this boring. I would probably have to change my playstyle.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm sure Lilith will be the main antagonist of Diablo 4, and that Diablo won't come from outta nowhere like an RKO to be the final boss again.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Does anyone know if Diablo 4 will be on consoles at launch or will there be a big gap between the PC and console release like there was for Diablo 3 for consoles?

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
You know, going back to dark and gritty is nice and all but I felt like they put the wrong emphasis on what to learn and not learn from D3, because as far I'm concerned, D3 has FAR, FAR bigger issues than not being dark and gritty, like the terrible progression in character builds, weak endgame activities, shitty itemization, lack of trading, and so on.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest fear is actually following the Diablo 2 mold TOO much, if I can't get a fully realized but of course not optimized build in 20 hours per season the game is doing something wrong I think. Would love if they have a grindier mode for those that want it, while I can play on about D3 pace.

Rifts, Greater Rifts and Bounties I found way more fun than Baal runs. And some people just dont have nolife time anymore.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Rifts, Greater Rifts and Bounties I found way more fun than Baal runs. And some people just dont have nolife time anymore.

Oh yeah man, absolutely. Diablo 2 was great, but nearly every game you joined was a Meph, Baal or Pindleskin run. Rifts and stuff in Diablo 3 are just so much better.