• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
JustMaku said:
If you don't know what an amiibo is, it's a delightful new creation from Nintendo that blends both toy and game alike. If plugged into right games, Amiibos can unlock new modes, characters and features.

Based on datamined information from the Switch version of the game Diablo 3 will support 3 types of Amiibo:
  • Default/Generic Amiibo
  • Treasure Goblin Amiibo
  • Demon Amiibo
The first two will spawn a portal leading to some location (controlled by server so can't be datamined) while the demon amiibo will spawn a powerful demon on the map. To prevent abuse, there's currently a cooldown on each type of the summon:
  • 22 hours (1320 minutes) for portals
  • 45 minutes for demons.
amiibos can be used in both local and online mode.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/9sc9a1/datamined_details_about_amiibo_support_on_the/

The portal is presumably to Greed's Domain.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if I get to pop down portals in co-op boss fights, that would be something.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
We will probably hear more information about that on the first day of Blizzcon as the Switch version launches the same day.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Missed opportunity for some class Amiibo. I'd buy them in a heartbeat - even with no intention of quadruple-dipping on DIII on Switch.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
My ears are honed and trained to listen out for the distinctive cackle of treasure goblins, whether they drop gold, blood shards, gems, loot or just opening up a portal to their special den.

I then go all Goblin Slayer on them to get my reward...

D3 amiibo are an interesting idea I guess...

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
well there it is :) looks kinda cute. but I guess a lot of people will not like it because it is not true to the in-game model

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
but I guess a lot of people will not like it because it is not true to the in-game model

Count me in on that. I mean, I genuinely couldn't tell you this would be supposed to be from Diablo 3 if I didn't know already. Also is that gold somehow leaking through the bottom of the treasure sack? I understand the need for some support element but that looks dumb to me.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
looks like they just glued an amiibo base to their "cute but deadly" figure

41E7dC0iBXL.jpg

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
well there it is :) looks kinda cute. but I guess a lot of people will not like it because it is not true to the in-game model

Done. Bought and sold.

I loves me some Diablo 3 and as much as I want the Switch version, my Vita Remote Play has been my handheld Diablo 3 experience for nearly 2 years now and I hate sot art over a third time with my characters (PC, PS4, then NS).

looks like they just glued an amiibo base to their "cute but deadly" figure

41E7dC0iBXL.jpg
Wow, yeah. That's, umm... not a very exclusive way to make an Amiibo.