• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 29, 2022
A Diablo Immortal player by the name of YouTuber jtisallbusiness reportedly can't find matches anymore due to how strong he became after spending $100,00 in the game:

Over the weekend, Diablo Immortal YouTuber jtisallbusiness asked viewers if he should try to refund his $100,000 account as a result of the issue. He claimed that he spent so much money immediately following the game's release that he was able to easily overpower almost every opponent in the game's PVP Battlegrounds mode. As a result, he had hundreds of wins and only a few losses, pumping up his MMR (match-making rank) so high it became impossible to queue with anyone else. "I would say it's probably around, somewhere around 48 to 72 hours somewhere in between that of only trying to queue for a Battleground and never being able to get one," he said.

kotaku.com

Diablo Immortal Player Says He Can’t Get A Match After Spending $100,000 [Update]

After paying to win, the YouTuber has been bugged out of a major end game event

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evu5Q-HljhI

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Moron pats money to be the best player ever at the game and it then mad when his power is unmatched because nobody else wants to dump that much money in…. Whut?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
He claimed that he spent so much money immediately following the game's release that he was able to easily overpower almost every opponent in the game's PVP Battlegrounds mode. As a result, he had hundreds of wins and only a few losses, pumping up his MMR (match-making rank) so high it became impossible to queue with anyone else

OGbXhG8.png

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like a dipshit contributing to some of gamings biggest problems.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Dude spent $100k, it's gonna take a while for all the people not dropping fat stacks of cash to catch up.

Oct 29, 2017
And he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Isn't this guy a streamer? So he spent this money to generate content for his job. It's not some rando with a 9-to-5 dropping $100,000 on the game just because.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
You really can't make this shit up, now whales are complaining about not having plebs to bully around.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i know whales are in the wild and somebody out there probably paid more in whatever game

but ... $100k holy shit

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
People struggling to pay their medical bills and this clown drops six figures on microtransactions and has the gall to ask for a refund.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So if he can't do anymore matches, he just won at the game, hence they're called pay to win.
But imagine having 100k+ and just spending it on a mobile game… He even talk about refunding so it's not his first time.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
I think the takeaway here is that money spent isn't just cosmetic (no matter what the devs say). Haven't been keeping up with the company line, but I thought that the scuttle around this game was that progression is severely limited by the amount one spends. If this guy is saying that he can't even queue up because he's so OP from spending, that kinda deads the whole "paying money to win isn't a thing", thing.

I play clash royale on mobile sometimes, and I could spend 10k and become the most swagged out player in the game and not be one percent better than I was spending zero dollars. My 5.00 a month battle pass might unlock my boxes faster, but my nephew who pays NOTHING will/can defeat me 💯 of the time. That's fair. Sounds like Diablo is dirty.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I like video games, but there are better ways to spend/invest $100k that will make you even more money.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Well now we know where 0.1% of that revenue comes from.

How many others do you think have spent this much?

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
They ain't gonna refund shit. Absolutely never. Doesn't matter if you spend $5 or $100,000

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is, like 2 years ago he would get the refund with no problem,but Google changed their policy and it's not possible to get any refund unless you deal with it directly with the developer.

May 24, 2021
"Jtisallbusiness contacted Blizzard about the issue almost a month ago, and said he was eventually told the problem would be addressed in a couple weeks."

Gotta make sure those whales have a steady supply of F2P fodder to bulldoze so they can get their dopamine rush.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Owning the big bad video game publisher by spending six figures on their F2P title, classic move.