• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
So this one isn't in house, suggesting Blizzard is making at least three mobile games, since this isn't a board game or an MMORTS.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
Seems a lot of you in this thread that hate the idea of Diablo on mobile are just out of touch, to put it simply. You don't even realise what a megaton this is. This has me hype beyond belief and it's gonna do the Diablo franchise so much good.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0e4.gif

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
The point that is being missed here heavily:

THIS IS AN MMOARPG! AN ALWAYS ONLINE MOBILE ONLINE ACTION RPG!

Repeat after me.

An always Online. Mobile. MMO. Action. RPG. Diablo. On Mobile.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks good to me, some of y'all need to stop getting so stressed over phone games.

It's so weird seeing people trip over themselves to express disgust about a mobile game like there aren't great games on mobile.

Y'all really think Blizzard is just going to poop out a crappy mobile Diablo game?

I'm 21, most mobile games suck. Even getting over the real time problem and focusing on turn based stuff they usually fall in to the MT trap and completely ruin it

Oh, this is 100% going to be a gacha style game, but that don't mean it'll be a bad game.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
If they had more Diablo games, they should at least announce them to ease out the rage. Not like this....

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The poor presenter started stumbling over his words almost immediately, as though collapsing under the global psychic assault of angry Diablo fans.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
No matter how good it looks ... something we all fear:

It's free to download and then IAP time

"Would you like to buy 5 keys for $9.99" to run your next greater rift?

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'll tell you this... i don't like it, but it does make sense that this type of game would fit modern mobile environments.

So, yeah... not actually surprised. Just disappointed.

This WILL make obscene amounts of money though.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diablo® Immortal™ is a mobile Massively Multiplayer Online Action RPG (MMOARPG) developed by Blizzard Entertainment in partnership with NetEase, coming exclusively to Android, iPhone and iPad.

Experience the world of Sanctuary in a persistent, always-online adventure anywhere, anytime.

Join a worldwide community as you battle side by side to vanquish ancient evils, explore perilous dungeons, and of course, get legendary loot.
I think LMAORPG is more fitting

Fanatic

Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I... I just can't...

As someone that logged thousands of hours in the franchise this announcement was just pure disappointment.

Feels like Blizzard is not making games anymore for the people that helped build their company. Sigh.

It does look good for a mobile game though, but feels really bad that I'm going to miss out on the lore...

Krozur

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that still has their Diablo Battle Chest and triple dipped on Diablo 3. Do not want.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's not for me, but I hope it's good for the people that want it

Just can't do virtual gamepad controls on a touchscreen.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who plays a few mobile ARPG (Marvel Future Fight, Dungeon Hunter Champions) this is not a bad thing if they know what they're doing in the mobile market.

They can just jam Diablo onto mobile. They need to have autoplay daily farming options, and big "worldboss" style rands to act as endgame content.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
My heart sank when looking at the reveal. In contrast to how much care and attention went to Warcraft III: Reforged, this crummy mobile game looks like they retooled the DIII engine and called it a day.

Polynaut

Oct 27, 2017
I think this looks great! And guys... you know that just because this exists doesn't mean Diablo IV is never coming out... right? You must know that....

right?

The way y'all act, makes it seem like you believe this is the sequel to DIII or something...

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Diablo is the type of game that could totally work with a touch screen if the game's mechanics and character abilities were designed around that. Sadly, the game will probably be chock-full of pay-to-win shit.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Oh damn they are a bit tone deaf, not even a mention of Diablo 4 or Diablo 2 Remastered, that was a bad move.
I hope it comes to PC though, that framerate looks rough.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I wish it was a D4, or a D2 remaster, since I never finished that game at the time.

But I liked Gameloft Dungeon Hunter games on iOS like 8 years ago, so Diablo game like that sounds good to me.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Wow, Diablo at my fingertips... hmm, already had that with a controller in my hand, though, but whatever. Not what I wanted.

udllpn

Oct 28, 2017
They are using their resources in this, when they could be developing something much more ambitious.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Diablo slipping more and more into the realm of irrelevancy next to Path of Exile.

Press F for respect indeed.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
I understand why they would create this, but it seems like a strange place to announce it. Do the people in attendance get excited by something like this?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I... I just can't...

As someone that logged thousands of hours in the franchise this announcement was just pure disappointment.

Feels like Blizzard is not making games anymore for the people that helped build their company. Sigh.

It does look good for a mobile game though, but feels really bad that I'm going to miss out on the lore...
I don't agree things like the WC3 remaster seems like they are, It's inevitable that diablo 2 will be remastered, I wish it was now but it will happen. I also really don't get the hate for the mobile version, it looks pretty decent.

Diablo slipping more and more into the realm of irrelevancy next to Path of Exile.

Press F for respect indeed.
lol diablo will always be more relevant than path of exile.