• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Harnzyy

Mar 8, 2018
The more I look at and learn about this game, the more I'm digging its existence, AS LONG AS IT PLAYS WELL. And they're swearing up and down that they nailed the control scheme for this.
I'm not as devoted/tied to this franchise as I am to Blizzard's other biggies (Warcraft, Overwatch, Hearthstone) so I'm not lamenting the absence of the next main Diablo game at this BlizzCon. I just know that I have fun blowing up monsters with fast-paced action in D3, and if they can translate that fun to a decent mobile game on my phone, I'll happily keep an open mind and try it out.

And I agree with whoever said it above: I really don't think we're getting a D4 that is essentially an enhanced D3. It's going to be built on a radically different monetization model, I think, being a loot-driven game.

edit-

lol holy shit, I just looked at Path of Exile screens for the first time. It rips Diablo's UI wholesale, or am I crazy?
Path of exile is awesome. You should check it out

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't (conveniently) have much time for Q&A - and most of it was non-answers.
It feels like they can't really tell much about Immortal yet - and wont talk about anything else.

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played an A-RPG on mobile where the controls didn't feel clunky and unnatural. Touch screens aren't designed for that type of quick trigger response imo

I'm not a die-hard Diablo fan but if this means we get more real games on mobile I'm all for it

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should we also ban every thread with people excited for a game they haven't played? Why exactly is "this looks like garbage" a less valuable opinion than "THIS LOOKS GREAT!"

Because the extremity of the reaction is absurd. "I'm excited!" Is a positive, inclusive, fun way to bond. "This company just murdered my dreams by making a game I didn't tell them to make and I didn't play yet" is speculative, negative and uninformed.

The game may yet be terrible, but the baseline here is absurd.

Oct 27, 2017
Because the extremity of the reaction is absurd. "I'm excited!" Is a positive, inclusive, fun way to bond. "This company just murdered my dreams by making a game I didn't tell them to make and I didn't play yet" is speculative, negative and uninformed.

The game may yet be terrible, but the baseline here is absurd.

You don't get to make arguments with a logical statement and then try and compare it to a hyperbole. The criticism of this announcement is completely fair. If Bethesda had closed their press conference this year with 'Blades,' that would've caused an uproar. These company throws these events because they want to excite their fanbase.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't get to make arguments with a logical statement and then try and compare it to a hyperbole. The criticism of this announcement is completely fair. If Bethesda had closed their press conference this year with 'Blades,' that would've caused an uproar. These company throws these events because they want to excite their fanbase.

It's a video game. Full stop. People are acting like Blizzard burned their house down. I've been playing games since the C64 days and moments like this make me ashamed to be a gamer.

Ya'll don't need to play this game! It is not compulsory! I love Diablo, also. I will probably not play this phone game. I do not feel the need to wail about it.

It's is hyperbole. It's the very definition of hyperbole and it's damaging, negative, exclusive and exhausting.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Wow, the reddit forum for Path of Exile went from its usual content of being full of threads showing off near-perfect items & asking for game improvements to mostly threads from new players & threads from old players giving tips to new players. I bet GGG is in full party mode.

This is legitimately great to see, and I'm glad to see PoE is getting a boon out of this. Great game that deserves more recognition tbqh.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a video game. Full stop. People are acting like Blizzard burned their house down. I've been playing games since the C64 days and moments like this make me ashamed to be a gamer.

Ya'll don't need to play this game! It is not compulsory! I love Diablo, also. I will probably not play this phone game. I do not feel the need to wail about it.

It's is hyperbole. It's the very definition of hyperbole and it's damaging, negative, exclusive and exhausting.

What I'm saying is, there's plenty of people out there with negative criticism that isn't a hyperbole and I think it's within their rights to show disappointment.

I don't condone any threats to anyone's lives but for the most part, what I'm seeing out there is a passionate fanbase responding the way a fanbase would if the company produces something that shows a complete disconnect with what the audience wants. I don't think they should sit down and quietly take it. I think they deserve to let their voices be heard.

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think blizzard has the ability to remove dislikes. However I'm quite sure the YouTube algorithm removes likes or dislikes it views as erroneous. Which means either the person didn't watch much of the video or it thinks someone is view/like botting. This more has to do with YouTube than some weird ability for blizzard to remove liked.

If anything it shows how strong the hate is that's YouTube thinks it's irregular and the system catches it.

Last edited:

ajl19

Oct 28, 2017

Making the blanket statement that "people are acting like Blizzard burned their house down" is hyperbole. There may be some trolls in YT comments or on twitter that take things too far, but that's not unique to the gamer demographic or to this particular situation. All I've seen here is legitimate criticism of the extremely tone deaf way in which Blizzard handled this announcement.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
I don't think blizzard has the ability to remove dislikes. However I'm quite sure the YouTube algorithm removes likes or dislikes it views as erroneous. Which means either the person didn't watch much of the video or it thinks someone is view/like botting. This more has to do with YouTube than some weird ability for blizzard to remove liked.

If anything it shows how strong the hate is that's YouTube thinks it's irregular and the system catches it.
My dislike was removed, I watched the video.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017

Apparently this is even happening with people who watched the whole video and registered a dislike.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's happened to me in the past with some Youtube videos, but my dislikes for Diablo Immortal are still active. Another reason why Youtube is so shitty, afaik they never remove likes even if someone didn't watch enough of the video.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically yes. And the PR leading up to Blizzcon. And how they have handled it after the announcement (the Panel aftward, deleting negative reactions etc.)
And then of course the game itself, which does seem completely irrelevant, but honestly, I bet that is the smallest part of it.

AFAIK it's the fact that they've been teasing stuff for quite a long time + the job postings, and the fact that this game is nothing more than a reskin of another F2P game from the same developer with Diablo assets: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netease.z3.android. Check the UI, it's exactly the same layout save it for the potion buttons relocated in other place.

This developer is also the creator of greatest hits blatant copy-paste stuff with innovative titles like Rules of Survival or Survivor Royale, so you know the kind of monetization model you can expect from them.

Having it at the closing announcement of the keynote for an event that die-hard Blizzard fans (not the kind that would rather play a mobile cash grab than a meaty PC game) paid a very expensive ticket to attend didn't help at all. And pretending this game was such a big deal was the cherry on top of the shit cake.

I see. Yea that's pretty shitty for them to build hype around a mobile game like that.