• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
news.blizzard.com

Diablo IV Quarterly Update—June 2021

Explore the details of character design, customization, and monster design with some of the artists behind Diablo IV.

Blog post about art and design. Some videos and screens:

ySeqTF6.jpg

BTkmLyN.png

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
So far, I think I'm liking how D2R is turning out visually compared to this. This is missing something, a unique identity. The enemies look good, at least.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
With each quarterly update, I'm always torn between wanting to get excited about this, and deciding to hold off on even reading because I know this shit is so far away. Do we think it's 2023?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this game could theoretically do a third person view. Maybe a photo mode that lets you zoom down

Edit: oh nice, an in-engine look at Lilith

RATZZad.png

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Really loving the character customization and how the armor looks all around. The wait will be brutal though.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Another Diablo 4 quarterly update is out, and there is some amazing art here.

news.blizzard.com

Diablo IV Quarterly Update—June 2021

Explore the details of character design, customization, and monster design with some of the artists behind Diablo IV.

75LUOQF14ESL1624658979658.png

BBT9CKADXUH71624658978325.png

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Those designs look really good. Is it confirmed that we can fully customize the character's appearance?

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Those graphics are amazing but I hope they're not putting too much emphasis on making the game look good at the cost of gameplay.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Oops there was another thread which I did not see in search. Please delete. :)

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Looks good! Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 are both some of my favorite games of all time so I'm really hoping this works out. I kinda can't help but feel that the scope of game is maybe a bit too big, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Looking forward to playing D2R later this year.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Knowing nothing about this game and just dropping in... those final two screenshots look like a Ubisoft game. Specifically, Valhalla

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
In my head, I can see us playing this game 2023 earliest, probably more likely in 2024.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas

holy shit lmao. Headshot. Ultrakill.

but really the game looks stunning. I hope it's fun, and I really hope it harkens back to more D2ish feel but a hybrid of 2-3 is cool with me. Or just be it's own thing. The demo at Blizzcon felt great for what it's worth so as long as they push the envelope and make sure loot doesn't feel trivial as shit as it was in 3 I'm game.

for me the issue was everything just became too much, just too much and it all felt so inconsequential. I need bigger impact feelings from fighting, I feel like there's a lot to explore there and make combat feel GOOD not just floaty with nine digit numbers. ugh that put me off of the game alone. I hope loot actually feels meaningful again man. I kind of hope the game goes slower paced but I'm not holding my breath. Still stoked for it!

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Loving the customization so far. Also good to see basic cloth collision on the Rogue. Hope there are some physics as well.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
The character and monster models they've shown there are incredibly detailed for what ends up being an isometric game. The attention to detail is astounding; those visuals are up there and significantly beyond any Diablo previous.

** My PC is gonna need a huge upgrade lol (8 years old at this point)

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Give me a skill tree and a game with 3 difficulties and I'll be happy. D3 was so spammy. I want some actual strategy.

Oct 28, 2017
Some of those female barbarians look so sick. I love the detail, actually surprised how much work is going into each individual armor piece, but that will just make it all the more satisfying to find this cool stuff. I still think some of the environments look extremely plain, but after this update it's clear the whole art design is in good hands.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Give me a skill tree and a game with 3 difficulties and I'll be happy. D3 was so spammy. I want some actual strategy.

My hope for D4 is that they will tone down both player and enemy abilities.

The random zombie champion does not need to shoot miniature nukes from its head.

In the same way, if every attack move I make results in a gigantic explosion, it becomes boring.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
FWIW Diablo IV was announced for XBOX One and PS4, but I'm kind of expecting that to shift to PS5/XBOX Series at somepoint exclusively. But maybe not. We'll see.

If they announce Cross-Play that would be great but I believe, and at least with D2R it would only be Cross-Progression so PC is where everyone I know will be playing. Probably end up buying a copy for PS5 and PC anyways lol.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
My hope for D4 is that they will tone down both player and enemy abilities.

The random zombie champion does not need to shoot miniature nukes from its head.

In the same way, if every attack move I make results in a gigantic explosion, it becomes boring.

I totally agree with this. The fights became way too chaotic with too many explosions and this is coming from someone who loves explosions. It was just too much. Give each enemy specific attacks that match their type and leave it at that. I'm ok with some flashy champion attacks if it makes sense for the enemy.