• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

This is the game and apparently it arrived on steam via early access on march 24, 2016 and just came out of early access yesterday which is the 13th of February, 2020. Just like the title says it seems to be Diablo like and apparently its having some sort of server issues that is preventing online Co-op play between players.

iZyhwk3.png

As of right now..

Also considering today is Friday(where I live at least), it might go above even more tomorrow regardless where it reaches its peak count tonight.

Edit: As of Sunday, it has now reached 124K players and also the servers are back up!

Last edited:

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It took steam by storm. A blizzard, you could say.

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
That's good, wish i could play. Just lost my second offline character by simply exiting the game, getting hard to keep interest.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like every few months there's a game like this that just goes super viral on Steam through word of mouth. Heard very good things about this one, too. Looks like a very solid Diablo-like.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Seems well deserved so far. Even if technical issues makes it somewhat hard to play.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Game looks amazing tbh but what is with the RE2 player count comparison?
Neat!

I am confused by the RE2R comparison though.
Well outside of the usual suspects and big names going up and down big time, we don't often see 3rd party games whether they're priced at $20 or $60 go upto 70K-100K concurrent players wise. This really speaks volumes regarding the popularity of the game so Resi 2 was like that one paid game that went upto 74K and it set a benchmark for that in comparison to other 3rd party games.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really with only PoE being actually updated, the market is ripe for a good game like this.

Getting it today.

Oct 27, 2017
Been looking for a decent Diablo clone (already played Torchlight II and Path of Exile), and this looks to fill that need. Will definitely play it down the line.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I've been keeping my eye on this one. I may have to pull the trigger on it soon. I'm a sucker for Diablo-like, loot driven ARPGs.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Would be willing to give this a try once they fix servers so I can play co-op. How does it play with a controller for comfy couch gaming?

Edit: oh saw post above me no controller support, pass then.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Well outside of the usual suspects and big names going up and down big time, we don't often see 3rd party games whether they're priced at $20 or $60 go upto 70K-100K concurrent players wise. This really speaks volumes regarding the popularity of the game so Resi 2 was like that one paid game that went upto 74K and it set a benchmark for that in comparison to other 3rd party games.
Ah, if it's an all-time or even just current record, you're right, it's still extremely impressive!

I was just confused, heh.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't you compare it to games that are either similar, or didn't sell most of their units on console ?

That's great for Wolcen though, only heard good things about it so far !

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, this game's requirements are too rich for my blood, but it looks gorgeous, fun, and perfectly complex. I'm happy to hear it's doing well.

For those who are giving it a go in earnest, is it a really a Diablo replacement (like Path of Exile proved to be), filled with sufficient content/procedurally generation, or more of a fun albeit temporary diversion?

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Shouldn't you compare it to games that are either similar, or didn't sell most of their units on console ?

That's great for Wolcen though, only heard good things about it so far !
Yeah its a broad comparison but i specifically wanted to to compare concurrent player records regardless of the genre if the game is paid or not $5-$10 and not F2P or one of the usual big names and usual suspects but i guess next time i'll just not compare at all considering outside of it surpassing concurrent player records of Resi 2, its not similar to it nor its a AAA game.

Oct 26, 2017
This is what Diablo 3 should have been.

And from a tiny dev team as well, big props to them. Yeah it's a bit rough around the edges but the graphics and core gameplay are super solid.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
People are super thirsty for a new Diablo!

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
What's to get? A relatively little-known indie title beating an established and successful AAA production on one player metric is noteworthy. OP used RE2, there are probably more.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
To put these numbers into perspective, this is on par with a non-hyped (eg: Blight) PoE expansion release on steam, so these stats are pretty good for a new launch in the genre.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Don't you people have jobs?

For real though, can't wait to give it a spin this weekend. Haven't played an ARPG in like two years, whenever Grim Dawn's expansion came out. About time to jump back in for me

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I kept hearing about this game everywhere, but never looked into it and kinda didn't expect it to be that great. Good that it seems to be doing very well tho!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This is what Diablo 3 should have been.

And from a tiny dev team as well, big props to them. Yeah it's a bit rough around the edges but the graphics and core gameplay are super solid.

They also spent 5 years making it, pretty much scrapping everything and starting over 2 years in.

I backed it on Kickstarter and seriously thought the game was going to turn out awful from reading all the updates over the past 5 years.

Really happy it turned out well.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Fuck it I got it let's see what this is about. I do like diablo so this looks like it will be worth it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This looks really good. I can get a 20% discount on it through Humble too, but my backlog D:

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
Games is fierce and a blast to play. Only doing a Mage right now, but it's got all the good bits from PoE and D3. Less Grim Dawn, I'd say except for it being very meaty in animations and weight of combat.

Plus the game is a real looker.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Impressive, and that's with the ( now ) known issues with their current online infrastructure.