• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
There was a second amiibo for "Demon" in the data files, but I don't know if that will also end up being real.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
amiibo was easily one of the smartest things Nintendo has done in a while..

Prob cost nothing to make these

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I swore off amiibos earlier this year when i sold them all off except my Kirby but i need this. Wasn't there 2 that leaked? Also, weird it's coming a month after the game.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Wow, Blizzard have one of the best Art teams out there.. and this is the Amiibo they come up with? Fuck me, that's hideous.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they took those blind box figures and made an amiibo out of them.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I knew it looked familiar, they literally just slapped a NFC chip in this.
nYVrUvr.jpg

Wow, they took those blind box figures and made an amiibo out of them.
Yeah, i knew it looked familiar. I don't have the blind box but i do have the bank.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diablo is getting pushed pretty damn hard. it's on NIntendo's Treehouse stream right now and Blizzard licensed the amiibo name for their figure

Last edited:

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
I knew it looked familiar, they literally just slapped a NFC chip in this.

Yeah, i knew it looked familiar. I don't have the blind box but i do have the bank.

Pose is different, and the sword placement and sack don't match so it looks like it's not *quite* repackaging an existing figure with an NFC chip and base.

EDIT:

Actually, doing a quick search on the Cute but Deadly vinyls rather than the pic above it does look as though they're using the same mold and putting it on a NFC chip base :-D

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like that they have unique packaging - opens the door for more Blizzard/amiibo collaborations.

Overwatch amiibo, you know they'd do it.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Diablo is getting pushed pretty damn hard for whatever reason. it's on NIntendo's Treehouse stream right now and Blizzard licensed the amiibo name for their figure

I never played Diablo but I do know its a huge and popular game. Its a big grab for Nintendo. Looks like someone said the game sold 30 mil..... wow and now you can play it literally anywhere

How I imagine discussions with third parties going.

Nintendo: "You wanna put your game on Switch?"
3rd Party: "Nah I'm good lol"
Nintendo: "We'll let you make an amiibo."
3rd Party:
j8jFUGH.jpg

lol exactly how the deal goes haha

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I already have two of those (non amiibos) from last blizzcons blind boxes.
...I'll still buy it

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a wide release or exclusive to their website or something?

Most different looking amiibo (and packaging) so far.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
It's really weird to see the treatment this game is getting. Are there any other old game ports that get amiibo, bundle, etc?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I only have the Splatoon 2 amiibos... but I really want this one too...

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is this thing? I dont remember it at all anyone got an in game screen shot? I only played vanilla d3 so maybe it was a patch or switch version thing?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
amiibo was easily one of the smartest things Nintendo has done in a while..

Prob cost nothing to make these
The thing they learned to do is not shotgun Amiibo versions of every character for every game. I still see Animal Crossing ones that nobody wants on shelves because their was this misguided idea that every game needed that treatment.

What they learned to do is plan around specialized Amiibo. They probably couldn't justify an entire massive line for Mario Odyssey. But Mario, Peach, and Bowser in wedding outfits, in a pose that suggests they're interacting with one another? That's something someone might want.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo normally produces the Amiibo for 3rd Party's, right? That packaging looks more like Skylanders than the Amiibo packaging. I wonder if Activision produced this Amiibo.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Nintendo normally produces the Amiibo for 3rd Party's, right? That packaging looks more like Skylanders than the Amiibo packaging. I wonder if Activision produced this Amiibo.

I don't think Activision typically touches Blizzard property. This Amiibo is something Blizzard made awhile ago for Blizzcon including packaging. This is a recolor of it. I think back in 2016.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
That's a bad looking Amiibo right there. One that apparently isn't even an original design.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if I remember correctly, third parties produce the amiibo themselves, they just license the amiibo branding

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Activision typically touches Blizzard property. This Amiibo is something Blizzard made awhile ago for Blizzcon including packaging. This is a recolor of it. I think back in 2016.

if I remember correctly, third parties produce the amiibo themselves, they just license the amiibo branding

Based on this it would make sense. I wasn't sure if it was Nintendo that produced them all or not. With Switch a success I hope we get more from 3rd Party's and if 3rd Party's have control over them then I would expect they are more likely to be interested.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
They should've stuck to the uniform Nintendo packaging. Combined with the design this just looks like some cheap ThinkGeek trinket, lol.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not what I wanted from Diablo amiibo

This is literally just one of the crappy figures they sell with NFC slapped on it. Awful.