• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw This video posted by Diablo on Facebook.

In the video the community manager says they have multiple Diablo projects in the works. Some will take longer, but they have things to show us later this year.

What do you think? Are they showing off HD Diablo 2 this year at Blizzcon?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
"later this year" almost certainly means Blizzcon, so hopefully it's something more substantial than Diablo 3 content.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
The Diablo 3 Switch version is due for a reveal, but hopefully, they have something else to tease, too.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I still think Diablo 3 has enough life in it for another expansion first rather than an entirely new game.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"This time we're gonna make sure the real money auction house doesn't step on any toes. Promise!"

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Diablo mobile... actually that wouldn't be too bad. Don't get me wrong would prefer Diablo 2 remake or a proper new game for pc/ consoles, but I think Diablo could kind of work on mobile if it's done well and isn't littered with micro transactions.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
I'd really rather have a remaster of Diablo 1 than 2. That game isn't sold anywhere besides used physical copies, it's a lot rougher on current Windows versions, and it honestly feels a lot more special in a world where every other game in the genre copied and iterated on the design of the sequel.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Diablo 3 has enough life in it for another expansion first rather than an entirely new game.
Hell no.

It was fun for a while... but grinding rifts season after season with a little power creep gets pretty damn repetitive. Not even an expansion could bring me back to that.

So I'm excited to see Diablo 2 HD and whatever they're cooking up for Diablo 4.

OP
OP
RDreamer

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
D4 hopefully. Played D3 and D2 thousands of hours, don't need another port or remaster.
D4 is most certainly the project that's going to take a while longer and they won't be showing this year.

I could see a small logo teaser or something maybe popping up, but that's about it.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Saw that too, hoping for some news on 4, I also feel I have pretty much scraped to the bottom of what 3 has to offer, and I don't think even a full expension is enough to bring me back.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I mean, Blizzard normally announces games around 12-18 months out, so if you think it's out before Fall 2020, Blizzcon would be on the table.
good point. i didnt think about that.

Because if d4 is announced - i will go into hype mode and see what i can upgrade my PC with and scourge the internet every day for any details about the new diablo LOL

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take a D2 remaster (or remake) please! I don't think D4 will be announced just yet. I'm not sure if D3 on the switch would sell well. Sure, there's the portability aspect, but I mean the game has come out on 5 other platforms and would be significantly cheaper to play on those.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'd be down for a D1/D2 remake collection. I'm really bored with D3 at this point and I know 4 is at least a year away.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to care about whatever they have planned considering the disasterous D3 launch, and with how much better Path of Exile is and will continue to be with each coming season.

Pretty sure by the time this comes out, Path of Exile will have had like 2-3 more expansions.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Diablo 2 remaster is way overdue. Probably releasing that and teasing Diablo 4 for next year.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
My guess would be a D3 Switch port for the end of the year/beginning of 2019, a D2 remaster by the end of 2019 and then D4 some time in 2020.

MisterMangu

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
I don't see D3 being ported over to the Switch. It's an old game that is basically dead at this point. I think D2 remastered will be announced for all platforms (switch included) with a release this year and a full reveal of D4 tacked on with the year it will be released on. Which is next year imo.