• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
IGN List of Nominees here:

www.ign.com

DICE Awards 2022 Winners: The Full List - IGN

From It Takes Two taking home Game of the Year to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart securing victory in the most categories, here are all the winners from the 25th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards.

A lot of the Winners would be expected to win I suspect.

Game of the Year

• It Takes Two - WINNER

Outstanding Achievement in Animation

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - WINNER

Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction

Outstanding Achievement in Character

• Resident Evil Village – Lady Dimitrescu - WINNER

Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition

• Returnal - WINNER

Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design

• Returnal - WINNER

Outstanding Achievement in Story

• Guardians of the Galaxy - WINNER

Outstanding Technical Achievement

Action Game of the Year

• Halo Infinite - WINNER

Adventure Game of the Year

Family Game of the Year

Fighting Game of the Year

• Guilty Gear Strive - WINNER

Racing Game of the Year

• Forza Horizon 5 - WINNER

Role-Playing Game of the Year

• Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker - WINNER

Sports Game of the Year

• Mario Golf: Super Rush - WINNER

Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year

• Age of Empires IV - WINNER

Immersive Reality Technical Achievement

• Lone Echo II - WINNER

Immersive Reality Game of the Year

• Lone Echo II - WINNER

Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game

• Unpacking - WINNER

Mobile Game of the Year

• Pokémon Unite - WINNER

Online Game of the Year

• Halo Infinite - WINNER

Outstanding Achievement in Game Design

• It Takes Two - WINNER

Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction

• Deathloop - WINNER

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Ratchet & Clank winner in art direction? It's one of the things i have always disliked most about the Ratchet & Clank games is their art direction lol.

Returnal has really cool art direction in many of the biomes.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
ITT deserves all the awards, played through the whole thing with my daughter and it's one of the best gameplay experiences I've ever had.

And man, I gotta pick up R&C.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for the wins of Rift Apart (the most winner), Returnal, Guilty Gear, Deathloop and It Takes Two.
I thought RE4 would easily win the Immersive Reality award based on what I read.
Endwalker sounds like a great expansion.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Good to see Returnal picking up the audio awards. The music and effects throughout the game are outstanding.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Mario Golf with another award. Clap Hanz needs to accept that mobile ain't the place for their golf game.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see Halo, AoE4. FH5 and Deathloop are all winners...such variety from Xbox studios. I wish Psychonauts got something too.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for It Takes Two, Halo, Guardians and Deathloop.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
No complaints from my side. :)
Congrats to all nominees and winners!

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
So happy for Halo Infinite winning both action game of the year and online game of the year, massively deserved. Not many winners I don't agree with so good picks all round, so happy Unpacking got some attention too and AOE4!

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Well done to Halo for best action game. Between that and Returnal its been a good time for great feeling arcadey shooters.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Fair selection; Ratchet got some big acknowledgments for once: familiar and safe (not a defect in itself, though it was used against it as if it was), also a technical achievement of the highest magnitude.

Happy to see Returnal, Lone Echo and GG getting love from developers too.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Well deserved for Halo (which should have won also the best soundtrack and audio to me, which is unbelievable good in Dolby Atmos).

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Not meant as a critique of the winners, but looking at these lists always makes me realize how much my taste in video games differs from the standard.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, nothing for Metroid
I suppose it would have been in best adventure game and having played both guardians and metroid, guardians really doenst deserve best adventure game. Great story subpar everything else. Come on, even the actions parts are a fucking mess, and i say this liking the game. Its has so many problems. Metroid excells in the gameplay part, its a pity they didnt think the same.

All grphcial and art achivements totally deserve for ratchet and clank, is a beautiful game.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Insomniac did an amazing job with Rift Apart, nice to see that effort being recognized with 4 awards.

Congrats to all the nominees and winners.

OP
OP
MouldyK

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I suppose it would have been in best adventure game and having played both guardians and metroid, guardians really doenst deserve best adventure game. Great story subpar everything else. Come on, even the actions parts are a fucking mess, and i say this liking the game. Its has so many problems. Metroid excells in the gameplay part, its a pity they didnt think the same.

All grphcial and art achivements totally deserve for ratchet and clank, is a beautiful game.

It was in Best Action...

Action Game of the Year

• Deathloop
  • Halo Infinite - WINNER
  • Metroid Dread
  • Returnal
  • The Ascent

Best Adventure had these:

• Death's Door
  • It Takes Two
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Resident Evil Village

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I didn't play every game that came out last year, but Lady Dimitrescu is still one of the most baffling things to take off considering that character's role and importance in RE8.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Good to see Halo, AoE4. FH5 and Deathloop are all winners...such variety from Xbox studios. I wish Psychonauts got something too.
I would have given Psychonauts the nod for Art Direction. Rift Apart was kind of an odd choice for that. Like, sure it looks nice enough, but it wasn't super unique or memorable. Whereas IMO the art style is a big part of Psychonaut's vibe and appeal.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really know what else came out in the mobile space but cool to see Pokémon Unite get acknowledged. Game is pretty fun.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Psychonauts 2 should have gotten art direction & Returnal should have gotten best action game, otherwise this list is pretty spot on for me.

Edit: didn't play much online games last year but it seems Halo hasn't been exactly ideal.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I would have picked Before Your Eyes for Best Story. That got me weeping, especially as a new dad.

Outstanding Achievement in Story

BEFORE YOUR EYES
INSCRYPTION
MARVEL'S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
PSYCHONAUTS 2
THE FORGOTTEN CITY

What do they define as adventure games? Wouldn't action-adventure cover these games? Cause when I see adventure, I expect point-and-clicks, narrative games, visual novels, and they usually don't have combat.

Death's Door
It Takes Two
Guardians of the Galaxy - WINNER
Psychonauts 2
Resident Evil Village

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I love seeing ITT get more recognition. Seeing Era vote it 9th best game of the year really made me realize that my tastes do not line up to the majority here, so I'm really happy to see Hazelight get the respect they deserve.

It's such a great game, and such a fine example of putting fun and well executed mechanics first. And I know this may ruffle some feathers, but...

I loved Dr. Hakim.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Lady Dimitrescu should have def. been the main focus of RE8. Such a great character and performance but she was in the game for a blink of an eye.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
2021 was pretty weak when you see a meme like Lady Dimitrescu winning character awards.
As expected It Takes Two winning again.