• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But why even engage these fools? Just drop the game and let it be. Celebrate the launch of the game and ignore these guys.

Andrew Lucas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
True, but that's only half the story here.

The rage was stirred again by the DICE's doubling down on making it about the social issues even they the fan base has already shown such displeasure. They doubled down on that stuff instead of acknowledging mistakes were made regarding the disappointing beta, and the anorexic launch.

I don't care what reddit mods and users did, that's not the bigger picture here.

These freakin' poney and anime avatars, man. It's always them. The shit these dudes post on Twitter is getting here, apparently

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
But why even engage these fools? Just drop the game and let it be. Celebrate the launch of the game and ignore these guys.
That's a great idea, but unfortunately, myself included, everyone has to have their say on the interwebs. I finished my rant earlier and now I'm just sitting back and waiting for the fallout once the alt-right hits this thread, unless ERA's application standards are strict enough it will keep most of them out.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I first saw this in Skillup's video on laymengaming and hes 100% right that EA/Dice got what they asked for.

"Dont buy our game"

Wasnt even advertised properly, doesnt have all its modes in at launch and thus nobody bought it. The historical accuracy part is just more fuel on that fire.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I first saw this in Skillup's video on laymengaming and hes 100% right that EA/Dice got what they asked for.

"Dont buy our game"

Wasnt even advertised properly, doesnt have all its modes in at launch and thus nobody bought it. The historical accuracy part is just more fuel on that fire.
Eh, I take anything "social justice" related from Laymen/SkillUp with a big grain of salt. They still make "triggered" and "SJW" meme/jokes in their videos.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen fuck loads of people who have picked non-white races, and loads of females as well. It's awesome.

So I'm glad the racist and sexist fucks haven't been playing.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Good on them for not caving to those assholes. Having a woman on the box art must drive them crazy.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

"Dont buy our game"

What are you implying?

Oct 30, 2017
Battlefield VI: President Chelsea Clinton launches DARPA project to cybernetically enhance women soldiers beyond the capability of men to take on faction of treasonous alt right Trump soldiers.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
That's a great idea, but unfortunately, myself included, everyone has to have their say on the interwebs. I finished my rant earlier and now I'm just sitting back and waiting for the fallout once the alt-right hits this thread, unless ERA's application standards are strict enough it will keep most of them out.

Our mods react a bit quicker than reddits do. Also reddit mods let shit get out of control.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
What are you implying?

Im saying i agree with what skillup said, who has no investment in the issue, that Dice gave people a product they didnt wanna buy. Posting the worst possible comments you can find is a lot easier than posting reasonable ones.

The moral victory is clearly more important to Dice than the product itself. If someone wants to ban me for saying that then be my guest.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Im saying i agree with what skillup said, who has no investment in the issue, that Dice gave people a product they didnt wanna buy. Posting the worst possible comments you can find is a lot easier than posting reasonable ones.

The moral victory is clearly more important to Dice than the product itself. If someone wants to ban me for saying that then be my guest.

Lmao. The moral victory. Wow.

cee310

Oct 27, 2017
i bet you this is the same group of people that use to complain about the medic being black in bf3.

Oct 27, 2017

"Dont buy our game"

They told the people whining about there being playable women in the game to not buy their product since they won't change that. I mean it's kind of awesome of Dice/EA to take that stand, I wish more people had that amount of backbone. And seeing how they are moving forward they're doubling down on it. If you don't like it, don't buy the game, simple as that.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people

With people like you who are so brave, I have to wonder why you are even here if you don't care. Do you enjoy the well moderated atmosphere because the mods keep the shitheads out which you, time and time again like to defend?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_2018-12-03-01-15-51.png

They're also rallying against Anthem and pretty much all of EA's upcoming titles.

These people are the embodiment of the Gamers Rise Up meme.

What did Anthem do?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What exactly are you arguing?

DICE banner says "#EVERYONESBATTLEFIELD", clearly to fly in the face of alt-right/sexist criticism and attacks, not other criticism of the game. That banner doesn't say "#FLAWLESSLAUNCH".

I don't even know what "[skillup] has no investment in the issue" means. They are a gaming channel. Of course they have an investment in the game, by the nature of what they do. I doubt you could argue they have less investment than your average player who "invests" $60.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
What exactly are you arguing?

DICE banner says "#EVERYONESBATTLEFIELD", clearly to fly in the face of alt-right/sexist criticism and attacks, not other criticism of the game. That banner doesn't say "#FLAWLESSLAUNCH".

I don't even know what "[skillup] has no investment in the issue" means. They are a gaming channel. Of course they have an investment in the game, by the nature of what they do. I doubt you could argue they have less investment than your average player who "invests" $60.

Investment in the issue of women being playable or not. Obviously yeah theyre invested in the game, they talk about games.

Just like them, i dont care if women are playable in games. Ive played plenty of them starring females.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
DICE did kinda cave though? There are so many customization options they removed and haven't added back yet if at all and it sucks. All the soldiers look plain as heck right now.

I hope the wacky customization comes back. Also playing all women soldiers just because I can. I love when idiots get heated over it.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
DICE definitely deserve support just for the amount of quality hornest nest kicking they've been doing this year. I'll be buying the game after I'm done with RDR2.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who is upset by something as innocuous as #everyonesbattlefield is clearly a shit head. What argument is there that isn't "we don't want women or minorities in our games".

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to love Laymen/SkillUp until I realized they had a bro-ish anti-SJW (or their perception of SJW) outlooks.

DICE did kinda cave though? There are so many customization options they removed and haven't added back yet if at all and it sucks. All the soldiers look plain as heck right now.

I hope the wacky customization comes back. Also playing all women soldiers just because I can. I love when idiots get heated over it.
Same. All the whining did was take content away from us.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

Vehicle cosmetics got delayed, but they're coming back if that's what you're referring to. I'm sure more character customization will be added. I hope it doesn't look wacky TBH. Should still feel like WW2.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love my parents for the fact that the general idea of this (women in games) being a problem feeling like such a fucking alient concept to me.

On the other hand, i have a daughter, so this is really worrysome for me.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm baffled (and I shouldn't be at this point) that 'Battlefield is for everyone!' equals 'help! help! I'm being repressed!' in crazy land. Gamer genocide. Christ.

Kudos to EA and DICE.

Screenshot_2018-12-03-01-15-51.png

They're also rallying against Anthem and pretty much all of EA's upcoming titles.

These people are the embodiment of the Gamers Rise Up meme.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this, but if that user is really a woman, then I'm the Queen of England.

Anyone antagonized by inclusion should take a long walk off a short pier.

Yep.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017

How does pointing and laughing at assholes and calling them assholes in any way affect the game for all of us? It makes me happy, but that's got nothing to do with the game, or the good time I've had with it so far. I've only seen all around good things about BFV from people posting impressions. Nowhere near a perfect game, but the vast majority are clearly enjoying it, or there would be massive amounts of outrage about the game as there is with Fallout 76.

Oct 25, 2017

"Dont buy our game"

Yea... no.

Dude sounds salty as hell that Dice is making fun of alt-right shitbags and losers that can't handle women being in BFV.

"Take the L and move on." "We just want to move on." Yea... sure sounds like it when you can't handle #EveryonesBattlefield

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Vehicle cosmetics got delayed, but they're coming back if that's what you're referring to. I'm sure more character customization will be added. I hope it doesn't look wacky TBH. Should still feel like WW2.

No I know about Vehicle customization delay, and honestly I'm super excited to pretty up my Panzer IV in a couple days...

What I'm referring to is stuff like this: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...aling-back-wacky-customization-options.67348/

And if you google about the scaling back of soldier customization you'll see some articles too. (And a lot of hateful internet types celebrating.)

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
instead of all this effort to shit up threads and discussions.. why don't these people use that energy to get together and create their own game?

edit- of course that could be said with anything regarding one group going out to their way to hate on something.

Jeffrey Guang

Nov 4, 2017
Taiwn
If you think Battlefield V and DICE are awesome, please just buy the game. I hate they get punished for making a more inclusive game.