• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems that DICE isn't caving in to alt-rights demanding women to be removed from Battlefield's multiplayer despite the rocky November launch for their new game, by celebrating Battlefield V's launch with #EveryonesBattlefield:

hir4hq6is0221.jpg

r/Battlefield goes up in flames, alt-rights burn the sub down with accusations of DICE advocating for 'gamer genocide' and 'SJW propaganda', moderators try to get the subreddit in control by removing all the alt-right posts, until a moderator who frequents r/the_donald (Donald Trump's subreddit) chimes in with this post, and proceeds to demod all the other mods who have been trying to bring sanity into the subreddit.

kVReik7.png

RfuzrIM.png

kklpjG6.png

The moderators got their positions back and the alt-right moderator has had his privileges taken away.

mhkf3cl91y121.png

12 hours later, r/battlefield is still an alt-right haven despite all their efforts, and most people who actually play the game have migrated over to r/battlefieldV and its respective new discord.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
That bitch ass mod can get fucked.

Props to EA and DICE on taking a stand.

YonderOne

Nov 29, 2018
Perth, Australia
Even back when DICE showed off the first initial trailer of BFV, /r/battlefield was a pretty horrible place. I'm glad the mods got their permissions back, but I think that particular subreddit is a lost cause. Even /r/BattlefieldV can be subtly awful sometimes. A lot of conversations about female soldier screams being 'too over the top and louder than male screams' got pretty yucky.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
It's great to see DICE doing the right thing no matter what. Too bad the game has a bunch of real problems, hopefully EA won't get the message that you need to appeal to human garbage to sell copies. They look like a very progressive company so I doubt they will.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In Battlefield 1, an American gambler disguises himself as a member of the British upper class while making zero effort to use an accent which everyone notices and is played for laughs, and then he basically wins the Battle of Britain, before dramatically jumping off the side of an exploding German airship into the Thames. He survives, naturally,.

I recall exactly zero complaints about how this was spitting on the graves of the brave men who fought in the Battle of Britain.

Battlefield V comes along, and the weirdos go berserk. I feel like these were the same chaps who got vaguely upset over Hannah in Battlefield 4 (a very authentic character, incidentally, since China has an all-female special forces unit), but their discontent has been amplified by war nerd shit. In Enemy Front, an American journalist was pivotal in, IIRC, the enigma being cracked, and the Warsaw uprising, and also the Heavy Water sabotage operation. I don't remember howling outrage. Sniper Elite has you shooting Hitler in the nuts. Is this historically accurate? No. It doesn't have to be.

This recent wave of GAMER RAGE has become extremely unpleasant to witness. There have always been people trying to stir shit up. But now they feel empowered. I feel like Mass Effect 3 was a bit of a turning point.

On a minor note, DICE put a lot of effort into these campaigns. They're not always good, but as far as storytelling goes, it's something DICE take very seriously, and many reviewers were impressed by the humanity and general decent quality of the War Stories. I kinda wonder whether EA need to create a moderate budget singleplayer "War Story" series to explore human stories of war, basically. Hire people like Peter Jackson to consult. Go for the whole "art game" angle while also making them fun to play. Because making Battlefield campaigns is a bit like casting pearls before swine. The people raging about the contents of Battlefield V's campaign are the exact kind of people who are gonna refuse to play the campaign anyway because they're MP gamers and MP is all they care about. DICE are very proud of what they've made, and it's a pity their work is so ignored.

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
Trying to nuke all the mods below you and stuff like that backfires 100% of the time. The mod in question most certainly knows that because it's the only reason KiA is still around.

Every mod still thinks they're special though.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
DICE doing god's work. Fuck the trolls and alt-right hatemongers. Our own dear SkillUp thinks otherwise though. Gotta court the cesspool audience for views, I guess.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Honestly this wasn't what I had expected the news to be when I saw the Laymen's title of their video

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
I see DICE double down on the stupid. Let see how much this game gonna sell.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Good for DICE to stand their ground. Those gamers are such an embarrassment. They call out game genocide but they're the ones who make people like me not want to call ourselves gamers.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Good work DICE, thankfully the r/battlefieldv subreddit is much better in regards to this.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I knew that r/bf was a cesspool and all that, but it seems that the shit has hit the proverbial fan.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that's his brother.

SkillUp is one of the 2 main people on LaymenGaming. He's just not always part of the videos because he also runs the SkillUp channel

As for this debacle, yeah as always the GG part of the gaming community shows how pathetic they are. Though I find it interesting that Dice seem to have made the decision to actively engage that subset of gamers in this manner.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Ok listen, I know this is serious business but I can't get "gamer genocide" out of my head. Like, what's the exact statement that lead to the eventuality of the term "gamer genocide" to be used? I'm dying to know the train of thought that would conclude in "gamer genocide".

Because you know it has to be fucking hilarious XD

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok listen, I know this is serious business but I can't get "gamer genocide" out of my head. Like, what's the exact statement that lead to the eventuality of the term "gamer genocide" to be used? I'm dying to know the train of thought that would conclude in "gamer genocide".

Because you know it has to be fucking hilarious XD
AFAIK it's the belief that companies like EA are trying to destroy the all-important gamer identity in favor of casuals and *shudders dramatically* mobiiiiiiiiiiile.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
SkillUp is one of the 2 main people on LaymenGaming. He's just not always part of the videos because he also runs the SkillUp channel
He's actually waving the #NotAllGamers flag pretty proudly. He isn't absent or a silent partner in this video. The points he raises firmly cement him as a gamergate sympathiser, if not an outright gater.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_2018-12-03-01-15-51.png

They're also rallying against Anthem and pretty much all of EA's upcoming titles.

These people are the embodiment of the Gamers Rise Up meme.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Gamer Genocide"...

I woke up a couple of hours ago, and yet reading that makes me want to go to bed again.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
It appears to me that Dice focused more on fighting gamergaters than making the game fun. I did`t like BF1, but BF5 is even worse for me. No idea what they were thinking with this game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Big props to Dice and EA for this. And laugh at loud at that Reddit mod. Christ.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wasn't a fan of the tone of the original reveal. But the game itself - anyone who has an issue with women in it - clearly they've either not played it or are.....trolls.

It really is not an issue. The game gives choice and the final implementation does not hinder the feel or authenticity of the game at all.

Cannot believe a vocal minority are still trying to push this nonsense.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Antagonizing their fans.
Seems to me that they're antagonising trolls and asshats. Just for that, I'd buy this game if I enjoyed multiplayer games.

I hope all the losers boycott the game, so then it'll be a much more pleasant experience to play.
I'm guessing it's already a more pleasant experience considering so many assholes decided to boycott the game after seeing the women in the reveal trailers.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
I wasn't a fan of the tone of the original reveal. But the game itself - anyone who has an issue with women in it - clearly they've either not played it or are.....trolls.

It really is not an issue. The game gives choice and the final implementation does not hinder the feel or authenticity of the game at all.

Cannot believe a vocal minority are still trying to push this nonsense.

It literally doesn't matter and these people will waste their time whining on the internet about it.

Astounding.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Why does one mod have the power to demod other people? That doesn't make sense.

Jaysc

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the picture this morning and I'm personally happy with it. However when I looked on the subreddit I saw lots of comments and post saying that DICE had done something stupid. I had no idea whether I was in the wrong or not, but I guess this explains what I was reading.