• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite understand DICE's logic in engaging this, compared to the approach of other developers having diversity as a matter of fact (like half of every Rainbow Six Siege DLC, Overwatch, and Battlefield's biggest competitor Call of Duty in a similar context), but I guess good on them.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Warned: Derogatory Language
I have noticed that I get revived a lot less when I set my soldiers to use female characters than when I set them to male. I think it's absolutely stupid and childish that these kids are so upset about female soldiers in their war games that they'll actually put themselves and their team at a disadvantage because of it.

I need to make a video of this but that's time taken away from fun things I could actually be doing.

EDIT - removed certain terminology from my post. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i hate blaming the customer that's going on here. This game doesn't feel like WWII and light on content. All of the sudden BF fans became alt right misogynists.
The issue here is that the alt righters are currently silencing any legitimate criticism at the game. Most people probably don't even know that the game has a lot of "Coming Soon" in it because of all the whining about women that drowns all the criticism about content.

And I'd say that the game is in a better state now than BF4 was at launch. That game was just broken, this game actually works in the modes that are there now.

Octavia Melody

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Alt-account driving thread derailment and dismissing concerns surrounding intolerance and sexism
OP is about a dude demodding all other mods due to "free speech". It has nothing to do with discontent about launch issues.

True, but that's only half the story here.

The rage was stirred again by the DICE's doubling down on making it about the social issues even they the fan base has already shown such displeasure. They doubled down on that stuff instead of acknowledging mistakes were made regarding the disappointing beta, and the anorexic launch.

I don't care what reddit mods and users did, that's not the bigger picture here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

The rage was stirred again by the DICE's doubling down on making it about the social issues even they the fan base has already shown such displeasure. They doubled down on that stuff instead of acknowledging mistakes were made regarding the disappointing beta, and the anorexic launch.

I don't care what reddit mods and users did, that's not the bigger picture here.
It seems like you're in the wrong thread then because that's exactly what this is about.

Roy Mastang

Banned
Mar 23, 2018
EA's stance was laughable at best. You can't call your audience stupid even if they disagree with you. Also stupid was their effort to customisation, with prosthetic arms on men and women running and gunning.

On another note I really enjoy the game, even though I can't see the enemies.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
OP is about a dude demodding all other mods due to "free speech". It has nothing to do with discontent about launch issues.

Yup. Neither does it have to do with the success of the game but posters keep talking about that. Do we know anyway how sales figures are like in regions that are not the UK?

cyklisten

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, i hate blaming the customer that's going on here. This game doesn't feel like WWII and light on content. All of the sudden BF fans became alt right misogynists.

That´s because that has nothing to with this thread. None of what you´re describing. It´s literally about alt-right sympathizers raging about the "wokeness" and "historical accuracy" of the game. Not about the games´ arguable content/design problems. It´s perfectly clear and easy to understand, but somehow people just have to move the goalpost and say that the "real" reason for the rage is too few maps. There are literally the quotes "genderfield 5" and "femi-nazies are trying to rewrite history" in OPs picture...

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017

I'm sorry but I have seen extremely little posts about BFv that aren't tied into the anti sjw, cuck narrative.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think the launch was worse then the bf1 one.
The fact that Dice seem to have skipped a lot of the bs (lootboxes, and gated content) yet are seen as nefarious is idiotic.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Skillup and his idiot brother showing their asses again.

The fact that devs and pubs suck up to these so-called influencers is infuriating.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Lord that sub just needs to be burned down to the ground. I feel Reddit as a whole needs to really step up and do something about this, not just the individual sub moderators. Seeing how r/the_Donald isn't going anywhere I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Glad DICE at the very least is sticking to this. The game has a lot of problems but this certainly isn't one of them and people really need to get over it.

Octavia Melody

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm sorry but I have seen extremely little posts about BFv that aren't tied into the anti sjw, cuck narrative.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think the launch was worse then the bf1 one.
The fact that Dice seem to have skipped a lot of the bs (lootboxes, and gated content) yet are seen as nefarious is idiotic.

I get your point as well, it just seems like whining about the social stuff is just the lowest domiminator, people not putting in anymore effort than DICE is at pandering for it.

I mean, #everyonesbattlefield? That's Fortnite

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair play to DICE, it's just a shame the multiplayer seems to be below-par

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is like the third or fourth time you and Octavia Melody have misstated what this thread is about or what someone has stated themselves. This thread is about the subreddit that blew up because there are a fair amount of BF fans that are misogynistic assholes. If you don't care about that, you don't care about it, but the constant interference about how the game isn't good is just not relevant to this particular discussion.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This is like the third or fourth time you and Octavia Melody have misstated what this thread is about or what someone has stated themselves. This thread is about the subreddit that blew up because there are a fair amount of BF fans that are misogynistic assholes. If you don't care about that, you don't care about it, but the constant interference about how the game isn't good is just not relevant to this particular discussion.
Yup

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
I get your point as well, it just seems like whining about the social stuff is just the lowest domiminator, people not putting in anymore effort than DICE is at pandering for it.

I mean, #everyonesbattlefield? That's Fortnite

I mean it started with the inclusiveness then the next goalpost was the historical accuracy.

Tbh I get really suspicious of people who try and frame inclusiveness as pandering.

Also how tf isn't #everyonesbattlefield a appropriate tag for a battlefield game?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I don't quite understand DICE's logic in engaging this, compared to the approach of other developers having diversity as a matter of fact (like half of every Rainbow Six Siege DLC, Overwatch, and Battlefield's biggest competitor Call of Duty in a similar context), but I guess good on them.
Might as well, it's not like those who are offended by this are going to buy it regardless, so fuck it, get them outraged, get BF5 in the news and hopefully get more sales. It's pretty good marketing in a way. It makes me kinda want to support it (though after the 12 days early access shit I'm not until a deep sale).

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Moving goalposts is cool, ya know.

Fuck, I like SkillUp's review, time to unsub and ignore.
Good man. It's what I did.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
EA should've just sandbagged these idiots.

The more people respond to morons the louder they reply back.

Ignoring them might result in more shouting as well, but eventually the silence will make most give up, leaving only a few loudmouths keeping their shit spewing.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Impossible to disagree with that. Why are people surprised that a WWII game attracts a different sort of game enthusiast?

If DICE wants to make an inclusive game with a base of progressive minded people, don't make a fucking wwii game.

I don't understand, what do you mean? What sort of game enthusiast play WWII games?

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering buying the game just to support them in my own way against this kind of "people".

How would that work? Besides, the cynical side of me wonders if this stuff is manufactured to drive sales somehow...not a fan of corporations.

If you want to make the world a better place, donate that money to actual charities. Maybe like one that helps real life women dealing with domestic violence or something?

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
For some reason this all reminds me of the Total War community and their latest controversy. Something about historical wars really brings bigots together.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Strangely mobile game reddits are mostly quite mild and informative. Some subreddits for tv series are also ok.

Honestly, it's one of the reasons why I've migrated toward mobile gaming in general as I've gotten older—the communities are waaaaay more inclusive and mature than what I've experienced in console and PC spaces. Even in something like Epic 7 or KR, which are waifoo collectors, you regularly see queer content and husbando love without anyone batting an eye or crying about SJW infiltrating their playspaces. I used to loathe mobile gaming and everything associated with it, now it's become a Mecca I'd never have imagined.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

It takes a bit of cognitive dissonance to believe there's a "bigger issue" that ties reception of the gameplay and content to Dice's decision to advertise inclusion in there game.

Lackluster gameplay is one issue. The existence of Female avatars has nothing to with that.

Inclusion shouldn't even be an issue - it should be a given. It's alt-right members of the fanbase that made it into a "social issue", because they can't handle their safe space being invaded by women.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I don't want to give DICE and EA too much credit for riling these dipshits up. Customisation still looks like a financial decision based on the success of Fortnite and a WW2 game seems like the worst setting for it. The people who are getting upset might be wrong, but there's a shitload of people all over youtube and reddit ready to tell them that they're right.