• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
EA should've just sandbagged these idiots.

The more people respond to morons the louder they reply back.

Ignoring them might result in more shouting as well, but eventually the silence will make most give up, leaving only a few loudmouths keeping their shit spewing.

But that's not how you deal with them, it doesn't work, either way they are louder. No good comes from just skirting around them letting them dictate what happens to games, and how gamer's are perceived.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
How would that work? Besides, the cynical side of me wonders if this stuff is manufactured to drive sales somehow...not a fan of corporations.

If you want to make the world a better place, donate that money to actual charities. Maybe like one that helps real life women dealing with domestic violence or something?

I did buy my copy of Battlefield partly because longtime fan and up to the launch is sounded like they were doing some good changes to the core design of the game, and partly to just give the finger to these people.

Agreed though that there are better ways to give the middle finger, charities for women's protection against abuse etc. is an excellent method, than to buy corporate products.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The WWII aesthetic is draws upon a real war, real genocide, and actual evil...I just don't think most regular types of people want to play in that world.
Yeah just anecdotal but my GF hated BF1 because she said it was too realistic, depressing and jarring (in part due to the geaphics, sound design and voice acting) but likes Overwatch and the like.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, it's one of the reasons why I've migrated toward mobile gaming in general as I've gotten older—the communities are waaaaay more inclusive and mature than what I've experienced in console and PC spaces. Even in something like Epic 7 or KR, which are waifoo collectors, you regularly see queer content and husbando love without anyone batting an eye or crying about SJW infiltrating their playspaces. I used to loathe mobile gaming and everything associated with it, now it's become a Mecca I'd never have imagined.

I think it has to do with mobile gaming reaching out to a wider audience who don't have entitlement issues. Mobile games also tend to start of with a fresh slates (except for those which depend on franchaise legacies, such as the FF games) so there is less expectations on what or how the games should be like.

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason this all reminds me of the Total War community and their latest controversy. Something about historical wars really brings bigots together.
The Total War thing was a bit weirder in that it was orchestrated from somewhere higher. The patch that added women came out in March 2018, but there was no controversy until September 2018 when One Angry Gamer (right-wing website) posted about it.

The players gave no fucks until a right-winger told them to be mad at it six months later. It's like they're actually the NPC meme that they like to post about the left.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
And my opinion of gamers continue to get lower. 'Gamer Genocide'. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Those people are crazy.

Good on EA and DICE for not letting the alt-right win.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, it makes sense right? Gamers are known to care about history and how accurate it is portrayed in games. They really are the historians the world needs.

lmao wtf is wrong with these guys

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
How would that work? Besides, the cynical side of me wonders if this stuff is manufactured to drive sales somehow...not a fan of corporations.

If you want to make the world a better place, donate that money to actual charities. Maybe like one that helps real life women dealing with domestic violence or something?
You are right when it comes to better ways to help these causes. It just happens that I really like the game too but not enough to buy it at launch, but this kind of reaction towards it's diversity is making me change my mind.

I want games to remain diverse. Don't want them to please the alt-right mob.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
True, but that's only half the story here.

I don't care what reddit mods and users did, that's not the bigger picture here.

That is the point of the thread. If you or anyone else doesn't like what this thread is about, make a thread about your problems with BFV. What your saying has been mentioned in the preview threads, multiple review threads, and the OT.

That's not what this thread is about. Read the OP ffs.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I think it has to do with mobile gaming reaching out to a wider audience who don't have entitlement issues. Mobile games also tend to start of with a fresh slates (except for those which depend on franchaise legacies, such as the FF games) so there is less expectations on what or how the games should be like.

Oh definitely. I'd love to see someone like Schrier (Spelling? Sorry!) do a piece on mobile demographics and, say, competitiveness and social disposition, compared to "traditional" gamers. We all know the answers already—well most of on this board, at least. Would be interesting data, nonetheless.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
The Total War thing was a bit weirder in that it was orchestrated from somewhere higher. The patch that added women came out in March 2018, but there was no controversy until September 2018 when One Angry Gamer (right-wing website) posted about it.

The players gave no fucks until a right-winger told them to be mad at it six months later. It's like they're actually the NPC meme that they like to post about the left.
Definitely. I read a lot about that when it happened and it was obvious it was orchestrated. The thing is, the big names in the community bit the bait and created a storm that got a lot of the playerbase angry. It just seems like, whenever historical accuracy is mentioned in these kinds of games, the bigot come out of the woodwork to attack people.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
DICE and EA have basically tripled down with BFV at this point. It's good to see at least one big publisher actively oppose the trash fire segment of gaming communities. Never too late to start.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017

I did buy my copy of Battlefield partly because longtime fan and up to the launch is sounded like they were doing some good changes to the core design of the game, and partly to just give the finger to these people.

Agreed though that there are better ways to give the middle finger, charities for women's protection against abuse etc. is an excellent method, than to buy corporate products.

:)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about rest of the BFV SP missions and I don't care what they do with MP but DICE did change mission that happened in Norway. They replaced 10 men mission with mother/daughter story that added nothing to that story. I created thread about that few days ago. That is something I don't like. There were many real world both male and female heroes that deserved to see their story told.

But reaction on reddit is ridiculous.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Skillup and his idiot brother showing their asses again.

The fact that devs and pubs suck up to these so-called influencers is infuriating.
I've only been aware of Skillup for like two months, my initial impression was already negative (popped up in Easy Allies review comments) and they just keep on digging.
For some reason this all reminds me of the Total War community and their latest controversy. Something about historical wars really brings bigots together.
Yeah there was also "don't buy it or use mods if you want" comment from one of their community people that got folks outraged. So that's also bit similar to this. I personally think it's sound advice, nothing to get angry over. It takes character to tell possible customers to take a hike, I have to respect that.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is that what you mean when you say dont make a WWII game if you want a progressive player base?

yeah. I mean I really shouldn't stereotype, but enthusiasts of real life wars maybe aren't by-in-large the most progressive of people, especially when looking at disposable entertainment properties. So if you choose to base your game around that...idk...isn't like opening a gun shop and being mad that you have to service NRA members?

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is that what you mean when you say dont make a WWII game if you want a progressive player base?

yeah. I mean I really shouldn't stereotype, but enthusiasts of real life wars maybe aren't by-in-large the most progressive of people, especially when looking at disposable entertainment properties. So if you choose to base your game around that...idk...isn't like opening a gun shop and being mad that you have to service NRA members?

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. I main medic and the amount of times I've heard "why are you a *asian or black slur* bitch?" Or something similar by random squadmates I'm reviving has been pretty appalling.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, that sub has been up in flames since the first trailers of the game. The trumpanzees and incels swamped it and never left. Looks like there's a few on this board too. Go figure.

R/battlefieldV is the place to go for actual game discussion now.

Props to DICE for not backing down to the loud trash.

I slam the game for the amount of bugs and balance issues but the core gameplay is the best the series has ever been. Hopefully it gets enough patch support to hit that potential.

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact: I browsed Neogaf for fun while ResetEra was down for 2.0 and they too had a thread about this, but the overall tone was the exact opposite of here. They condemned Dice for "not adhering ot history and killing the series".

Dec 12, 2017
Is women fighting on the frontline of WW2 historical accurate? No

But who cares, this is not only a video game, but a goofy war video game that's not meant to be serious.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Fun fact: I browsed Neogaf for fun while ResetEra was down for 2.0 and they too had a thread about this, but the overall tone was the exact opposite of here. They condemned Dice for "not adhering ot history and killing the series".
Haha same... I've heard what people have said about the place now but always thought they were exaggerating. I was wrong, the place was awful to read. And I don't mean "different opinions", I mean all the "soy, cuck and SJW" talk that's really prevalent. If one can't criticize the game without slipping into that territory, it shows their problems aren't actually with the game, it's amount of content and it's quality. Or even with the historical accuracy. Their problem is with diversity and inclusion and those people don't deserve the time of the day.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Haha same... I've heard what people have said about the place now but always thought they were exaggerating. I was wrong, the place was awful to read. And I don't mean "different opinions", I mean all the "soy, cuck and SJW" talk that's really prevalent. If one can't criticize the game without slipping into that territory, it shows their problems aren't actually with the game, it's amount of content and it's quality. Or even with the historical accuracy. Their problem is with diversity and inclusion and those people don't deserve the time of the day.

Yeah, right? The OP even said he was banned on ResetEra like it was something to be proud of. A sad reminder of how far this place has fallen.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Reading that thread made me lose faith in humanity. Like seriously, getting this mad about the inclusion of women as playable characters is just beyond belief.

Meanwhile I'm having more fun with BF5 than any other BF game before it.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I'm level 41 in BFV, and I just realised that the dumbest thing is that you very rarely even realise you're fighting a woman in the game anyway. It's only with the death scream of the character that you realise, otherwise it's just 'this character model doesn't have a name above = shoot at character model'.

Such a petty thing to whinge about.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The weird thing here is that Call of Duty WWII did the same thing, including women as soldiers in the multiplayer mode. It became one of the biggest sellers on PS4/Xbox One.

Are Call of Duty fans more mature than Battlefield fans?
Considering how many comments each WWII trailer got during development to the tune of "Too many women, not enough swastikas!", I'm going to say no.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely happy someone as big as EA/DICE and a property as big as Battlefield decided to take the chuds head on. Too many folks in gaming seem scared or hesitant to call out racism, bigotry, and misogyny.

Game's not too bad, either!

no1

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
The weird thing here is that Call of Duty WWII did the same thing, including women as soldiers in the multiplayer mode. It became one of the biggest sellers on PS4/Xbox One.

Are Call of Duty fans more mature than Battlefield fans?
Yeah it just seemingly just got brushed off by that community?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That banner is just ridiculous, those quotes are just....oof.

Well they have to do something to get people talking about the game I gues.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because alt rights took over the 'other forum'

it is a total shithole at this point.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The mod who said he had a gf took me out of his story. I seriously have a hard time believing that when he also follows r/t_d.
Also gamer genocide is hilarious. r/gamingcirclejerk and r/gamersriseup slowly becoming reality.

Foxtastical

Oct 27, 2017
I'm level 41 in BFV, and I just realised that the dumbest thing is that you very rarely even realise you're fighting a woman in the game anyway. It's only with the death scream of the character that you realise, otherwise it's just 'this character model doesn't have a name above = shoot at character model'.

Such a petty thing to whinge about.
Haha, I know. It's mindblowing to me how overblown all this shit is.

Also, really liking the game so far. I don't have the time I used to so I haven't been able to poop sock it. Not bored with the limited maps and shit yet at all. But I can see that being an issue if updates don't come out soon.

Last edited:

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I play and all my characters are women. I seriously hope every time I kill one of these people that they shout out "women didn't fight in war." Then they feverously scribble on a note pad that all the deaths that round cause by women characters didn't count as they try to calculate their own kill to death ratio.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Women in Battlefield isn't historically accurate
Instantly reviving someone by pressing a button isn't historically accurate
Having your health regen isn't historically accurate

It's a ... video game but of course the only historical inaccuracy people lose their shit over is women.
That's the scary thing, of all things, they bring up gender for their meltdown. Im glad Dice is continuing on their path of inclusiveness.