• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 10, 2018
You're mistaken, I mean I was expecting bad things from Dice base off that title (I haven't seen the video yet at the time), hence why I was surprise when I read what was going on from this thread because it's completely opposite of what I thought.

Ah ok. I thought you meant Laymen's response, because they have been taking sides against DICE since day one.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Just spent a short spell scrolling through the Reddit and NeoGaf threads, the ones where ResetEra is mentioned. I just truly truly do not understand the rage and hatred. How can people rally so hard against things like inclusivity unironically?

My biggest fear in this is that BFV will underperform, and it'll be impossible to tell what impact the hatred had on the performance against any actual issues the game has (such as it's content delivery schedule) and as a result other big devs/pubs will pander to the hate.

It's just so fucking sad that in order to be financially successful you have to appeal to such people as well.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
I got downvoted to oblivion for telling someone that called BFV 'Battlefield Vagina' that he was sexist.

He claimed he had 'no problem with women in games' yet labelled the game that and said it forced 'identity poliltics'. Ok pal. They're truly a lost cause

Nov 11, 2017
Software
Idk if it's a wise choice labelling any critic as some kind of alt-right troll.

Anyway DICEs stance is clear on this. If anyone doesn't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
The funny thing is they act like you can't easily see their comment history and all their visits to /r/conspiracy and /r/KotakuInAction or whatever the hell else. "Ah so you just label opinions you don't like as Alt-Right?!"

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Holy fuck I can't believe this all happened cause of playble women. Seriously fuck anyone who frequents that sub reddit. I'm legitimately sick after reading one thread posted in here. Nope nope. Also.... gamer genocide? How fucked up are these people? Jesus it's sickening.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
"Call of Duty Infinite Conquest powered by new SunBurn Engine"

DICE join Sony, hell or even Microsoft
(Max. 1 month exclusivity or gtfo) already.

U will be fine

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone antagonized by inclusion should take a long walk off a short pier.

Maybe the fans that liked their battlefield a little more grounded (as the series has always been) and a little less fantastical steampunk (after seeing that trailer) deserved a little more along the lines of "we're changing the formula a little with this one" and slightly less "get educated, get used to it or just don't buy it," from EA and DICE, then maybe this whole sh1t show wouldn't have gone down. Now I'm not suggesting that there are not a good number of arseholes out there, but to suggest that the 63% less sales are due to 63% of the fans being arseholes rather than them just not being interested in alternate reality WW2 is just ridiculous, and fairly obvious. Doubling down with that banner is not going to shift those copies already on half price after a week.

I don't even like Battlefield, but I do enjoy a good implosion, I'd like to see EA stick their underpants on their head, two pencils up their nose and say wibble.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the fans that liked their battlefield a little more grounded (as the series has always been) and a little less fantastical steampunk (after seeing that trailer) deserved a little more along the lines of "we're changing the formula a little with this one" and slightly less "get educated, get used to it or just don't buy it," from EA and DICE, then maybe this whole sh1t show wouldn't have gone down. Now I'm not suggesting that there are not a good number of arseholes out there, but to suggest that the 63% less sales are due to 63% of the fans being arseholes rather than them just not being interested in alternate reality WW2 is just ridiculous, and fairly obvious. Doubling down with that banner is not going to shift those copies already on half price after a week.

I don't even like Battlefield, but I do enjoy a good implosion, I'd like to see EA stick their underpants on their head, two pencils up their nose and say wibble.
This is the series where people ride on the wings of airplanes, right?

The one where, traditionally, tanks on fire are fixed by a lone engineer with a wrench within seconds?

The one where respawning soldier popping out of thin air has always been a core feature?

The one where people can survive getting pumped full of lead in their core if a medic touches them?

The one where people toss ammo packs onto the ground like it's a Easter egg hunt?

That's this series with a grounded take on battle that you're saying went too far with *checks notes* having woman exist?

Oct 27, 2017
This is the series where people ride on the wings of airplanes, right?

The one where, traditionally, tanks on fire are fixed by a lone engineer with a wrench within seconds?

The one where respawning soldier popping out of thin air has always been a core feature?

The one where people can survive getting pumped full of lead in their core if a medic touches them?

The one where people toss ammo packs onto the ground like it's a Easter egg hunt?

That's this series with a grounded take on battle that you're saying went too far with *checks notes* having woman exist?

Had a little bet with myself someone would reply with this. You win Bully's special prize.

How did you get women from "fantastical steampunk" you reaching hard their, kid?

Oct 27, 2017

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil

I mean, they removed the more wacky customization, did they not? And did you read the interview where the guy was calling people uneducated? He says right there that he has a problem with people that were complaining about the air time the female character got. Tell me there was not a vocal minority doing that. And guess what, that vocal minority remains complaining about the same thing, all you have to do is read the reddit post that directs to this thread. There are a lot of members in that community upset at what they see as "identity politics", not at the "prosthetic limb", or the "vaulting of windows", or the "cricket bat with barbed wire".

That's the people being mocked. If you do feel mocked too, then that's on you for being ignorant.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
In response to this very thread:
rQYdFU5.jpg

So good news, it's working.
if reading different opinions gives him cancer then maybe he should stay in his safe space :thinking:

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they removed the more wacky customization, did they not? And did you read the interview where the guy was calling people uneducated? He says right there that he has a problem with people that were complaining about the air time the female character got. Tell me there was not a vocal minority doing that. And guess what, that vocal minority remains complaining about the same thing, all you have to do is read the reddit post that directs to this thread. There are a lot of members in that community upset at what they see as "identity politics", not at the "prosthetic limb", or the "vaulting of windows", or the "cricket bat with barbed wire".

That's the people being mocked. If you do feel mocked too, then that's on you for being ignorant.

I think you missed the part where I have no interest in the game. See, you can jump on people all you like but that's not going to change the fact that changing the BF formula, and going on the offensive, has done EA and DICE no good in the long run. It's not the vocal minority that has seen a 60% drop in sales.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Dice should have said #nobodiesbattlefield. Since sales are so low compared to previous games. Except in japan where they were obivious to all the nonsense.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dice should have said #nobodiesbattlefield. Since sales are so low compared to previous games. Except in japan where they were obivious to all the nonsense.

What's the point to this? No, seriously, what is the point? Come in and bash the game sales and dismiss them trying to add the inclusion of women? GTFO with this.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The alt right or just people that have a problem with women in game are ruining this community. I much prefer play as a male character. I have the option to do that in game. But I made my whole squad a group of war face painted women on the off chance I can piss some of these people off when I get a kill.

It's a shame, it's a great game but the backlash is hurting a game that normally would have sold more and been higher up on the most played chart. These people need to get over themselves and their prejudice

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I think you missed the part where I have no interest in the game. See, you can jump on people all you like but that's not going to change the fact that changing the BF formula, and going on the offensive, has done EA and DICE no good in the long run. It's not the vocal minority that has seen a 60% drop in sales.

This topic isn't about the sales, though. It's about what people are complaining about on that subreddit. This topic is about a moderator from that subreddit (who happens to be a T_D poster) removing all other moderators in an attempt to "protect free speech." Why, then, are we talking about sales figures? Are you really gonna ignore my entire post and go "well, DICE was being mean to me and my fellow Gamers"?

Why do you feel attacked when people are mocking those calling for the end of identity politics in games? Because you certainly felt attacked by DICE when that screenshot showed nothing but quotes like "White men! White men! White men!" or "Feminazies are trying to rewrite history!"

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Good on Dice for shit on this "fans". Glad they are sticking tru this, even when everything against them.

And of course people were gonna blame the low sales to this. If this people knew just a lil' tad bit about how the economy and the industry actually works, it was mainly because of EA with the multiple release schedule and launch amidst the highest possible competition that tanked sales, not your silly calls to arms because women exist.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
This topic isn't about the sales, though. It's about what people are complaining about on that subreddit. This topic is about a moderator from that subreddit (who happens to be a T_D poster) removing all other moderators in an attempt to "protect free speech." Why, then, are we talking about sales figures? Are you really gonna ignore my entire post and go "well, DICE was being mean to me and my fellow Gamers"?

Why do you feel attacked when people are mocking those calling for the end of identity politics in games? Because you certainly felt attacked by DICE when that screenshot showed nothing but quotes like "White men! White men! White men!" or "Feminazies are trying to rewrite history!"

I feel you should have known where his sympathies truly lie when he started complaining about 'alternate reality WW2'.

Oct 27, 2017

I dont feel attacked, that's all you, mate. My original point about mocking fans rather than engaging with your fans to convey your direction, was my point. Which leads to he sales, which are dire.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
In regards to sales, I would have hoped people rallied behind DICE for standing up to the Alt Right and supported this game more. It doesn't send a good message to other devs who may want to fight back.

Is it lacking on maps? Sure but DICE has always been on point with support for their battlefield games, usually giving plenty of maps for free outside of free ones. I'm also a fan of the drip feed format map wise.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I dont feel attacked, that's all you, mate. My original point about mocking fans rather than engaging with your fans to convey your direction, was my point. Which leads to he sales, which are dire.
Please educate yourself a bit.

And of course people were gonna blame the low sales to this. If this people knew just a lil' tad bit about how the economy and the industry actually works, it was mainly because of EA with the multiple release schedule and launch amidst the highest possible competition that tanked sales, not your silly calls to arms because women exist.

No one was mocking the "fans". You can not call yourself a fan of a product if you don't want it to evolve and get better for everyone. Cathering to a niche pathetic group is not "listening to the fans".

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
There is some WEIRD people in that sub. Found comments about people wanting to rp as nazis wtf.

Okay so from what I can gather, this all started with that weird reveal trailer? That definitely divided people. I mean isn't it general consensus it was a bad trailer? Got a lot of people confused on the actual setting of the game + how many years has it been since a pre rendered fake first person gameplay trailer lol

Oct 27, 2017
Surely this has been posted, but thread about them talking about era specifically. So much cringe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel..._dice_dev_posts_on_resetera_if_anything_this/

if you think that's said, check out the thread at the "old place".

https://www./threads/genderfield-v-the-saga-continues.1468749/

Man, it makes me glad that Era doesn't stand for this kind of shit.

This really got me thinking. All those people are so far lost in their own, warped version of reality, how are we supposed to get them out of this?

It seems that who will be right in the future will boil down more and more to who is the last one standing to spread his views, whether they are good or bad. Which is really sad.

Oct 27, 2017
Please educate yourself a bit.

No one was mocking the "fans". You can not call yourself a fan of a product if you don't want it to evolve and get better for everyone. Cathering to a niche pathetic group is not "listening to the fans".

I specifically said I am not a fan of the product. If you think a 60% down on BF is due to release schedule only, I have a bridge to sell you.

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, that sub is pathetic. It used to be a good reddit sub too but it turned to shit over the past year or so.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
The old school slow paced Battlefield experience is long gone. Like 5 games ago.

Also the idea that the mainstream consumer who actually makes or breaks the sales figures is aware of this "controversy" is baffling to say the least.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Good on Dice for shit on this "fans". Glad they are sticking tru this, even when everything against them.

Same here. I don't think the incels had any tangible effect on BFV sales as much as they think they did lol.
EA simply just bungled this game for the myriad of reasons you pointed out.

Promising to fix/add to your game through GAAS also doesn't help attract early buyers either.

This rage against "women in mah vidya" from the alt right is not breaking into the main stream conscious of most game buyers.
Good on Dice for their stance overall though!

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil

Maybe the fans that liked their battlefield a little more grounded (as the series has always been) and a little less fantastical steampunk (after seeing that trailer) deserved a little more along the lines of "we're changing the formula a little with this one" and slightly less "get educated, get used to it or just don't buy it," [...]

You are saying DICE was disrespecting fans such as you, when in reality they were talking about the people complaining about women getting priority in the trailers. That's why I asked if you read the interview where that quote comes from:

"These are people who are uneducated—they don't understand that this is a plausible scenario, and listen: this is a game," he added. "And today gaming is gender-diverse, like it hasn't been before. There are a lot of female people who want to play, and male players who want to play as a badass [woman]."

Why do you think he was mentioning fans such as you? I mean, this is what they are against:

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Idk if it's a wise choice labelling any critic as some kind of alt-right troll.
That's not happening at all. Nobody who is criticizing game mechanics, game modes, amount of content etc. isn't labeled as an alt-right troll. Anyone raging about "soyboys, SJW:s and cucks" ruining BF is an alt-right troll though. Or atleast stupid enough to deserve ridicule. I'm not saying there couldn't be a discussion to be had about historical accuracy/authenticity in games that somewhat strive for it. But that discussion is poisoned because of those people going on about dumb shit like "gamer genocide".

These similar reactions aren't even restricted to games like Total War and Battlefield. People likewise complain about gay characters in games like Last of Us in example. They complain about Naughty Dog "agenda".

Edit: Also related to EA, there was similar backlash when they added female teams to Fifa. So this isn't the first time. This same shit happened with Battlefield One too, with the black protagonist.

Yeah EA is still recovering from their loot box shenanigans. This game reviewed bit worse than the previous Battlefield game. There's some legitimate issues with the game, but it's not really the female characters. There's multiple factors affecting sales, like always. Of course there's also people who didn't buy the game because of the inclusion of women, but not nearly all.

Last edited: