• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

jjBvZME.png

42MAiMo.png

Click the link for the full response.

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Player choice and female playable characters are here to stay. "

Good!
Don't give in to the pieces of crap that are trying to make this into some sort of scandal/boycot/whatever.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Well said. Let them bitch about nothing while everyone else can enjoy the games even more.

Also lmao at the fucking 3 man horse riding.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I shouldn't baffled but why people are up in arms over women in the game is just....baffling.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
That gif truly is why I play BF games lol. Could care less how realistic they are as long as I can do dumb fun shit in interesting settings.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Good.

I was kind of hoping it would just be a flat, "Fuck all ya'll".

But this is good.

And those whiny piss babies will buy the game anyway.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this. I don't even care for Battlefield usually, but I'll probably pick BF5 this year, they've earned a sale from me.

Pepin

Oct 27, 2017
London
Mad respect to Oskar - his word yesterday inspired me to write a piece for Fandom and it's just gone live to boot:

'Battlefield V' is Right to Include Women — They Were Vital to World War II

My thoughts summed up, pretty much:

As such, I highly praise DICE for its decision to show this in Battlefield V. Games (particularly first-person shooters) have focused on the heteronormative caucasian male for so, so long, and DICE and EA's deviation from that standard deserves praise, not detraction. Whether a small (but vocal) part of the gaming community likes it or not, this will soon be the norm: the goal is equality.

Conversations online have sprung up talking about DICE 'selling out' or 'giving in' to political correctness. This perception is crazily off-kilter. As someone that's been working in this industry for over five years and has had the pleasure of meeting developers in studios around the world, I promise you more game developers are on the side of equality than are against it.

There are so many women from history that games like this could celebrate, and so in order to put to bed some of the hateful and ignorant comments we've seen floating around since Battlefield V's announcement, we want to show some of them off.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the title should be changed to: DICE GM response on Battlefield V "controversy"

Edit: nicely done! This is the kind of thing that ensures that behaviour such as being angry at the inclusion of women (or other minorities) in a game is not viewed as normal nor as cause for actual controversy.

Last edited:

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
You must be a real fuckwad if this type of shit bothers you from enjoying the game. How fucked do you have to be.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
That's cool & all, never buying an EA game ever again after Battlefront 2, or closing Bullfrog, or about 50 other things.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes. That was not an ambiguous statement. The response is loud and clear: alt-right sexist pricks can fuck off.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, love to see them sticking to their guns. This is a video game. Not a historical simulation. I have zero patience for people who cherry pick only the misogynistic parts of how they want their video games to adhere to "historical accuracy"

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
On the topic of the game not being respectful of history, the idea that you need to be "respectful" in your treatment of history seems to be a somewhat recent invention which is, outside of certain highly specific issues that should be obvious, generally false. Over the top and campy depictions of WW2 and other conflicts have been around completely uncontroversially for a very long time, and I highly doubt that all the people whining about this had anything to say when Inglorious Basterds came out.

I can only assume that to a large extent the reason people are complaining about the "respect" thing is so they can say "oh no, I'm not butthurt that there's women in the game, I care about historical accuracy in my series which is renowned for having shit all respect for the laws of physics, let alone respect for history. Now excuse me while I upvote this reddit clip of someone jumping out of a jet fighter, shooting down a helicoter with an RPG and then landing back in their plane".

None of these people give a shit about immersion, realism or respect, it's just a thin cover for whining about represetation.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
I must have missed something. Are people complaining about women being in the game??? Any news thread I can be linked to please?

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
First, let me be clear about one thing. Player choice and female playable characters are here to stay.

Glad they straight up said it. It would have been an even bigger mess if they showed themselves giving into a bunch of whiny fucks and removing it.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Should have clarified it wasn't singleplayer and that the second half was actual gameplay.

I think a lot of people would be like "oh..." if they knew that trailer wasn't just a CG trailer for the story campaign.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact Dice has to step up and address this, shows how fucked up is gaming in 2018 and how shitty is the overall social climate in the world.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the entirety of Battlefield Era chooses to use women characters so we can lay waste to GG and other bigoted fucks as a community!

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I must have missed something. Are people complaining about women being in the game??? Any news thread I can be linked to please?

Oh boy are they ever. The usual suspects are furious over "historical accuracy". In a battlefield game. I'm on Mobile, with no links handy, but it's easy enough to find if you're so inclined.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
You know you're a misogynist when you're complaining about this instead of automatic weapons in WWII

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, female multiplayer characters being here to stay in the franchise from here on out is going to sting some people.

Battlefield was the "last resort" franchise for a lot of these idiots ever since CoD allowed you to pick genders and other shooters like Siege and Overwatch had a good balance of female representation.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Is it bad that I m laughing at the manufacured controversy here? Give a couple of dozen blowhards a megaphone on Twitter and here we are.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Good.
These gamers are dumb as hell.
None of the stuff in BF has ever made sense or historically correct.

For example, in BF these Vietcongs could fly a MIG and A1 and would get 30+ aces.
If you can find me a VC that can fly a jet and out aced American pilots in the VN war historically, I will take back my words.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy are they ever. The usual suspects are furious over "historical accuracy". In a battlefield game. I'm on Mobile, with no links handy, but it's easy enough to find if you're so inclined.
Found it actually. This is sad. It just feels blatantly hiding behind "historic" reasons for another agenda. Glad Dice officially said this.