• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
"In short, when it comes to the war against terrorists, I'm a hawk," she told the Hawaii Tribune-Herald last year. "When it comes to counterproductive wars of regime change, I'm a dove."

that is an outstanding quote

I went on the Reddit /r/politics post of this and most comments are saying she's an opportunist brings joy to my heart. Glad some people have seen through her bullshit now.

that's refreshing.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Remember Steve Bannon is a fan of her and wants to work with her,

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is Hawaii one of those states where everyone is a Democrat, even people that would normally be Republican, because that's the only party that can win? Is there anything about her at all that's liberal or progressive?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a another drain on Sander's shrinking base.
It's very much a sign that other people smell blood in the water w/ a potential 2020 Sanders bid.
It was so bizarre to witness too. She attacked Obama from the RIGHT on foreign policy. She was all worked up about Obama not calling terrorism "radical islamic" terrorism just like the rightwing lol.

There was nothing about her that should appeal to your average Bernie fan other than that she endorsed him.
Worse, she did it on FOX NEWS.
Is Hawaii one of those states where everyone is a Democrat, even people that would normally be Republican, because that's the only party that can win? Is there anything about her at all that's liberal or progressive?
This is exactly what's going on. Her parents flipped R->D purely for this reason.

less

Oct 25, 2017
It would have been wiser for her to keep her head down but I am gleefully cheering this on if it means she goes down in flames.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The only reason why she might get knocked out early despite caping for Assad and being a homophobe is because she is a "she" and Americans have a nasty attitude toward female politicians in general (ranging from the current crop of AOC attacks to the pre-2016 election televised attitude of many older people in and around bible belt that saw a "woman" being unfit to lead a country).

So you think if she was an islamophibic man who attacked Obama and was homophobic, she'd last long? Maybe "he'd" last longer, but not by much.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
That's a pretty big "despite."

Look at the current sack of shit and his administration that presides over America. Look at it knowing full well that this asshole started his campaign with racist remarks and dehumanizing latinos (I say latinos in general because of the racially charged incidents that have taken place involving American citizens in full view public since the trash took office). And then came more lies about his wealth and the reason for obscuring tax returns etc. Then came all the talk of what a pervert he is with regards to younger women at the pageantry. Despite all of that he won 68 million votes and Electoral College pushed this asinine filth to power.

Do you really believe if half of that were true for an equally vile female politician (especially the sexual stuff) from the Republican party, she would have gotten far let alone become the president?

Also, the social totem pole for Americans for leadership position in public view generally goes like this:

1. White christian man
2. White christian woman
3. Non-white christian man
4. Non-white christian woman
5. The rest

Tulsi Gabbard (iirc) is multi-racial. Lest we forget the times where Obama had to contend with fictitious birther bullshit (which Trump the asshole dolt was also part of) the same purity test bullshit would be expected to be thrown her way.

But as aforementioned, she is a right wing democrat and the country could do without one in the coming few years as the overton window has already shifted significantly to the right.

Harris has a real shot at clenching the primaries. She won't be getting knocked out of the democratic primaries for being female.

I guess we shall see.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot of people who believe she is likely still right-wing and only switched because thats the only party that can win. Hell because he dad did and he ADMITTED that he did lol.

Especially because she didn't evolve on issues, she basically flipped a switch overnight. She went from being a leading voice in the state politics against gay people and throwing out horrible anti-gay attacks to suddenly being pro-LGBT overnight when she decided to run for congress.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Between her and Richard Ojeda the "anyone who endorsed Sanders and criticizes the establishment must be a left-wing icon" crowd has their dream ticket.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was so bizarre to witness too. She attacked Obama from the RIGHT on foreign policy. She was all worked up about Obama not calling terrorism "radical islamic" terrorism just like the rightwing lol.

There was nothing about her that should appeal to your average Bernie fan other than that she endorsed him.
Reminds me of the post election Biden threads that were hailing him as a progressive that was put away by the establishment by the Sander crowd.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Not finding much info about this. Only a speech she made in the early 2000's against legislation for an anti-gay bullying. Since then she's apologized for that and has championed for and voted for gay marriage. "gay marriage should be celebrated".

It looks like she's a hardcore catholic and theres some obvious conflict between her faith and gay marriage but at least her voting record is on the right side of history when it comes down to it.
she's hindu. I think her dad's a catholic.

Deleted member 2426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She won't make much of an splash. Too incoherent to even exists in a democratic primary.

Probably disappears before / right after Iowa.

Opportunistic as fuck though.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not finding much info about this. Only a speech she made in the early 2000's against legislation for an anti-gay bullying. Since then she's apologized for that and has championed for and voted for gay marriage. "gay marriage should be celebrated".

It looks like she's a hardcore catholic and theres some obvious conflict between her faith and gay marriage but at least her voting record is on the right side of history when it comes down to it.
She admitted in 2015 her personal views havent changed. She still hates gay people. She just doesn't vote that way because she doesnt feel government should enforce her personally views. Which is just as bad.

"When questioned why the LGBT caucus, which had actually supported her three years earlier, had turned against her, the chairman cited two things. One was her less-than-stellar answers to a questionnaire the LGBT Caucus had sent. The other was a 2015 interview with Ozy, in which she confirmed that her personal views on gay marriage and abortion hadn't changed, just her view on whether the government should enforce its vision of morality."

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean at the end of the day politicians are all opportunistic, it's the nature of the biz, but it was super transparent how she hitched her wagon to Sanders, and how many people ate it up at the time.

Deleted member 2426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If Hillary Clinton was able to get away with it I guess Tulsi can too?

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
She'll just cannibalize Bernie's support. Her only fans seem to be the Bernie-or-bust types.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
She admitted in 2015 her personal views havent changed. She still hates gay people. She just doesn't vote that way because she doesnt feel government should enforce her personally views. Which is just as bad.

"When questioned why the LGBT caucus, which had actually supported her three years earlier, had turned against her, the chairman cited two things. One was her less-than-stellar answers to a questionnaire the LGBT Caucus had sent. The other was a 2015 interview with Ozy, in which she confirmed that her personal views on gay marriage and abortion hadn't changed, just her view on whether the government should enforce its vision of morality."

She "hates" gays or she doesn't agree with it? I don't agree with a lot of things but that doesn't mean I hate it/them/whatever. If it does conflict with her religion and she still votes for it because it's the right thing to do..then more power to her and I give her extra credit for that.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means Sanders isn't running since she was at that get together for his supporters. She's running, Warren is running, Sherrod might be running, Weaver isn't coming back, Beto picked up his digital team, etc.

But he hasn't given any signs himself that he's not running.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means Sanders isn't running since she was at that get together for his supporters. She's running, Warren is running, Sherrod might be running, Weaver isn't coming back, Beto picked up his digital team, etc.
Apparently Tulsi's got an ex-Sanders person as her manager too.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She "hates" gays or she doesn't agree with it? I don't agree with a lot of things but that doesn't mean I hate it/them/whatever. If it does conflict with her religion and she still votes for it because it's the right thing to do..then more power to her and I give her extra credit for that.

Does she hate gay people?

"As Democrats, we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists," she said at the time.

This is from 1998, so you tell me

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

perhaps you can understand why queer people do not give extra credit to someone who makes it explicitly clear that they think gays are icky.

OP
OP
Autodidact

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Extra credit ain't much good if you flunk the test anyway.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She has openly attacked gay people and used hateful language against them. She hates gay people. And is outspoken in being against homosexuality.

Oh and she has no problem going on white power supporter Tucker Carlson to talk up her right-wing foreign policy bullshit:
maxresdefault.jpg

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing Homophobia
perhaps you can understand why queer people do not give extra credit to someone who makes it explicitly clear that they think gays are icky.

That wasn't what I was responding to though. "hate" is a strong assumption..heck even 'icky'. It may simple be her religion tells her it's not natural and that's that. Either way, what matters is she's putting her vote where it matters.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
She has openly attacked gay people and used hateful language against them. She hates gay people. And is outspoken in being against homosexuality.

Oh and she has no problem going on white power supporter Tucker Carlson to talk up her right-wing foreign policy bullshit:
maxresdefault.jpg
The stuff you are pulling up with fingers covered in dorito dust on an old compaq, imagine the stuff they will highlight in a cutthroat primary.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That wasn't what I was responding to though. "hate" is a strong assumption..heck even 'icky'. It may simple be her religion tells her it's not natural and that's that. Either way, what matters is she's putting her vote where it matters.
Dude. I am catholic. Born and raised. Catholic school and all.

That does not giver her an excuse for thinking gay people are "icky" as you call it.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

i need you to understand why this upsets queer people and why "she thinks gay people are unnatural" is not different from "icky" in any meaningful way

Dude. I am catholic. Born and raised. Catholic school and all.

That does not giver her an excuse for thinking gay people are "icky" as you call it.

i'm the one that introduced "icky" into the conversation

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, I'm not seeing that outside of what she said 15 years ago and has addressed and apologized for a long time ago. I did some quick research but not finding this "I hate gay people" people keep referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.