• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
She can drag everyone else in the field leftward and on the record about marijuana (is any other candidate also for full legalization?), and then she can fade away.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found it, was from the CNN article, not twitter like my brain was misremembering.
Rania Batrice, who was a deputy campaign manager for Bernie Sanders in 2016 and is now a top aide to Gabbard, will be the campaign manager, Batrice says.
She can drag everyone else in the field leftward and on the record about marijuana (is any other candidate also for full legalization?), and then she can fade away.
Pretty sure Beto is.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The road to 2020 is going to be a massive clusterfuck and I don't know if I can take it

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Being left on social issues like LGBT rights is non-negotiable though. It needs to be a given. And a leftist take on marijuana isn't just full legalization, but also releasing all people who are incarcerated with only drug charges on their record.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I'm not seeing that outside of what she said 15 years ago and has addressed and apologized for a long time ago. I did some quick research but not finding this "I hate gay people" people keep referring to.
She in 2015 said her views on gays have not changed personally, she just doesnt want government to enforce her personal views.

And what views are those? Oh how about:
""As Democrats, we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists,"

She said her views on gays have not changed personally, do you think someone who says things like this and stands by them as her own personal views likes gay people?

Oct 25, 2017
Again, not the point. But I understand why they would be upset. Can we move past this and back to the point of my response?

"Fittingly for her narrative, though, the explanation for her changed ideology feints us back onto familiar territory–the military," states the article. "It was, she says, the days in the Middle East that taught her the dangers of a theocratic government 'imposing its will' on the people. (She tells me that, no, her personal views haven't changed, but she doesn't figure it's her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others.)"

So, she had those homophobic views previously, said her personal views haven't changed as recently as 2016, and here we are, awarding her "extra credit" because she will swallow her pride and vote against her bigoted views?

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's changed. We swear! She stopped hating gay people now!

Wait whats that? Two fucking days ago she attacked Democratic senators for being opposed to a Trump judicial nominee for being part of an organization that funded and pushed the anti-gay marriage prop 8 in California?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-tulsi-gabbard-accuses-fellow-dems-of-stoking-religious-bigotry
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, appeared to accuse fellow Democrats of stoking "religious bigotry" this week for their questioning of a Trump judicial pick's Knights of Columbus membership.

"The Knights of Columbus has taken a number of extreme positions," Hirono said in the questionnaire. "For example, it was reportedly one of the top contributors to California's Proposition 8 campaign to ban same-sex marriage."

Harris, in her questions to the nominee, called the Knights of Columbus "an all-male society" and asked the Nebraska lawyer if he was aware that the group was anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage when he joined. The Catholic Church has opposed both abortion and gay marriage for centuries.

whoops.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Kamala Harris: ""We need to legalize marijuana and regulate it," Harris writes. "And we need to expunge nonviolent marijuana-related offenses from the records of millions of people who have been arrested and incarcerated so they can get on with their lives.""
Not her biggest fan, but if she can remain consistent on things like this throughout her run, I might not have to vote for her out of reluctance, which is good.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's changed. We swear! She stopped hating gay people now!

Wait whats that? Two fucking days ago she attacked Democratic senators for being opposed to a Trump judicial nominee for being part of an organization that funded and pushed the anti-gay marriage prop 8 in California?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-tulsi-gabbard-accuses-fellow-dems-of-stoking-religious-bigotry

whoops.
Attacking Mazie Hirono sure is a fantastic way to try and start your bid for the Democratic Nomination.

The trransparent projection in an attempt to pre-empt coverage of her own sketchy history was hilariously blatant.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Know what's even cooler? Attacking Obama for not blowing up enough Muslims in a tweet AND praising Putin in the same tweet!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of us are ready for the circus that will be the 2020 US presidential election.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is really weird though. Maybe he isn't really running after all?
3 weeks before the harassment group letter dropped, someone had a "blind item" tweet talking about how the assumption among journalists that _____ would be in the 2020 race was bizarre given that they had heard all the horror stories of bad management coming out from a former campaign. At the time people thought it might've been Klobuchar due to high staff turnover, but seems kinda clear it was referring to Sanders now. It's feeling like he wants to run- but the combo of 2016 issues and a bad 2020 outlook (no Hillary- no glue to try and reassemble his coalition) may mean he gets left with a D-team this go round if he does announce.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Yes because she's clearly talking about muslims in general and not specifically Al-Quaeda.

Yeah the al-quaeda that live in a place controlled by a dictator supported by Putin.

Oh wait that's now how it went.

Funny how you find any and all excuses to excuse her awful statements and behavior.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Yes because she's clearly talking about muslims in general and not specifically Al-Quaeda.
The implication being that throwing bombs at Al-Qaeda in Syria would almost certainly hit civilians because it's not like Al-Qaeda has military bases you can cleanly hit.

But if you want more explicit islamophobia from Tulsi, she's got you:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/11/tulsi-gabbard-is-not-who-you-think-she-is.html

It's a faith she shares with India's leader, Narendra Modi. But they share more than that— they share a hard-right political philosophy that is at odds with Gabbard's perceived role as a liberal touchstone in the Democratic Party.

Modi, a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party, or BJP, is well known in India for his hardline right wing politics. He was the governor of the state of Gujarat during riots in 2002 that killed over 2,000 Muslims. Modi has always skirted around his level of responsibility for the violence; on the one hand he can appeal to moderates by claiming ignorance, on the other his claims of ignorance are delivered with winks to the country's more extremist right-wing elements.

Gabbard's relationship with Modi is well documented in Indian publications. Her admiration of the authoritarian leader is the subject of multiple interviews, where she consistently affirms her support of the Prime Minister and his hardline party. In a three-week visit to India on the invitation of Modi himself, she was treated as a state guest and held private meetings with the Prime Minister and members of his party.

And Gabbard has protected Modi's interests in the US. She fought against a November, 2015, Congressional bill mentioning his role in the Gujarat massacres, decried the US's refusal to issue a visa for the controversial leader before 2014, and supported efforts to rewrite Indian history from a Hindu-supremacist viewpoint in US textbooks.

Last edited:

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the al-quaeda that live in a place controlled by a dictator supported by Putin.

Oh wait that's now how it went.

Funny how you find any and all excuses to excuse her awful statements and behavior.

Up until an hour ago I didn't even know who she is. The hot take attacks and hyperbole are silly. Funny how you ignore everything else.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
None of us are ready for the circus that will be the 2020 US presidential election.

v3wyLaX.png

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has gone under the radar.

I always see her name, but I have no idea what she is about?
She basically free-rode on exactly that among Bernie's crew, bandwagoning on w/ the anti-establishment stuff in 2016.

Now she's gonna get eviscerated in the primary because people will actually look at her record.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That tweet of hers I posted....I was intrigued how it never went viral.

So I sent it to a CNN Reporter.
jK4o2vN.png

He instantly then put the Tulsi tweet on blast:

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if she actually did well in a general because more white dudes would vote for her than any other Dem candidate. She won't get there though.

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
tulsi''s such an impressively bad candidate i'm convinced this timeline is going to warp reality somehow to make sure she wins

Status
Not open for further replies.