• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 weeks before the harassment group letter dropped, someone had a "blind item" tweet talking about how the assumption among journalists that _____ would be in the 2020 race was bizarre given that they had heard all the horror stories of bad management coming out from a former campaign. At the time people thought it might've been Klobuchar due to high staff turnover, but seems kinda clear it was referring to Sanders now. It's feeling like he wants to run- but the combo of 2016 issues and a bad 2020 outlook (no Hillary- no glue to try and reassemble his coalition) may mean he gets left with a D-team this go round if he does announce.

I mean yeah, but staffers leaving for Tulsi fucking Gabbard (specially when Bernie is polling 2nd) to me is symptomatic of something else going on, like people looking for whatever job they can get since the main one won't be available.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
You know how everyone from all sides claimed Hillary was the Warhawk?

Tulsi is that true Warhawk.
Except she's branded herself as the dove of the party since her opportunistic swap from fox news dem to bernie dem, which confuses the hell out of me. It's like she chose the most easily disprovable lie to tell.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah, but staffers leaving for Tulsi fucking Gabbard (specially when Bernie is polling 2nd) to me is symptomatic of something else going on, like people looking for whatever job they can get since the main one won't be available.
Well, why would they want to work for Bernie in 2020 if the stories about how working for Bernie in 2016 was awful? Why would they want to go through that again?

I think the Bernie 16 campaign being apparently a toxic environment is more reason his old staff likely wants no part in Bernie 2020 than assuming he wont run.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except she's branded herself as the dove of the party since her opportunistic swap from fox news dem to bernie dem, which confuses the hell out of me. It's like she chose the most easily disprovable lie to tell.
Tulsi is the ultimate opportunist.

She was a hard hard HARD social right-winger in local Hawaii politics. Flipped a switch to "liberal" to run for congress.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell will vote fo rher?

Oh who am I kidding. I'm sure we'll get a bunch of OP-EDs about how great she is and how we shouldn't let "identity politics" or "purity tests" get in the way.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

she is, by her own statements, a dove on imperialist regime change infinity wars, but a hawk on the war on terror. which is good, because the war on terror has never been used to justify endless bombings and infinity wars.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The only actual dem politician I would like less than Biden. Lol

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
You folks think her right-wing stances are spicy, just wait until reporters start asking her about Chris Butler nee Jagad Guru and the Science of Identity Foundation.

ImTheresaMay

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
OP, would you put Al-Qaeda Syrian rebel devotee Harris/Gilibrand/Booker etc. in their respective thread titles when they announce?

OP
OP
Autodidact

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
OP, would you put Al-Qaeda Syrian rebel devotee Harris/Gilibrand/Booker etc. in their respective thread titles when they announce?
No, because "Kirsten Gillibrand, who opposes dictators who gas their own people, announces presidential run" is a really verbose title and kind of unspoken for any candidate not named Tulsi Gabbard.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only way I'd vote for her is if she somehow won the primary, and that ain't happening

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is she a democrat? Is her district that conservative or is she just riding her father's name?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope she gets just enough hope that she decides to resign from house seat.

Deleted member 33887

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Every time I look up information on Gabbard, I think to myself "yeah, pretty much the exact opposite of what I would want in a president."

Last edited:

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
You know, there's absolutely nothing wrong with opposing war with or drone strikes on Syria. We're not the world police. Also, if we're going to be tut-tutting war criminals, we should hold ourselves and our allies accountable for our own war crimes against both our own citizens and against citizens of other nations.

I think Tulsi is shit for her views on Islam and her homophobia. But I can't at all fault her for thinking attacking Syria is really stupid. Because it is. Hypocritical too.

Wait, so she's PRO attacking Syria? But she's supposedly a "devotee of Assad". Huh? HUH?
I'm going to need an explanation here.

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
You know, there's absolutely nothing wrong with opposing war with or drone strikes on Syria. We're not the world police. Also, if we're going to be tut-tutting war criminals, we should hold ourselves and our allies accountable for our own war crimes against both our own citizens and against citizens of other nations.

I think Tulsi is shit for her views on Islam and her homophobia. But I can't at all fault her for thinking attacking Syria is really stupid. Because it is. Hypocritical too.

Friend I think you have radically misunderstood Gabbard's position re: attacking Syria

Oct 27, 2017

What motivation would there ever been in holding our politicians responsible for war crimes? When ever has America given a singular fuck about anything to hand over an american politician to the hague?

I love your idealism but man it's getting harder and harder to be optimistic about America taking responsiblity for any crimes

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Friend I think you have radically misunderstood Gabbard's position re: attacking Syria
Reading through the thread clearly I have.
But how the fuck is she a "devotee" of Assad then??? What?

What motivation would there ever been in holding our politicians responsible for war crimes? When ever has America given a singular fuck about anything to hand over an american politician to the hague?

I love your idealism but man it's getting harder and harder to be optimistic about America taking responsiblity for any crimes
It's a moral obligation of mine. It may not even effect how I vote given how utterly stained basically every politician on a national level is, but I will always call out someone supporting unncecessarily violent acts of war.

... ewwww.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Reading through the thread clearly I have.
But how the fuck is she a "devotee" of Assad then??? What?

She supports letting Al Assad get back his tyranical power over syria

It's a moral obligation of mine. It may not even effect how I vote given how utterly stained basically every politician on a national level is, but I will always call out someone supporting unncecessarily violent acts of war.

I feel that way too. But Imperialism/Capitalism stains the view of American politics all the way through

Status
Not open for further replies.