• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
She supports letting Al Assad get back his tyranical power over syria
Ah I see.
That is definitely a step too far. We can choose to not support Assad while also not going to war with Syria. That she supports Assad at all is no good. He's a sicko.
I feel that way too. But Imperialism/Capitalism stains the view of American politics all the way through
I've been told I'm woefully naive before. But I have hope that one day our need to lord over the rest of the world can change one day, along with the need to worship corporations.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah I see.
That is definitely a step too far. We can choose to not support Assad while also not going to war with Syria. That she supports Assad at all is no good. He's a sicko.
That's why I made that tankie joke

I've been told I'm woefully naive before. But I have hope that one day our need to lord over the rest of the world can change one day, along with the need to worship corporations.

Like all empires before it, The American Empire will fall sooner then latter

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
At the time, she meant people supporting civil unions.
I'm guessing this was before gay marriage was even floated as possible thing in the United States right? So just asking to be in a civil union was enough for her to label people extremists? How is she a democrat exactly? Like everything about her seems like she'd fit right in with Republicans. Is it a matter of where she's from making it impossible to have a successful career on the right?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Reading through the thread clearly I have.
But how the fuck is she a "devotee" of Assad then??? What?

Her position is the US should bomb Al Qaeda, which constitutes a non-zero percentage of the Syrian Opposition (who oppose Assad), even though the United States backs the Opposition. This lines up with her "Regime change infinity wars bad, war on terror infinity wars good*" approach to military intervention. In 2017 she revealed that she had met with Assad without going through official diplomatic channels, and has since continued to argue that the Opposition are Terrorists. Which isn't... inaccurate, because again, a non-zero percentage of the Opposition is Al Qaeda, but instead of, say, "Infinity wars are bad and we should involve them" she continues to cheer lead about how we should be fighting the Opposition.

*Astute observers would perhaps note that historically, America's whole "We're only bombing terrorists" hasn't worked out super great for the civilians who happen to live in the target country.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking gross, when I said we should never anoint someone again like we did with Clinton didnt mean I wanted a clown car to rival the 2016 GOP race especially if Avenatti joined as well

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Gabbard needs to draw a primary opponent and lose her seat pretty much immediately. I think as long as Bernie runs, she's a nothing candidate. If Bernie stays out, I could see her drawing 10%-ish of the vote from dissatisfied anti-establishment types who just want to watch the world burn.

Hope she gets creamed. The bigot vote is probably going to be split between her and Ojeda.

I'm still amazed that Ojeda could go all out to tailor himself to run in one of the most conservative districts in the country, get all those glowing profiles drawing attention to it, then still get absolutely clobbered and think that running in the Democratic presidential primary is the smart thing to do.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
David Duke likes her.

TP2D8mi.jpg

What more do you need?

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, the democrat field of candidates is going to be even more crowded than I expected, seems everyone will be running.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Tulsi Gabbard, the White Supremacist's first choice in a Dem candidate. WTF is going on here.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I don't support her, but she'd honestly probably be a reasonably strong candidate in the general. A beautiful woman with military credibility who surfs? It's like if Nikki Haley and Beto got in the Brundlefly machine.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I don't support her, but she'd honestly probably be a reasonably strong candidate in the general. A beautiful woman with military credibility who surfs? It's like if Nikki Haley and Beto got in the Brundlefly machine.
With her history of homophobia and supporting dictators?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She hates gay people and is against abortion, it would result in the dem base staying home and Trump winning.

You can't win the general election if the base of the party hates your guts. Homophobia is a terrible way to excite a Democratic base.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
With her history of homophobia and supporting dictators?

I think she'd capture more of the centrist/center-right vote, yeah. I'm fairly certain she could say "I was a different person then" re: the former, and "I'm just being diplomatic/realistic" for the latter. I think the % of the party who would stay home are about equal to, or slightly less than, the swing voters who would go Dem to vote for her based on her superficials, and she might even pick up some Leftists for her Bernie support and non-interventionism. It's hard to say, but I'm fairly certain she'd do better than the disgust for her on RE suggests.

Edit: "Maybe the rebels actually gassed themselves" is by far a bigger albatross. That is a shitty thing she said with basically no constituency.

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I think she'd capture more of the centrist/center-right vote, yeah. I'm fairly certain she could say "I was a different person then" re: the former, and "I'm just being diplomatic/realistic" for the latter.

Edit: "Maybe the rebels actually gassed themselves" is by far a bigger albatross.
It wasn't far enough in the past for that though. She was a pretty shitty person right up until very recently.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think she'd capture more of the centrist/center-right vote, yeah. I'm fairly certain she could say "I was a different person then" re: the former, and "I'm just being diplomatic/realistic" for the latter.
Except....she doesn't. She double downed on her homophobia and anti-abortion views as recently as 2015, just saying she doesn't vote that way because she doesn't want government to dictate personal views however she still holds them.

You really think gay people would be excited to show up to vote for someone who uses anti-gay slurs and doesn't even want kids to learn about them?

Her homophobia is so hardcore not even Mike Pence would say some of the awful things she has said.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Except....she doesn't. She double downed on her homophobia and anti-abortion views as recently as 2015, just saying she doesn't vote that way because she doesn't want government to dictate personal views however she still holds them.

You really think gay people would be excited to show up to vote for someone who uses anti-gay slurs and doesn't even want kids to learn about them?

Her homophobia is so hardcore not even Mike Pence would say some of the awful things she has said.

In a general, I think she probably could disown those past statements successfully enough to lose few enough people that she can make them up with hawkish suburbanites. She's one of those weird candidates where she's probably a stronger for the general electorate than she is for the Dem primary, which she will of course get handily owned in.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a general, I think she probably could disown those past statements successfully enough to lose few enough people that she can make them up with hawkish suburbanites. She's one of those weird candidates where she's probably a stronger for the general electorate than she is for the Dem primary, which she will of course get handily owned in.
You can be so far against everything the base stands for that it would hurt in the general base the dem base would so demoralized. She would lose in the general. Dems wouldn't show up.

You really think the Dem base would turnout to vote for someone who loves Putin, hates gay people, hates muslims, is against abortion? We'd have riots at the convention. The party would self-implode.

You think this gets you strong dem turnout?
Dwr37tvV4AARqiK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.