• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why doesn't she leave Hawaii and run as a Republican?
Even if she did, the GOP would still manage to pick an even worse candidate than Gabbard to run in Hawaii like they did in 2016 (no clue about 2018): https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/yvepyj/angela-aulani-kaaihue-racist-hawaii-japanese-vgtrn
In a deleted Facebook post—now only available in the heavily censored version you see above—she said Japanese people were "murderous," "lieing" (sic), "stealing," and "conspirators." She told them to go back to Japan and, "eat your fucking radiation at Fukushima you fucking low life scum," among other things.

When confronted by local TV News program Hawaii News Now, she walked the statement back, but only a tiny bit. "I truly regret posting that about Japanese people. I don't think all Japanese people are bad, I just think that the non-Christian Japanese people."

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Even if she did, the GOP would still manage to pick an even worse candidate than Gabbard to run in Hawaii like they did in 2016 (no clue about 2018): https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/yvepyj/angela-aulani-kaaihue-racist-hawaii-japanese-vgtrn

tenor.gif

Primus

Oct 25, 2017

Oh yeah, Angela Kaaihue is one hell of a piece of work. OTOH:

• Her actual last name is Stender, she's not a Hawaii native at all, but was born and raised in Arizona. Kaaihue is her ex-husband's name, that entire family has publicly disowned her but she's kept the name to make it seem like she's part-Hawaiian.
  • In 2016 she ran for US House against Mark Takai, who had at the time been diagnosed with cancer. During the campaign she ran ads touting herself as "healthy and cancer-free".
  • At points in time she's declared herself a member of both the Hawaii Democratic and Republican Parties. Both parties have publicly disavowed and disowned her.
  • She showed up again in the 2018 elections, running this time as non-partisan for a State House district vacated by the failed Republican candidate for Governor. She lost.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Beto, Harris, Biden, Klobacher. Enter the field already so these wannabes can get embarrassed and quit
I think she'd capture more of the centrist/center-right vote, yeah. I'm fairly certain she could say "I was a different person then" re: the former, and "I'm just being diplomatic/realistic" for the latter. I think the % of the party who would stay home are about equal to, or slightly less than, the swing voters who would go Dem to vote for her based on her superficials, and she might even pick up some Leftists for her Bernie support and non-interventionism. It's hard to say, but I'm fairly certain she'd do better than the disgust for her on RE suggests.

Edit: "Maybe the rebels actually gassed themselves" is by far a bigger albatross. That is a shitty thing she said with basically no constituency.

What the hell. I am centrist and she is a bigot through and through. In some ways she is worse than trump because he is dumb and she is is seemingly not. She is a mix of modi and pence

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I can't comment on a title without you giving me some kinda attitude? If your asking my opinion on Tulsi Gabbard as President, she's not someone that would be in my personal top 10. She has tons of flaws, even if i like parts of her advocacy

Yes flaws, of being homophobic, an Assad supporter, anti-abortion and Islamophobic, a warhawk who cosplays as a dove...you know just simply "flaws".

And your post absolutely seemed like a criticism of the OP's choice of phrasing so.

Last edited:

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

Al-Qaeda attacked us on 9/11 and must be defeated. Obama won't bomb them in Syria. Putin did. #neverforget911

This on the eve of Russian election interference

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Yes flaws, of being homophobic, an Assad supporter, anti-abortion and Islamophobic, a warhawk who cosplays as a dove...you know minor flaws.

How is it that Tulsi of all people is where you choose to spare your words?

Also if you're comment wasn't intended to make it sound like you were criticizing the OP for being unfair to Tulsi... I believe you might want to re-examine who you choose to communicate your ideas.

Arent you just picking out what you want to hear from my words?

Your basically inferring things that don't exist in my mind, with pretty selective and convenient leftist sentiments might i add.

I thought the title was a bit hyperbolic. That's why i commented. If i thought any more than that, i would have said so, as i generally don't shy away from what i think when it comes to issues like this.

If you want to know my actually sentiments, I'm not a supporter of Tulsi gabbard unlike some leftists, and despite my personal view of not letting people's pasts come into play if they have demonstrated an honest effort to change their rhetoric and behavior, her personal history at the DNC and before that makes me ambivalent to her and not as accepting of her suddenly becoming progressive champion with her past twitter statements.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Arent you just picking out what you want to hear from my words?

Your basically inferring things that don't exist in my mind, with pretty selective and convenient leftist sentiments might i add.

I thought the title was a bit hyperbolic. That's why i commented. If i thought any more than that, i would have said so, as i generally don't shy away from what i think when it comes to issues like this.

If you want to know my actually sentiments, I'm not a supporter of Tulsi gabbard unlike some leftists, and despite my personal view of not letting people's pasts come into play if they have demonstrated an honest effort to change their rhetoric and behavior, her personal history at the DNC and before that makes me ambivalent to her and not as accepting of her suddenly becoming progressive champion with her past twitter statements.

Fair enough, note i reworded my post to be a little less inflammatory, so apologies on that since you saw the original one.

The title is not hyperbole though, she literally is a big supporter of Assad.

I'd still argue her issues are more than flaws but maybe flaws is a bigger word for you than it is for me.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Fair enough, note i reworded my post to be a little less inflammatory, so apologies on that since you saw the original one.

The title is not hyperbole though, she literally is a big supporter of Assad.

I'd still argue her issues are more than flaws but maybe flaws is a bigger word for you than it is for me.

I'll put it this way, this woman has a ton of skeletons that stop me from saying she's a victim of smear tactics like i feel many honest progressives are.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit what an unreasonable take. Total moron 🤯

If Dems that align with facist leaders or oppressive regimes shouldn't be allowed to run then I guess say goodbye to anyone that supports Saudi Arbabia or Israel

That's some really cute false equivalency. I guess as long as someone supports Israel it's okay if Tulsi Gabbard supports a regime that gasses children.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
That's some really cute false equivalency. I guess as long as someone supports Israel it's okay if Tulsi Gabbard supports a regime that gasses children.
But a regime that bombs and shoots children is ok? I'm not saying it's okay to support either. They're both awful and should not be supported.

But it's beyond hypocritical to mock Gabbard for supporting Assad while turning a blind eye to the steadfast support of Israel and Saudi Arabia shown by virtually every other politician. The atrocities Saudi Arabia is committing in Yemen are unspeakable and what Israel is doing to the Palestinians is worse than SA Apartheid but they get a free pass because they're on our team.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
But a regime that bombs and shoots children is ok? I'm not saying it's okay to support either. They're both awful and should not be supported.

But it's beyond hypocritical to mock Gabbard for supporting Assad while turning a blind eye to the steadfast support of Israel and Saudi Arabia shown by virtually every other politician. The atrocities Saudi Arabia is committing in Yemen are unspeakable and what Israel is doing to the Palestinians is worse than SA Apartheid but they get a free pass because they're on our team.

No, you're just going out of your way to question criticism of a Republican running as a Democrat, who just so happens to be the white supremacist choice.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, you're just going out of your way to question criticism of a Republican running as a Democrat, who just so happens to be the white supremacist choice.
He goes out of his way to question criticism of a right-wing conservative Fox News darling who openly attacked gay people and advocated banning abortion and in 2016 confirmed her views on gays and abortion has not changed at all she just doesn't vote that way.

Yet.....he goes out of his way to insist Beto is not progressive enough to be the nominee and Kamala is a cop.

kambaybolongo questions criticizing someone for thinking homosexuality is immoral and is against abortion rights......but is all for trashing a candidate because they voted with Republicans 8% of the time instead of the normal Democrat average of 7%.

1f914.png

Would be nice to see him attack a person who hates gay people and doesn't want women to have the right to control their own body as much as he attacks someone who votes with Republicans 1% more than Nancy Pelosi.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
He goes out of his way to question criticism of a right-wing conservative Fox News darling who openly attacked gay people and advocated banning abortion and in 2016 confirmed her views on gays and abortion has not changed at all she just doesn't vote that way.

Yet.....he goes out of his way to insist Beto is not progressive enough to be the nominee and Kamala is a cop.

kambaybolongo questions criticizing someone for thinking homosexuality is immoral and is against abortion rights......but is all for trashing a candidate because they voted with Republicans 8% of the time instead of the normal Democrat average of 7%.

1f914.png
Yup. You sure hit the nail on the head there. Surprised you didn't suggest I was a Russian bot. Must have been difficult to restrain yourself.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm.... it's almost like saying people should be allowed to run if they want to and also probably should not win isn't a contradiction.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. You sure hit the nail on the head there. Surprised you didn't suggest I was a Russian not. Must have been difficult to restrain yourself.
Seeing how you go out of your way to attack very liberal candidates who have been steadfast supporters of socially liberal ideology in Beto and Kamala any chance you get yet are pretty damn restrained when it comes to Tulsi who literally HATES gay people is pretty weird.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I think Gabbard is a moron and I'm not defending her. But please, please feel free to ignore everything I just wrote 🙄

Oh of course not, you just ran in to make it be known that you felt that anyone who supported a candidate who has come out in support of Israel, which nearly every American politician seems to feel compelled to do, is a hypocrite and can't criticize her for her support of Assad. Heaven forbid people conflate attempting to shut down discussion of a candidate's flaws with defending said candidate.

hmmm.... it's almost like saying people should be allowed to run if they want to and also probably should not win isn't a contradiction.

No one is saying anyone "shouldn't be allowed to run."

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how you go out of your way to attack the very progressive candidates who have been steadfast supporters of socially liberal idelogy in Beto and Kamala any chance you get yet are pretty damn restrained when it comes to Tulsi who literally HATES gay people is pretty weird.
Your selective reading is honestly pretty impressive. If you're interested in having an honest dialogue about what I wrote than I'm all for it. But this? No thanks dude.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your selective reading is honestly pretty impressive. If you're interested in having an honest dialogue about what I wrote than I'm all for it. But this? No thanks dude.
Why don't you go at Tulsi who is an actual right-winger in wolves clothing with the same fervor as you do actual real progressives like Kamala and Beto? Instead you deflect criticism of her and pull the whataboutism card.

It's weird man. It makes it seem like actual policies don't matter since the candidates with trusted track records of progressive social policies like Beto and Kamala get nothing but scorn from you but you keep your mouth shut about Tulsi who espoused more anti-gay nonsense than Mike fucking Pence.

Oct 25, 2017

Do you even know what gassing is and what it does to people?

Inadvertently killing children is heinous indeed—deliberately gassing children to strike fear in the heart's of adults is cause for making an 10th circle of Hell. Only your consequentialism can equivocate these two. Defending Tulsi Garbage who is okay with both children killing methods anyway is suss.

Last edited:

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know what gassing is?

The reductive consequentialism in this is

Do you even know what gassing is and what it does to people?

Inadvertently killing children is heinous indeed—deliberately gassing a children to strike fear in the heart's of adults is cause for making an 8th circle of Hell. Defending Tulsi Garbage, who supports both anyway, is suss.
inadvertently? Idk if that's the language I'd use.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Again...at no point did I defend Gabbard. You see what you want to see I guess.

My point was, support for Israel and Saudi Arabia goes unquestioned despite countless war crimes and human rights violations. But a candidate supports Assad and people lose their minds because they're the designated boogeyman.

Are they the same thing? No. Are they a lot more similar than most here would care to admit? Yes.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Again...at no point did I defend Gabbard. You see what you want to see I guess.

My point was, support for Israel and Saudi Arabia goes unquestioned despite countless war crimes and human rights violations. But a candidate supports Assad and people lose their minds because they're the designated boogeyman.

Are they the same thing? No. Are they a lot more similar than most here would care to admit? Yes.

This reads as an attempt to downplay criticism of the Assad regime.

For the record, support of Israel is not unquestioned on ResetEra.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
This reads as an attempt to downplay criticism of the Assad regime.

For the record, support of Israel is not unquestioned on ResetEra.
For the record, I was talking about American politicians, not resetera.

You can read the comment however you want but I would love it if when a candidate announced steadfast support for SA and Israel they were treated with even a tenth of vitriol slung towards Gabbard for Assad.

You'd think considering how hung up posters here are about Russian influence that they'd maybe raise an eyebrow at the massive influence SA and Israel have over our elected officials.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
For the record, I was talking about American politicians, not resetera.

You can read the comment however you want but I would love it if when a candidate announced steadfast support for SA and Israel they were treated with even a tenth of vitriol slung towards Gabbard for Assad.

You'd think considering how hung up posters here are about Russian influence that they'd maybe raise an eyebrow at the massive influence SA and Israel have over our elected officials.

You are, in fact, continuing to talk about ResetEra.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
You are, in fact, continuing to talk about ResetEra.
Dude what? This was my comment:

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[TR][TD]
She's staffing up!

Friday, January 05, 2018
By Andrew Walden

Tulsi Gabbard Hires Russian Agent to Keep Hawaii Media in Check

Russia has lots of experience in media censorship. So perhaps it is logical that Rep Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI-2) hires an agent of the Russian government as a 'consultant' to keep Hawaii media under control.

But Gabbard's consultant, Chris Cooper of the Potomac Square Group, is no ordinary Russian agent. Cooper is allegedly one of seven identified as being at the center of illegal Russian lobbying efforts reaching into the Trump campaign and Congress.

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Arti...CNxhAiSJCRer_kBgpnxZEAIxvHvZKmARnuonEf79ZHvTk

[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]

[/TD][/TR]

Oct 27, 2017
It's fascinating how ANYONE who considers themself liberal/progressive would not immediately dogpile Gabbard, or even go as far as tut-tutting people who do.

Shit's wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.